Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:47:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good time to buy BTC?  (Read 3672 times)
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:00:36 PM

Does anyone think BTC will dip in the near-term or is it a good time to buy as an investment?
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:22:43 PM

You can't ask us here, as most of us have a conflict of interest, in that if you buy, the value of our BTC goes up.

If you really insist on getting the community's advice on it though, the best place to ask is the speculation sub-board.
cheesylard

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 10:27:24 PM

Does anyone think BTC will dip in the near-term or is it a good time to buy as an investment?
That's for you to decide.
Perseus353

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:40:14 PM

I think yes -- the price will hover around $100 for a little bit longer -- and it is very likely that there will be a gradual appreciation in the coming year; and there are also odds of an explosion or bull run again.

Gradual: with the rise of Asic mining, the size network and difficulty will increase dramatically in the coming year -- and indirectly, this affects what people are willing to invest in it. The more resources are marshalled into creating bitcoins, the more valuable they are perceived to be, and therefore, will be.  

Sudden: There's a few factors that may cause another explosive price increase -- but it's hard to predict when these will happen.

Crisis: As happened earlier this year -- economic crisis in Cypus, Spain, Argentina, Russia -- and then investors jumping the bandwagon -- drove the price up dramatically. It later dropped off and stabilized at the current level. Another crisis, hard to predict, can cause a similar jump and extreme volatility.

Paypal: The CEO of Paypal has said several times that he is personally fascinated by bitcoin -- and has studied it very closely. He also said that they have not decided whether to incorporate bitcoin Yet. Once they do, then bitcoin will be firmly in the mainstream, available in Paypal and EBay -- and the price will jump.

China: Once the Chinese get on board in large numbers -- the price will be unstoppable.

So yes -- gradual increase will definitely happen; and sudden increases by these other three factors will also happen in my view -- although they can't be predicted when.

So... hoarding is not a bad thing. That's what we're all doing here anyway.

1CkV1H1CA67CjpG5QMxEgVU9tNto51DBHd
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:48:14 PM

Is this a post just to increase activity?

Please post in the speculation forum.

justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:20:18 AM

In recent history it is an excellent time to buy Bitcoins. If I have the money I will buy 5 Bitcoins when it dips down like this ($97) today. I would buy 50 Bitcoins and then sell them when it reaches $130 for a 30% profit. But it could drop to $40 instead and I wouldn't have any money left to buy more at a lower price.

Depends on what you want to do.     
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:42:19 AM

It's always a good time to buy. You should get as many as you can before the price skyrockets.

zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:20:09 AM

It's always a good time to buy. You should get as many as you can before the price skyrockets.

Unless of course the price is about to plummet, then it is not a good time to buy.
Agricola

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:23:39 AM

Unless of course the price is about to plummet, then it is not a good time to buy.

haha!
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:45:17 AM

China: Once the Chinese get on board in large numbers -- the price will be unstoppable.

I don't understand why people think this. The average hourly wage in China is about $2 an hour. How will they ever manage to find any money to buy bitcoins when one bitcoin is 50 hours of work?
Agricola

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:53:30 AM

I don't understand why people think this. The average hourly wage in China is about $2 an hour. How will they ever manage to find any money to buy bitcoins when one bitcoin is 50 hours of work?

While the average wage might only be $2, China commands a population of 1.3 billion people. That's an astounding number and def. commands significant buying power.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 02:54:06 AM

Since when does price matter regarding bitcoin's utility? Other than a high price attracting more investment/innovation
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:00:57 AM

Since when does price matter regarding bitcoin's utility? Other than a high price attracting more investment/innovation
Higher market depth comes more easily with a higher price, and greater depth opens up Bitcoin for entirely new use cases.

If there was enough depth on the exchanges to buy multiple $10s of millions without affecting the price very much then international shipping companies could use Bitcoin to settle payments instead of letters of credit.

Basically each order of magnitude increase in price opens up new opportunities where Bitcoin usage becomes a viable option where previously it was not viable.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 03:08:25 AM

Higher market depth comes more easily with a higher price, and greater depth opens up Bitcoin for entirely new use cases.

If there was enough depth on the exchanges to buy multiple $10s of millions without affecting the price very much then international shipping companies could use Bitcoin to settle payments instead of letters of credit.

Basically each order of magnitude increase in price opens up new opportunities where Bitcoin usage becomes a viable option where previously it was not viable.

Exactly. And for the guys making $2/hr, this will just be all the more relevant.
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:09:33 AM

While the average wage might only be $2, China commands a population of 1.3 billion people. That's an astounding number and def. commands significant buying power.

When the choice is between bitcoin or food for your family, the vast majority of those 1.3 billion people are probably going to choose the food.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:10:46 AM

Exactly. And for the guys making $2/hr, this will just be all the more relevant.
All those guys who work for $2/hr are probably working to fill those container ships. We should be thinking about how to pitch Bitcoin to their bosses.
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:16:36 AM

Chinese like gold and silver and diamond, those they can touch and feel.
Me, like bitcoin, but I have no much money to love them.

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:19:42 AM

Maybe.
torbank

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:28:40 AM

China has over a million millionaires.
torbank

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:29:13 AM

And I hear they have a number of billionaires.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: