Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 03:14:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Faint Burning Smell  (Read 419 times)
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:05:57 PM

Riser swap will happen tonight for sure. I just don’t have the space to mount them further apart yet.  Changing my whole setup after the holidays. Just trying to find the right stand to use.
With 4 GPUs you don't even have to have any frame. I mean, as I'm typing this, I've got a test rig running a few meters away from me, which does have 4 cards attached to it. Just a motherboard on the floor with 4 cards standing on some old books. Cheesy With old ribbon risers the main limitation used to be the riser's length, and you had to make some support for the cards since they couldn't stand vertically by themselves, but with modern usb risers you can put the cards quite far away from each other even without building a frame. I do eventually put the rigs on aluminum frames, but before they're fully stocked they run without frames just fine. Come to think of it, I've still got one Polaris rig running without a frame, and that one has 2 PSUs and 8 GPUs. And they're all still further apart from each other than your 2 cards on the pictures above. Grin
flip4flop (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:16:15 PM

All are powered via 6 pin from the PSU.

Two pics of rig and riser where 1070ti was connected

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZQbrW

i hope for your sake and the risers that you arent running them with that thin fucking insulation bolted on to the hdd cage. that is an electrical short waiting to happen.

They are on standoff’s
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:27:39 PM

All are powered via 6 pin from the PSU.

Two pics of rig and riser where 1070ti was connected

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZQbrW

i hope for your sake and the risers that you arent running them with that thin fucking insulation bolted on to the hdd cage. that is an electrical short waiting to happen.

They are on standoff’s

Okay but its still not safe how youre running your cards. without proper support.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: