Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:28:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner Fan Club t-shirt design contest  (Read 3349 times)
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:05:04 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2013, 03:22:53 PM by nubbins

Hey folks,

I'm a screenprinter by day, and I recently ran a group buy of friedcat "fan club" t-shirts, which you can see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=230843.0

With the popularity of friedcat/AM growing by the day, I figured it'd be worthwhile to do another t-shirt run, but this time, with an added twist:

THE BEST USER-SUBMITTED DESIGN WILL BE CHOSEN.

Here's the rules of this contest:
1) Submit a .jpg or .png preview of your design in this thread, for people to view and comment on.
2) The most popular entry will be chosen on July 7 (my opinion matters here, as some designs don't print well).
3) Once the winning entry is chosen, I'll open a new Group Buy thread and start accepting payment.
4) If we reach 12 shirt orders by July 12, I'll print the shirts; if not, everyone gets their money back.
5) If we reach 24 shirt orders by July 12, the price drops by $5 per shirt, and everyone who already paid will get a partial refund.
6) Also, if we reach 12 shirt orders, the winner of the contest gets 2 free shirts, and will have one of their shirts sent to friedcat as well.
7) All final submissions must be in .ai, .svg, or other vector format. Psd, jpg, png, etc will not be accepted. Maximum of two colors, although single-color designs will be given preference.

Our old go-to shirt style is being phased out, so this shirt run will be printed on slightly more expensive Anvil organic cotton. Initial cost for the first 12 shirts will be somewhere between $15 and $20, depending on the artwork and the final cost of the blank shirts.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SilentSonicBoom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 12:58:55 PM

Hey folks,

I'm a screenprinter by day, and I recently ran a group buy of friedcat "fan club" t-shirts, which you can see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=230843.0

With the popularity of friedcat/AM growing by the day, I figured it'd be worthwhile to do another t-shirt run, but this time, with an added twist:

THE BEST USER-SUBMITTED DESIGN WILL BE CHOSEN.

Here's the rules of this contest:
1) Submit a .jpg or .png preview of your design in this thread, for people to view and comment on.
2) The most popular entry will be chosen on June 30 (my opinion matters here, as some designs don't print well).
3) Once the winning entry is chosen, I'll open a new Group Buy thread and start accepting payment.
4) If we reach 12 shirt orders by July 7, I'll print the shirts; if not, everyone gets their money back.
5) If we reach 24 shirt orders by July 7, the price drops by $5 per shirt, and everyone who already paid will get a partial refund.
6) Also, if we reach 12 shirt orders, the winner of the contest gets a free shirt, and will have one of their shirts sent to friedcat as well.
7) All final submissions must be in .ai, .svg, or other vector format. Psd, jpg, png, etc will not be accepted. Maximum of two colors, although single-color designs will be given preference.

Our old go-to shirt style is being phased out, so this shirt run will be printed on slightly more expensive Anvil organic cotton. Initial cost for the first 12 shirts will be somewhere between $15 and $20, depending on the artwork and the final cost of the blank shirts.

Just a friendly bump. I am not a graphic designer, but any quality shirts that deal with Bitcoin or ASICMiner in general are appreciated. Good luck with the t-shirt run!

irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:53:16 AM

there is this list of questions they want to ask friedcat:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1M7wigyDWjKjabHKdC7msaEfXvYaNxtMbbmTIRss8EqU/viewform?pli=1

but the most important question is not on the list: Friedcat, what is your favorite color?

(maybe Friedcat is reading this thread, /me crosses his fingers  Cheesy )

(you know, for the shirt design)

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:28:50 PM

Rebump  Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 10:48:26 PM

UPDATE:
While this contest is still ongoing, I've also set up a second group buy for another run of the first friedcat shirt design.

Check it out here, if you're interested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246518.0

Krellan

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:31:59 PM

Nice!  Only thing I'd change about the original T-shirt design is to add one of those mottoes from the original conversation on that huge ASICMINER thread: "Cat Rich Or Die Frying", "Bit Rich Or Fry Trying", or some variation thereabouts.

I will put in a preorder for your Group Buy #2.  Would love to see what other designs were submitted.  It looks like others have similar ideas as well (not trying to rain on your parade here, just pointing these out for reference):

http://teespring.com/50friedcat

http://www.shirtoshi.com/

1JUZr4TZ5zuB4WdEv4mrhZMaM7yttpJvLG Smiley
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:57:30 PM

Nice!  Only thing I'd change about the original T-shirt design is to add one of those mottoes from the original conversation on that huge ASICMINER thread: "Cat Rich Or Die Frying", "Bit Rich Or Fry Trying", or some variation thereabouts.

I will put in a preorder for your Group Buy #2.  Would love to see what other designs were submitted.  It looks like others have similar ideas as well (not trying to rain on your parade here, just pointing these out for reference):

http://teespring.com/50friedcat

http://www.shirtoshi.com/

Yeah, I think the teespring one just went up today. Shirtoshi has a lot of nice designs, too.

We're still too small of a studio to have the space for lots of extra stock, so it's difficult to offer a ton of designs all at once. We've had a lot of success with the group buy / pre-order model though, on the forums as well as through our own website.

I've got plans for more silkscreened paper wallets (although we can print these to order as well, and they're cheaper than you'd think), as well as another secret project that can't be revealed just yet. Smiley

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:23:29 PM

I've extended the submission deadline to July 7.

rethaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:50:14 AM

Not really an entry, but had to:

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 11:06:47 PM

garfield, cute..now add a Bitcoin logo to it.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:53:43 PM

another option is to collect enough funds to submit a project to a site like crowdspring and get an even larger, world-wide crowd of designers to take a stab at this...
this would acomplish 2 things:
- you get top, world class designers to compete for a design.
- you introduce all said designers to bitcoins  Grin
- you can run a poll that would be open to donators who funded crowdspring design to help select the ultimate winner
- probably a few more i'm forgetting here...

i have used crowdspring before... and I'd be happy to facilitate this if there's interest.
aahzmundus

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:13:30 PM

another option is to collect enough funds to submit a project to a site like crowdspring and get an even larger, world-wide crowd of designers to take a stab at this...
- you can run a poll that would be open to donators who funded crowdspring design to help select the ultimate winner

i have used crowdspring before... and I'd be happy to facilitate this if there's interest.

Interested... how much... NAME YOUR PRICE!!!

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:37:40 PM

Interested... how much... NAME YOUR PRICE!!!

This does indeed sound interesting.

I'm leaving for a two-week vacation in western Canada on the 20th, so I may look into this when I get back... wouldn't want to leave the project in limbo, and I'll be deep in the mountains, so internet access won't be reliable/available. Smiley

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:24:38 PM

Well set some really low bid orders and get some ASICminer as well in case it goes up a lot then some really high sell orders XD
Ha-ha have a fun two weeks
If your in Alberta Jasper and Banff have wifi  Wink

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:29:18 PM

Well set some really low bid orders and get some ASICminer as well in case it goes up a lot then some really high sell orders XD
If your in Alberta Jasper and Banff have wifi  Wink

How far up tunnel mountain does the signal go? Wink

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:31:04 PM

If your in Alberta Jasper and Banff have wifi  Wink

How far up tunnel mountain does the signal go? Wink

He-he at the campground it works fine XD
Just make sure to bring your weather gear Smiley
Have fun in 2 weeks time XD

Moogle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 11:30:53 PM

I run a printing company in the UK myself. if its any easier for you I can take care of any UK and other European orders :-)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: