Bitcoin Forum
October 01, 2024, 10:13:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do MtGox suspend USD withdrawals?  (Read 1711 times)
wingding (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:39:12 PM

I do  not believe their own explanation:

"We are currently making improvements to process withdrawals of United States Dollar (USD) denominations, and as a result are temporarily suspending cash withdrawals of USD for the next two weeks."

Why not? Because bank transfers still work as they always have done. And if MtGox are making 'improvements' they could and would easily do this without their users feeling the change. And there is no reason to believe this is an increased-volume problem: The market is more quiet than its been for months, MtGox dealt fine with larger volumes than this before. I can only see following reasons:

1. Mtgox is running out of money. (for some reason I wont speculate on here) They suspend USD withdrawals only - beacause it stops the large part of money outflow, still giving an impression that this is some USD currency-issue.

2. The banks are creating the problems for MtGox and bitcoin. The banks do not like bitcoin, and would like to discredit it. The US governments are much more owned by banks than they are in any other nation.  It could be that MtGox actually have problem to pay back US residents - but to hide the fact, they suspend all USD payments, covering it as a currency issue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: