Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:04:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Bitcoins  (Read 888 times)
Bitcoin2PayPal (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 06:25:05 PM

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:27:23 PM

Consider fixing your font, its messed up. Not professional.
Bitcoin2PayPal (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 06:32:40 PM

Although negative, we do appreciate your feedback.

Do you mind elaborating what you mean (possibly with a picture?)  
It may be your browser as we haven't had anyone else mention this.

Kind Regards,
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:56:26 PM

Kind Regards,

Consider it constructive criticism and you should welcome the feedback as others may look and walk away without giving feedback. Sometimes the way a product looks is enough to drive people to it or away from it.

Looks like IE is ok for the font but the home page has different font sizes for a few of the spans. IE: We pay the Mt. Gox rate at the time is showing as 0.9em font size while    
Available worldwide is showing as 0.5em font size. This looks awkward. The rest of the interface is easy to the eye.

Firefox/Chrome have this font issue. see screens. I can email you the images if you PM me, I don't want to clutter up your thread.

BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:10:30 PM

PM me. I have a metric ton.

BTC Long.
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 09:11:50 PM

What are you going to do when PayPal limits you and possibly starts reversing transactions for you buying Bitcoins with PayPal?

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
Bitcoin2PayPal (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 05:34:30 PM

Kind Regards,

Consider it constructive criticism and you should welcome the feedback as others may look and walk away without giving feedback. Sometimes the way a product looks is enough to drive people to it or away from it.

Looks like IE is ok for the font but the home page has different font sizes for a few of the spans. IE: We pay the Mt. Gox rate at the time is showing as 0.9em font size while    
Available worldwide is showing as 0.5em font size. This looks awkward. The rest of the interface is easy to the eye.

Firefox/Chrome have this font issue. see screens. I can email you the images if you PM me, I don't want to clutter up your thread.

We thank you for reporting back to us this bug! - We'll get this sorted as soon as possible..

Also, we have a small team involved on this project and believe we can evade PP until we find a better solution for converting BTC to £/$/etc.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 05:44:41 PM

This is not just "your problem".

Here is what happened to me:

I and many others sold BTC for PP to a trusted member.
He never reversed any charges and was an honest guy.
He bought a lot of BTC, he also sold the BTC and had a happy little business making profit on the spread.
PP froze his account and pulled back all the funds from all of us who sold him BTC!
So now I did not have my BTC and I did not have my USD.
The guy who bought the BTC also did not have the USD - PP did - so he could not refund the money.
After a long time (I forget how long, months if I recall) PP finally did give all of us our money back.
So all us BTC sellers and the middleman had our funds tied up while PP "looked into it"

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Bitcoin2PayPal (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 05:53:11 PM

Thank you for the heads up, We will continue to try our best to provide and protect our service.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 05:54:25 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 06:04:32 PM by BurtW

Thank you for the heads up, We will continue to try our best to provide and protect our service.

READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83679.0

then let's talk about PP.  Take special note of the ANGER of all his customers, directed at him, even though it was not his fault!

Refreshing my memory from the thread PP tied up the money for two months.

Also note:  this is not the only thread about doing business with PP on this forum.  Check it out.  There are dozens of threads.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 06:36:58 PM

Well, nothing we can do to stop you but I think it's clear that PayPal in the long term just is not suitable for this kind of thing. They've already said they do not allow Bitcoin purchases - which I see no different to any other digital service that gets provided online - probably because they see Bitcoin as a threat or want to integrate it into their own systems.

Imagine this, the market cap for BTC is only at 1 billion if I'm not wrong. PayPal could easily integrate BTC into their systems and offer a sort of in house currency exchange. Buy BTCs in batches of millions, turn profit by charging customers for the exchange. Rinse and repeat. The only downside to this is that it's success would rely on the community, but as we've seen with MTGox, if it's mainstream, people will flock to it. It can't be helped. People just want the easiest option and no doubt if this did happen, PayPal would make adding funds to PayPal accounts even easier.

Back on topic, your whole business is based on PayPal. Sooner or later your account is going to raise flags unless you literally have a way of masking your payment sources, which in itself is against PayPal ToS and probably illegal if taxes are involved.

Anyway, just my two cents. GL.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:05:16 PM

paypal is considering allowing BTC payments and funding... so when this happens, you can go directly to and from paypal with no need fora  middleman.

Meanwhile a middle man may workout if and only if they have a big enough buffer to sustain chargebacks or paypal freezing accounts. They need to be able to be the "paypal" to ensure timely transactions. Ofcourse this is the value-add to the customer for using this system since Paypal doesn't natively support btc. The site would take in btc or take in usd/fiat and convert using the internal stash (the startup cost say $50k worth to start)... and then would post the transactions to paypal later. So if there is an issue the customer would not be affected, only the business which has to take it into account (CODB - cost of doing business).

The way this would work to avoid ppl have their funds frozen is to have the business offer to take btc from its front end portal and then pay customers usd via paypal (gift), non reversable and no fees. This would mean that paypal assumes no responsibility for the transactiona nd can't be rolledback for any reason, unless for some external legal reasons.

Taking usd via paypal and converting to btc would work by the customer paying the business as a gift and receiving btc. Ofcourse the customer would not be covered if they wanted to roll back but they would have to accept that, as the business can simply reject any transactions that are not labelled as "gift". Once the business sees the transaction they can send btc to the client via internal buffer and replenish the buffer from an exchange as needed.

I think this covers the bases.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 09:16:36 PM

paypal is considering allowing BTC payments and funding...
Do you have an actual source for this statement?

I will believe it only when I see it.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:21:17 PM

This is not just "your problem".

Here is what happened to me:

I and many others sold BTC for PP to a trusted member.
He never reversed any charges and was an honest guy.
He bought a lot of BTC, he also sold the BTC and had a happy little business making profit on the spread.
PP froze his account and pulled back all the funds from all of us who sold him BTC!
So now I did not have my BTC and I did not have my USD.
The guy who bought the BTC also did not have the USD - PP did - so he could not refund the money.
After a long time (I forget how long, months if I recall) PP finally did give all of us our money back.
So all us BTC sellers and the middleman had our funds tied up while PP "looked into it"

I believe the website would be the only one who can roll-back the transaction because they are the ones sending funds via paypal. The reciever would not be able to roll-back because they are on the recieving side of a one way transaction. This thing you explained maybe avoided if the accounts are verified. Once you have a corporate paypal account and are verified commercially then you may not have this problem. Other than that I don't see why paypal would freeze accounts if its a registered account sending money to another.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:27:05 PM

paypal is considering allowing BTC payments and funding...
Do you have an actual source for this statement?

I will believe it only when I see it.

Its old news you probably already seen the interview:

http://www.leaprate.com/forex-industry-news/entry/paypal-and-amazon-to-join-the-bitcoin-revolution.html
Bitcoin2PayPal (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 07:27:37 PM

Repost:

After reading through the feedback we have decided we will considering dropping the minimum amount you can sell us,
(How much would you like it to be?)

We have also decided we are staying in phase one, purely buying coins until either PayPal support Bitcoin in the future (fingers crossed) or we find another service like PayPal, where we can mold a similar service.

We would also like to apologize for giving a less than speedy response to a few recent enquiries.
Due to other commitments, the team haven't been able to commit as much as we would like to but we shall respond as soon as possible.

Also, Pleasure doing business with everyone who has so far, we've even had our first return customer! (yey Smiley) Thank you!

Kind Regards,
btc2pp

We've had a look into the font issue and it should be fixed now!
(appreciate if anyone can verify!)

Also, on a slightly lighter note,
haha!
it seems as if Bitcoin may soon be implemented into PayPal then? but it's play ball their way or no way.  .. well. Wink
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:21:32 PM

Repost:

After reading through the feedback we have decided we will considering dropping the minimum amount you can sell us,
(How much would you like it to be?)

We have also decided we are staying in phase one, purely buying coins until either PayPal support Bitcoin in the future (fingers crossed) or we find another service like PayPal, where we can mold a similar service.

We would also like to apologize for giving a less than speedy response to a few recent enquiries.
Due to other commitments, the team haven't been able to commit as much as we would like to but we shall respond as soon as possible.

Also, Pleasure doing business with everyone who has so far, we've even had our first return customer! (yey Smiley) Thank you!

Kind Regards,
btc2pp

We've had a look into the font issue and it should be fixed now!
(appreciate if anyone can verify!)

Also, on a slightly lighter note,
haha!
it seems as if Bitcoin may soon be implemented into PayPal then? but it's play ball their way or no way.  .. well. Wink

I hope you are not a part of the QA process:

"3 Easy steps from Bitcons to paypal" typo.

Also seems that the "i"'s are not liked by FF or chrome but are ok with IE... it places all lower case i's as I's and look like lowercase l (L). Looks funny.
Bitcoin2PayPal (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:44:25 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 09:06:14 PM by Bitcoin2PayPal

That was embarrassing.

We added the missing 'i' and decided to change the general font to a standard one and upped it's size.
Care to check again for us?

Thank you!  

Edit: We've just implemented, selling smaller amounts! Smiley enjoy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: