Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2024, 02:59:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie post about btc2pp  (Read 455 times)
theoldminer (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:47:13 PM

Hi,

I recently registered to warn people about using btc2pp.net to convert their bitcoins to paypal.

A month ago, (on may 23) I sent 0.4705 BTC to them to convert to paypal. I Never received anything. I wrote them 3 times, asked for explanations, proposed to get my money back, I never received any reply.

So I can only strongly advise you NOT to do any business with btc2pp.net

regards,

jarusm

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:00:15 PM

Thnanks!
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:03:48 PM

Since it can not be repeated often enough:

Besides eBay, Paypal is the MOST unsafe way to exchange Bitcoin from and to Dollars or any other fiat currency.

This is because:

• Paypal forbids trading with cryptocurrencies per their Terms of Service. If you do so anyways your paypal account can be frozen and terminated. This mostly affects people that want to do this as a business like the mentioned btc2pp.net and many similar services. If Paypal takes a closer look they will freeze the accounts and thus such services will be unable to pay people that gave them their BTC.
  • A person receiving BTC and giving away money has A LOT of time to make a chargeback for the money. A chargeback becomes even easier if said person is using a credit card for Paypal.

Use exchanges like MtGox and the like in order to exchange BTC for money. Or do it in person. And ALLWAYS use an escrow.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 2612

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 03:58:10 PM

Since it can not be repeated often enough:

Besides eBay, Paypal is the MOST unsafe way to exchange Bitcoin from and to Dollars or any other fiat currency.

This is because:

• Paypal forbids trading with cryptocurrencies per their Terms of Service. If you do so anyways your paypal account can be frozen and terminated. This mostly affects people that want to do this as a business like the mentioned btc2pp.net and many similar services. If Paypal takes a closer look they will freeze the accounts and thus such services will be unable to pay people that gave them their BTC.
  • A person receiving BTC and giving away money has A LOT of time to make a chargeback for the money. A chargeback becomes even easier if said person is using a credit card for Paypal.

Use exchanges like MtGox and the like in order to exchange BTC for money. Or do it in person. And ALLWAYS use an escrow.
I knew everyhting you just mentioned here but why BTC-E still provides Paypal payments?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: