Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:28:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MasterCoin [MST] Sync problems fixed, updated 9 Sept 2013  (Read 51184 times)
MstCoin (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:03:36 AM

So what you've done is you've made a coin that has everything needed to make the developers rich when they dump every coin in a few weeks time?
Good job!

/e; I shouldn't say "Developers", because copy&pasting is hardly developing.

The premine is tiny. Would never make me "rich". Unless ofcourse, it surpassed litecoin or Bitcoin, but, in that case, I deserve a little profit.
I'm giving most of my premine away, over time.

Very few coins, are written from scratch. I took something existing, and made it better. Not uncommon for to use already existing source code, to make something else. That's why source code exists, and that's the deffenition of open source. I'm sorry you don't like my coin.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:07:01 AM

One question : WHY this coin ? What does it add ?

It's a fast coin. 35 seconds, long enough to eliminate orphans/stales, but still fast enough to provide quick transactions.
It has a smaller block reward, to prevent saturation of the market, allowing it to hold value well, but not so small, as to require insanely small transactions, to the 6th decimal place.
It has an active, dedicated Dev. I'm here to answer all questions, and help anyway I can. This is created for the love of Crypto Currency. I'm not looking to get rich, just learn and have fun with it. I am not a programmer, so, the creation of this coin, has been a fun learning experience, and I just wanted to share my creation. Smiley

If you weren't "looking to get rich," you wouldn't have a 108k premine while giving away less than 4k in bounties.

If you were an actual developer, you'd have developed something. Changing some numbers doesn't make you a "dev".

If you really loved cryptocurrecy, you'd be mining one that isn't a shitcoin and helping to secure its network [instead of releasing shitcoins].

+if you were a real dev, you would be posting with your account, instead of creating a dedicated one.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
temor

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:07:48 AM

So what you've done is you've made a coin that has everything needed to make the developers rich when they dump every coin in a few weeks time?
Good job!

The premine is tiny. Would never make me "rich". Unless ofcourse, it surpassed litecoin or Bitcoin, but, in that case, I deserve a little profit.

Very few coins, are written from scratch. I took something existing, and made it better. Not uncommon for to use already existing source code, to make something else. That's why source code exists, and that's the deffenition of open source. I'm sorry you don't like my coin.

Define " better ".
What you've done is changed some numbers. You probably don't even truly know what they do, just that they do something and that something will generate free money for you if people are dumb enough to mine your shitcoin.

Also, you're right that not many coins are written from scratch. I'd say < 0.5%. However, the coins that actually made it anywhere isn't pure copy&paste. They are actually contributing with something new, your coin is not.

Just stop this madness...

Please make a post in my Reputation Thread if we've had a successful trade.
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:48:15 AM

Good job!

Define " better ".
What you've done is changed some numbers. You probably don't even truly know what they do, just that they do something and that something will generate free money for you if people are dumb enough to mine your shitcoin.

Also, you're right that not many coins are written from scratch. I'd say < 0.5%. However, the coins that actually made it anywhere isn't pure copy&paste. They are actually contributing with something new, your coin is not.

Don't be an asshole. I actually looked at the code. Yes he started with the foocoin source code. sure he probably followed the guide for the most part. But he did go deeper, and change some more complicated features, such as diff adjust and the reward ramping. Is it copy paste for the most part, yep. Did takes as much work as starting from scratch? nope. Did he still spend probably at least 2 weeks of his spare time, researching, compiling and testing? probably. At least it has a working windows client, and he only premined a very small fraction.
I'm not defending this shitty coin, but the guy generally seemed like he made this coin as a learning experience. This could just be a test coin. maybe something better is in the works.

stevenlam

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 11:49:46 AM

Good job!

Define " better ".

Don't be an asshole. I actually looked at the code. Yes he started with the foocoin source code. sure he probably followed the guide for the most part. But he did go deeper, and change some more complicated features, such as diff adjust and the reward ramping. Is it copy paste for the most part, yep. Did takes as much work as starting from scratch? nope. Did he still spend probably at least 2 weeks of his spare time, researching, compiling and testing? probably. At least it has a working windows client, and he only premined a very small fraction.

+1

dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 03:20:03 PM

I saw "MasterCoin" and got all excited because I thought maybe somebody had finally implemented my whitepaper.

Oh well. Good luck with this.

temor

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:51:15 PM

Good job!

Define " better ".

I'm not defending this shitty coin, but the guy generally seemed like he made this coin as a learning experience. This could just be a test coin. maybe something better is in the works.

My point is still valid. Changing the difficulty isn't really contributing with something new.
I'm all for creating alt-coins for learning purposes. I have done so myself, for learning purposes. With emphasis on learning purposes.

Pushing a half-assed coin to the public is done for no other reason than trying to make money off of people wanting to be " early adopters " on the " next big thing ". It won't happen. It will only end in a few early adopters, and the creator, dumping their massive premine ( even though it's not premine, it's pretty much a premine if you're the first one to start mining it ) for a great profit, and a few morons losing actually valuable coins in the process.
It's a well known process to most on here by now, seeing as it's happening every day.

I will continue being an asshole if it prevents people from posting shitcoins on here, for the betterment of the entire community.

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:10:15 PM

My point is still valid. Changing the difficulty isn't really contributing with something new.
I'm all for creating alt-coins for learning purposes. I have done so myself, for learning purposes. With emphasis on learning purposes.

Pushing a half-assed coin to the public is done for no other reason than trying to make money off of people wanting to be " early adopters " on the " next big thing ". It won't happen. It will only end in a few early adopters, and the creator, dumping their massive premine ( even though it's not premine, it's pretty much a premine if you're the first one to start mining it ) for a great profit, and a few morons losing actually valuable coins in the process.
It's a well known process to most on here by now, seeing as it's happening every day.

I will continue being an asshole if it prevents people from posting shitcoins on here, for the betterment of the entire community.

Well said, I totally agree.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
MstCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:26:14 PM

Updated with new logo Smiley
temor

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:55:06 PM

... Really?...

MstCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:56:39 PM

... Really?...

Huh
temor

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:59:07 PM

You didn't think the Code was Copy&Paste enough, so you went ahead and Copy&Pasted the logo off Google?..

I don't think MasterCard would be too happy with you using their logo like this Smiley ( or well, half of it anyway )

MstCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:00:33 AM

You didn't think the Code was Copy&Paste enough, so you went ahead and Copy&Pasted the logo off Google?..

I don't think MasterCard would be too happy with you using their logo like this Smiley ( or well, half of it anyway )

I didn't copy and paste it, I offered a bounty for a logo, someone submitted it, I liked it, I paid out the bounty for it. If MasterCard wants to sue me, they are welcome too Wink
loucy

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:22:44 AM

If MasterCard wants to sue me, they are welcome too Wink

Erm... you really don't want to be taken seriously, do you?
You do realize that everyone installing your software will be violating MasterCard's copyright?
Why should anyone use your coin if that means *they* risk being sued by MasterCard?
MstCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:00:05 AM

You do realize that everyone installing your software will be violating MasterCard's copyright?
Why should anyone use your coin if that means *they* risk being sued by MasterCard?

That's not true at all. First of all, their logo is nowhere within the Mastercoin client. It's not even their logo at all, it's a orange circle, with the word Master in it. Secondly, it's only half of their logo. Pretty sure MasterCard does not own the word "master" Roll Eyes
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:05:53 AM

That's not true at all. First of all, their logo is nowhere within the Mastercoin client. It's not even their logo at all, it's a orange circle, with the word Master in it. Secondly, it's only half of their logo. Pretty sure MasterCard does not own the word "master" Roll Eyes

Why don't you make your own unique logo instead of cutting Mastercards in half? This is either plain strange or just lazy.
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:39:12 AM

Why don't you make your own unique logo instead of cutting Mastercards in half? This is either plain strange or just lazy.

FFS, he didn't make the logo. He offered a bounty for a logo, someone submitted it, and he paid the bounty for it. Not everyone is a graphic designer Roll Eyes

MstCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:13:54 AM

Updated main post, with first MasterCoin's first free contest Smiley
loucy

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:53:31 AM

Secondly, it's only half of their logo.
So you admit *that*. Do you think you'd get away with a CocaCoin with the word "Coca" in white on a red background?
Your problem is that the mere possibility of a copyright lawsuit will drive users away from your coin.
MstCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:57:37 AM

Secondly, it's only half of their logo.
So you admit *that*. Do you think you'd get away with a CocaCoin with the word "Coca" in white on a red background?
Your problem is that the mere possibility of a copyright lawsuit will drive users away from your coin.

Yes, I think I could. Copyrights and patents are very specific. Relax guy Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: