Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:22:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold SCAM  (Read 3202 times)
octoGPU

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:55:16 AM

What a F stupid thread... Do your research first, idiot.
cryptopuma

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:57:34 AM

All BitcoinXXX coins are all shit coins,the btc developers wants to replace the existing alts with their stupid BTCxxx coins.

AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:59:14 AM

Thats not Scam. Unfortunately, you got phising which collecting all your info's about seed and account access.
This kind of stolen technique has been spread and reported by many member here along this year. You should be careful next time.

Via all of statistics I have collected from biggest exchanges and assumptions about the amount of BTC in free holder, by which I mean they keep BTC in cold wallets, etc. There are likely 240.000 BTG in total. And, of course, you can check this number by yourself. It looks like that developers of the project has sold all of their BTG. That's very hilarious, weird, and of course, bloody drama I ever seen.
We can't be sure that 240.000 BitcoinGold was correct info's, since there is lack of data exposed about.
delitte

Activity: 168

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:59:42 AM

I cannot argue more about why Bitcoin Gold is a good hard fork coin because I never believe that they're a big joke or a fake coin or a scam.
I believe Bitcoin Gold has a good future and so as Bitcoin Cash.
Bitcoin Cash was pumped last late October this year and look at it now, the price is stable and even moving to the right upper of the graph.
So, just in case if they manipulate or pump Bitcoin Gold like what happened in Bitcoin Cash then that's a good thing.

delitte

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:04:35 PM

All BitcoinXXX coins are all shit coins,the btc developers wants to replace the existing alts with their stupid BTCxxx coins.

Hard forks are created to amend the current settings and features into the better one.
Hard forks are good coins too. Whether they're pumped or dumped it depends on investors if they're still supporting or not, why we care? Why you're affected? They're making unlimited hard forks while you have nothing to loose then what would be the problem with that?

delitte

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:11:34 PM

Thats not Scam. Unfortunately, you got phising which collecting all your info's about seed and account access.
This kind of stolen technique has been spread and reported by many member here along this year. You should be careful next time.

Via all of statistics I have collected from biggest exchanges and assumptions about the amount of BTC in free holder, by which I mean they keep BTC in cold wallets, etc. There are likely 240.000 BTG in total. And, of course, you can check this number by yourself. It looks like that developers of the project has sold all of their BTG. That's very hilarious, weird, and of course, bloody drama I ever seen.
We can't be sure that 240.000 BitcoinGold was correct info's, since there is lack of data exposed about.

Before the fork developers were publish their fork information to public so people will catch up their new project and trying to get people attention to invite them to support their project after the fork. And this time I don't see any scam happening and I believe they are transparent.
People who argue they're scam are just denials.

nickhill

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:52:00 PM

As I understand it, someone presented themselves to the BTG community as john_dass. He had a link to his web site where he invited users to paste their private keys for their wallets to split their BTG and BTC. That was the scam.

Some users with significant amounts of BTC on their wallets pasted their private keys on dass' web site. Dass ran off with the contents of the wallets.

As I understand it, BTG team when informed, pulled links to the site and posted warnings.

On a separate occasion, an unknown person changed a binary on Github . I understand that it is currently unknown what that change is, or whether there is some scam involved. The BTG team responded immediately. They have run a prominent warning since then on the web site informing users, with advice on how to proceed safely.

The BTG team have been a target of these two attacks. One of these attacks was a scam and is known to have led to some people's funds being lost. The other, no funds are known to have been lost.

It is up to the reader to decide whether the BTG developers have taken sufficient care in the past, and whether they have since demonstrated that they do care and are actively working to protect users. It is also up to the reader to decide how much responsibility the BTG developers have for that initial scam. I'm sure most readers understand that it would be very unsafe to paste private keys to any web site, especially one of little repute, especially wallets loaded with Bitcoin, and especially when leaving Bitcoin on the wallet wasn't even necessary.

To call Bitcoin Gold a scam in it's entirety because they had been targeted hardly seems fair, accurate or balanced. In fact, to target such allegations towards the team appears to be slanderous and libellous.

Bitcoin Gold is clearly not a scam. It is a fully functional network, incorporating the largest exchanges in crypto, with the biggest names supporting the currency. The source code is freely available on Github, and can be compiled and binaries verified to be bit-perfect.

nickhill

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:58:25 PM

Regarding talk of premine scamming, the white paper can be read here:
https://btcgpu.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/BitcoinGold-Roadmap.pdf

This gives full details.
If there is any good evidence to suggest the roadmap isn't being followed, I'd love to read it. otherwise it is just FUD.
CoinKarma

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 01:56:05 PM

It's sad that people pray on others like that.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:02:27 PM

Do decentralize network again. lol 
For decentralizing network all miners must have full blockchain on their computers ~ 150gb
What you think how many peoples do that? all using alternative wallets like electrum

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
nickhill

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:09:12 PM

It's sad that people pray on others like that.
Indeed it is. But we must be careful not to blame the wrong person. Otherwise you end up preying on an innocent person. Two wrongs don't make a right.
nickhill

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:17:05 PM

Do decentralize network again. lol 
For decentralizing network all miners must have full blockchain on their computers ~ 150gb
What you think how many peoples do that? all using alternative wallets like electrum
330+ full nodes of 150gb as of writing. http://status.bitcoingold.org/
sandz1909

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:24:21 PM

You should show more info in order to demonstrate that why Bitcoin Gold is a scam one. You have gave us some info about what you thought, but more detailed information is neccessary before you try judging someone. Anyway, thanks for the post.

hmmmm i agree sir..i can see bitcoin gold continously growing in the market and i dont seen enough proof to.conclude this is a scam..hopefully not coz i olan to hodl some of it...googluck to us:)
aliba

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:32:43 PM

I think bitcoin gold is not a scam because I myself see the price of bitcoin gold is good and the movement of coin is also good.
nickhill

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:05:49 PM

I think bitcoin gold is not a scam because I myself see the price of bitcoin gold is good and the movement of coin is also good.

Alt coins such as Zencash shot up by about 36% at the fork block for Bitcoin Gold on 24th October. People were holding out of alt coins waiting for the fork block then got back in. This suggests the coin has excellent market awareness, and at the time would reasonably have been expected to be trading now at 0.16BTC.

Current trading is at about 0.022BTC. A small fraction of the at-fork estimated price.

The worry about BTG possibly being a scam, which we now know is completely false, weighed heavily on the price. As the general investors get to hear the truth of the matter, people will begin to be much more comfortable with holding Bitcoin Gold.

I think the coin will recover from this to reach it's at-fork estimated value.
d_x

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:36:17 PM

so a new account makes 1 post claiming something is a scam?  obviously the scam is the post about the scam. the fud and crap in here is unbelievable. very fake and manipulated.

everything I say is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. definitely not sound financial advice.
BTCJUSTICE1 (OP)

Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:17:29 AM

so a new account makes 1 post claiming something is a scam?  obviously the scam is the post about the scam. the fud and crap in here is unbelievable. very fake and manipulated.
What would be the incentive to post such accusation, the only motivation to do this is to help others not to fall into their trap.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: