Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:57:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for crypto investment: CryptoApps Project for Android  (Read 211 times)
dominicjan (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:54:35 PM

I am a computer game developer. I fell in love with crypto. But traditional investors >DON'T GET IT< so I more or less have to look for founding from crypto people.

WHAT I WANT TO DO?

I want to create a crypto game service on android. Kind of like "Google Play” but only for Crypto. WHY not just use existing services and put crypto in your games there? Well there is no problem with inserting crypto payments into games you publish on Google. But Google may not like it and can take the game down. Furthermore what if you want to implement voluntary crypto mining in a game - that creates another potential app takedown risk.

But what if you would have an app store that monetizes just off crypto - by crypto payments and by implementation of mobile device crypto mining? How would crypto mining work? Once you use our store/service you can voluntarily agree for your device to be used as a crypto miner. What does it mean? Well Once you AGREE, and plug in your device to charge, and you are not using the device - for example when you go to sleep at night, the mining turns on. The imprint on the users experience is minimized. The amount of mega hashes is being converted into special in service currency (not crypto currency – but we could maybe talk about it as well) for example crypto diamonds. And then you can exchange those into any other ingame currency in any game you have downloaded from the service. Why is this cool? Most people who download apps don't pay for play. people don't like ads - and you enable people to not play for play and not watch ads and at the same time you give developers a reward by monetizing the hashing power users generate.

Implementation of this service all across the world yould be much easier that if the monetization happened with ads. When monetizing with ads you need to worry about fill rates and whether ads in your app are OK with the law in your region and providers and if they target the right demographic (there is a problem with adult ads being show to children for example), but with hashing power utilization and crypto payments it all scales with less hustle.

So services monetizing hashing power of unknowing users already exist and the company that does this pays 10.000$ per 1 M daily active users to the developer (so you can clearly make money by utilizing mobile hashing power). But our service would be tottaly voluntary (no scamming, no cheating). I currently live in Poland - you can get talent on the cheap here. This is a project that would require a medium sized team and would take a year to get a prototype and then roughly 2 more years (at the absolute worst) to get adoption up to the point to get a return on the investment. Please let me know if you like the idea or have comments.

You can get me at: dom at rympow dot com.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: