Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:52:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold SCAM  (Read 3202 times)
BTCJUSTICE1 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:01:34 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 04:18:32 PM by BTCJUSTICE1

For the last few days last week all hopes that bitcoin gold is effort to decentralize bitcoin turn out that people behind this project are all part of highly organized global crime, please anyone who happen to be in locality with this criminal press charges against all this criminal

1.   BTG SCAM post from admin btcpop.co exchanger
casimir1904: 2017-11-14 01:58:16 [ADMIN]
I'll stop the BTG node and not execute it anymore till is sure there is nothing hidden in that as well.
Profile Picture casimir1904: 2017-11-14 02:01:20 [ADMIN]
8000 blocks premined, then released wallet what wasn't able to connect to any peers when mining for their own pool was running, and its very slow syncing still...
Profile Picture casimir1904: 2017-11-14 02:01:29 [ADMIN]
Probably premined more than 15-16k blocks now...
Profile Picture casimir1904: 2017-11-14 02:23:44 [ADMIN]
I'll probably setup a seperated server for scam gold. Not trusting them at all...

2.   1 million worth of BTC were stolen due to mybtgwallet.com phishing http://bitcoinwhoswho.com/blog/2017/11/16/million-dollar-mybtgwallet-scam/ this people can easily compensate those who lost their BTC due to the phishing but they proved to be criminal attacking bitcoin in global scale

3.   just visit their website there is nothing there to to remind people that there is phishing site now running online collecting seed word and private key, how is that someone as h4x3rotab a lead developer that proved planting malicious code in his software be trusted

exchanger and miners please drop support for BTG and annouce it on your website
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:09:02 PM

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/btg/post/p_269362

With CERTAINTY its a SCAM, its been researched since August 2017, all the players are scammers, the owners of all the associated websites BTG, BTGCPU, BITCOIN-COIN, are all part of organized ICO-SCAM ring.

The scammers who orchestrate this scam, aren't even writing the code, they're paying 'bounty' of shitcoin to people who write the code as needed, in effect that scammers didn't even have the resources in house to do a BTC CLONE, pathetic when you think how these people are giving professional scammers a bad name.

Fact is nobody would go work for a pump&dump scam operation, not being a real job, thus they just create websites and try to hustle people to work for free.

No way in hell this thing will be operational in 31 hours, right now target is 12NOV@1900UTC

Even if they release so called 'working code' it will take 4 days on average to download the blockchain, as you can't use the bitcoin --datadir=, or copy an existing, you must download and -bootstrap, because this bitch convert existing blockchain from 1mb to 2mb,

In effect even IF there is code it will take days for the POOLS to download and get the blockchain functional, people have been now -testnet mining on POOL.GOLD for 3 weeks, now -testnet mining on btg.suprnova.cc for days, reporting 800K Million sols/sec, which is BULLSHIT, most likely 800k sols/sec, but its all indicative of the fact that NOBODY cares that nothing works.

Solo miners too, once the main-net code is released must download the working block-chain ( convert ) and get it up before they can mine,

I suspect that internally at btcGPU ( bulgaria ) they must have already at the very least have a working block-chain ( its actually easy to enable main-net in the code ), its easy to get the seed-nodes,

But it might be 4-5 days after 12NOV before "REAL MINING" begins, if at all, I doubt code will be released, if its released it will be full of bugs and non-functional, and the team github.com/btcgpu, will fall back into excuse mode and blame DOS for their incompetence, as they have done all along for 2+ months.

boo50

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

lux8.net

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:18:30 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 02:50:24 PM by boo50

This is the best topic so far.
I've also a great experience with BTG, which I've reported already, but I'll repeat it here

"It was really funny, thanks for everyone who was with us and still support our work with your miners.
From the beginning only our pool and suprnova were in "correct" chain, almost all other pools, inc. official one pool.gold were in a wrong one.
We help devs and all other pools connected to main chain and race begun.

After that we found a hidden commission on the btg pool code
https://github.com/StarbuckBG/node-stratum-pool/pull/1
https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/issues/180

For sure we remove it and inform community is slack and twitter, and inform other pools to check their code.
https://twitter.com/NibiruPool/status/930058290117120000

After that devs was ready to kill us, even Jack Liao joined slack and said what my news are fake, but you can easily check the source code on github, one guy even said what we hacked btg blockchain and make a split.

p.s. pool.gold still takes 0.5% hidden commission, besides the main 1% stated on the pool
for example one block from pool.gold
http://btgexp.com/tx/aab13431bd48461e55c1a5acf7bd3d432a05ad7624d00a70360e019a1f6c3e6c
(ATM they removed all that fees, but I announce this two times in twitter and dozen times in slack before they did it).

Thanks for everyone who was with us and who continue to support us."

fxstrike

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:55:26 PM

They deliberately posted wallet link on this official website which is phishing page, how is that not scam

fxbit

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:07:18 PM

You should show more info in order to demonstrate that why Bitcoin Gold is a scam one. You have gave us some info about what you thought, but more detailed information is neccessary before you try judging someone. Anyway, thanks for the post.

They already mined 8000 of this scam coin and take fees hardcoded into the mining software they distributing and also put phishing website right at frontpage of their official webpage, how is that not scam

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
1MGod1NYS3J8GULqdV67WCdiHVHa3Jts7N
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:13:01 PM

Oh my goodness, I am horrified at this. I am really sorry for your loss. I am really hoping there is someone/people who can assist so you get some justice. I have seen many warning posts, but this one has evidence. I hope people will be careful. People are going to lose loads of money with this scamcoin. This is certainly a scam. Is it true Adam Beck of Blockstream is endorsing this scam coin?
the-doctor

Activity: 542
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:24:12 PM

Sadly this community is full of scammers lurking arround. People should be extra cautious and sometimes even that is not enogu

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
chey

Activity: 367

I'm a miner not a minor.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 03:25:52 PM

There is a lot of info flying around in this thread and it seems to have just got started so let me leave something here that may be helpful to others popping in this thread.

Be smart. Think first.

• Don't post your private key to an unfamiliar website (you shouldn't really do it at all but there are some cases)
  • If you want to recover your BTG: First move your BTC wallet funds to a new address where you hold the private key, wait for at least 5 confirmations, then use the original private key to recover your BTG. The worse thing that could happen is you loose your BTG. Your BTC will be safe.

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Transfercoin
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██
chey

Activity: 367

I'm a miner not a minor.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 03:47:43 PM

There is a lot of info flying around in this thread and it seems to have just got started so let me leave something here that may be helpful to others popping in this thread.

Be smart. Think first.

• Don't post your private key to an unfamiliar website (you shouldn't really do it at all but there are some cases)
  • If you want to recover your BTG: First move your BTC wallet funds to a new address where you hold the private key, wait for at least 5 confirmations, then use the original private key to recover your BTG. The worse thing that could happen is you loose your BTG. Your BTC will be safe.
thanks for the recommendation which is very useful for me. Is Bitcoin Gold a scam coin? I dont think so. What do you think?

I don't know to be honest with ya. If it is a scam the evidence will be out there. You just have to go look for it. I haven't looked at any of the evidence myself. I'll hold my BTG and wait it all out as I don't have time to be a detective.

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
Transfercoin
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██
fxbit

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:00:30 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 05:17:33 PM by fxbit

Be smart. Think first.

thanks for the recommendation which is very useful for me. Is Bitcoin Gold a scam coin? I dont think so. What do you think?

How do you justify developer as honest that deliberately posted phishing wallet site link on their official website and offer miner software that secretly taking mining fee from unsuspecting miner running their software that is official released software miner and wallet, how much more evidence do you want to justify their involvement in this global attack on bitcoin, considering the staggering amount of money involved in this scam and going forward they can simply dump 8000 blocks of their btg and leave the development thats lot of risk to everyone

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
1MGod1NYS3J8GULqdV67WCdiHVHa3Jts7N
fxstrike

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:18:31 PM

BTG itself is run by an infamous scammer: Xiang Liao, who is called 'Shit Liao' in China.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrencies/comments/7db42c/httpsmybtgwalletcom_seems_to_be_scam/

fxstrike

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:12:27 PM

Coindesk piece about bitcoin gold scamming the public off 3.3 nillion, more will be scammed if the development team still run the network, they can easily send out another scam wallet and then taken more btg and btc and possibly alt coin, please be more cautions trading and using btg

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-gold-wallet-scam-nets-3-million-illicit-earnings/

good_sunday_morning

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:06:52 AM

Another day another fork, sometimes they become worth something for a moment, sometimes they don't.
milugau

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:23:33 AM

Coindesk piece about bitcoin gold scamming the public off 3.3 nillion, more will be scammed if the development team still run the network, they can easily send out another scam wallet and then taken more btg and btc and possibly alt coin, please be more cautions trading and using btg

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-gold-wallet-scam-nets-3-million-illicit-earnings/
Thanks for the article. There are lots of scam one around the crypto-sphere. As a result of this, we all should be very careful before investing in any project. I will spend minutes to check whether the one is a scam on or not. Thank you again.
caytienbct

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

My dream is to be a self-made billionaire

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:46:59 AM

Via all of statistics I have collected from biggest exchanges and assumptions about the amount of BTC in free holder, by which I mean they keep BTC in cold wallets, etc. There are likely 240.000 BTG in total. And, of course, you can check this number by yourself. It looks like that developers of the project has sold all of their BTG. That's very hilarious, weird, and of course, bloody drama I ever seen.
richan

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:06:24 PM

Why do I have to concern myself with so called forking which seems as mirage. Bitcoin is king and if you are a serious investor focus on only bitcoins or ICO which look promising.
freshprinceofbelair

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:07:55 AM

there are many good people here who know more than us newbies. please someone make a new thread to inform people of these scammers. i myself lost a hefty amount to btc red and zeecash and zee cash gold.
fxstrike

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:32:27 AM

I'm now just surprised if something is not called scam, such a FUD word for anything these days.... I have no opinion on BTC Gold... I don't care about it.

This is not FUD, people lose money this is a real scam operation, and bitcoin gold dev seem to be part of it or due to their lack of security measure allow this thing to happen, people lose their life saving, one person almost half million

entropy0

Activity: 412
Merit: 100

Que sera sera

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:47:53 AM

some info on this? official site providing bugged software? coin price has no change though, for a scam?

Grow your Discord community with panda-bot! https://pandabot.fatpanda.club
fxstrike

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:59:44 AM

some info on this? official site providing bugged software? coin price has no change though, for a scam?

Coindesk reported about this scam on their piece here https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-gold-wallet-scam-nets-3-million-illicit-earnings/

Victim are gathering now and start to take action against btg team http://stolenbtc.org

it is irresponsible for the btg team to not make any compensation to those who affected, what they planning right now is give some amount of donation to those affected, that is not right

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: