Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:12:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buying alt coins  (Read 844 times)
kbneo (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:57:28 AM

Hi,

When buying altcoins, i understand that we typically need to use BTC or ETH to purchase. So we will need to buy BTC or ETH first and then use it to buy altcoins. The thing is do we need to care about the price of BTC or ETH whether they are rising or falling? How will it impact the altcoin purchase?
Thanks.
xCRYPTO

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:32:47 AM

Hi,

When buying altcoins, i understand that we typically need to use BTC or ETH to purchase. So we will need to buy BTC or ETH first and then use it to buy altcoins. The thing is do we need to care about the price of BTC or ETH whether they are rising or falling? How will it impact the altcoin purchase?
Thanks.

Always remember that everytime bitcoin has rising mostly altcoins are dumping because some holders selling to get btc and sell it again to usdt. Then when btc are going to price correction you should buy in dip.. time of dumping. Hope it helps you
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 04:36:44 AM

Hi,

Thanks.

Always remember that everytime bitcoin has rising mostly altcoins are dumping because some holders selling to get btc and sell it again to usdt. Then when btc are going to price correction you should buy in dip.. time of dumping. Hope it helps you
And remember, nothing happens "everytime" in crypto. The anti-correlation between Bitcoin and Altcoins never lasts.
iEARNnLEARN05

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:46:33 AM

Hi,

Thanks.

Sometimes even dev are also dumping his own coin to get more btc if bitcoin going in new ath. Just my opinion.
Varavu

Activity: 89

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:28:43 AM

For buying altcoins we need to use bitcoin or ethereum to purchase it.  According to its price we will invest in other altcoins. Once other altcoins price goes down botcoin price is blooming.
josealerav

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:32:22 AM

Hi,

Thanks.

And remember, nothing happens "everytime" in crypto. The anti-correlation between Bitcoin and Altcoins never lasts.
Yeah, usually if the price of Bitcoin is going up, it will dim the price of other altcoins down for a bit till it's back to normal.
bitcoinstress

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 02:23:45 PM

For buying altcoins we need to use bitcoin or ethereum to purchase it.  According to its price we will invest in other altcoins. Once other altcoins price goes down botcoin price is blooming.
You can use other option for buy bitcoins. It's depend on the developer of the coins.

EvaGC

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:09:27 PM

I've been thinking about the same thing lately. BTC and ETH are becoming huge thanks to these small alt-coins that should actually become "competition". How interesting would it be for ICOs to work differently, not having to go through BTC-ETH
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:06:56 PM

I've been thinking about the same thing lately. BTC and ETH are becoming huge thanks to these small alt-coins that should actually become "competition". How interesting would it be for ICOs to work differently, not having to go through BTC-ETH
I know quite a few of big ico's where you could use some swiss site to pay them in USD & EURO & Swiss Francs, instead of ethereum / bitcoin. So yes, this is already happening, and it really doesn't make a difference.

satgoldan

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:34:30 PM

You can earn money on shitcoin pumps

─────────────── IMO Ecosystem ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
[ TELEGRAM ] J O I N U S [ TWITTER ]
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:46:09 PM

The price of Bitcoin and Ethereum will vary from day to day. You are fine to buy those coins at any price as long as it's not moving around too quickly at the time you are making your purchase. Ideally, the price will have been fairly stable for several hours or even more than a day. Then once you have bought your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can then turn around and buy your altcoin fairly quickly, and you shouldn't suffer any ill effects from Bitcoin or Ethereum price fluctuations.

The scenario you want to avoid is that situation where you are buying Bitcoin during a time the price is dropping rapidly. In that case your purchasing power for altcoins can quickly erode, as the altcoin prices will tend to increase relative to Bitcoin to keep pace with their normal US Dollar value. It's not nearly so bad if you buy Bitcoin during a time when its price is rapidly increasing, because then your altcoin purchasing power goes up as the altcoin price relative to Bitcoin will tend to drop. However, there are times when both the price of Bitcoin and the price of altcoins go up rapidly at the same time, and that can make trading very challenging.

As long as you are buying altcoins, you want to look for the good ones. What makes a good altcoin?
1. It's been around for a while (new coins could turn out to be good but you don't know that yet).
2. Healthy community
3. More than one person on the development team
4. Coin has a plan beyond mere speculation
5. Coin has some value-added infrastructure
6. Coin has incentive for people to hold onto it (good proof of stake returns are the most common incentive)
7. Substantial amounts of the coin are kept off the open market (i.e., by people holding it or it being locked up in some way)

There are a few good altcoins out there which are currently undervalued. One in particular is Diamond Coin (DMD). Check it out; do your homework. I believe you will find that DMD meets all the above requirements.
Kayaeh

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:37:42 PM

What is interesting in the altcoins is its volatility, and much more than bitcoin.

For me 75% of my cryptos are altcoins, the rest is BTC, and generally I earn more with my altcoins but you have to choose them well, and have a little luck too!  Grin

MaxKor

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:53:28 PM

Hi,

Thanks.

If btc or eth rise in price, when you have them, so u can buy more alts on them. It's like usd/eur pair
Kajevy

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:27:53 PM

moist of altcoins not have direct link to bitcoin so that not matter and you can get altcoins evern not have bitcoin

but as general if bitcoin end all other alt will end
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:38:20 PM

Hi,

Thanks.

It's sure that it's important to care about the price of BTC or Eth when purchasing altcoins. If BTC price is high you have the power to purchase more altcoins at a cheap price.

Also, there are several marketplace where you can buy some altcoins using directly fiat money like $ or €. For example DEX on Waves platform.
EtherATM

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:56:53 PM

of course when you are bought bitcoin or ethereum which have low price then ban can be bought many altcoin more. but if you determine long term investing then i think you should not interested in its price
GorillaDental

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:44:38 PM

Trying to time the best entry point into altcoins has been a disaster for many in the last month or two, especially. It's one thing for an altcoin to beat USD but it's turned out to be quite another to beat btc the way that it's been rising. Some seem really good at it, but I think we hear more of the success stories and less of the majority who lose money essentially betting against bitcoin. Buying an altcoin is essentially like saying you think it's better and will be more popular and more valuable than the coin with the most devs, the most publicity, and the longest track record. Kudos to those who can do that, but I think most try and fail...and are too embarrassed to admit it. I've seen coins that I read about, learned about, and really believed in drop to 1/3 of their IPO...in fact, that seems to happen fairly often. It's a risky game..
psibenik

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:01:25 AM

Bitcoin is typically purchased with Bitcoin or Ethereum. Both BTC and ETH can be purchased with fiat. No need to go fiat to BTC to ETH to other alt. Just go Fiat to ETH OR BTC to alt.
iEARNnLEARN05

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:13:17 AM

it's really complicated for me to understand bitcoin and altcoin, the price is unpredictable.

Study and learn how to read candlesticks when you understand that. It can guide what price is good to buy and also the change (the positive and negative changes)
Kayaeh

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:44:54 PM

Yes but whatever happens, the price is unpredictable, there are too many factors, the human factor being the least predictable of all ...

Maybe we will all become "rich", or maybe not!  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: