Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon stable @ 98,986Mhash/sec  (Read 12739 times)
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:11:37 AM

was wondering how long it'd take people to notice ( and more importantly share the constant that we've released on github.)

the number you are all aiming for is 450 Tongue of course, that's not really possible on just air cooling.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:18:04 AM

was wondering how long it'd take people to notice ( and more importantly share the constant that we've released on github.)

the number you are all aiming for is 450 Tongue of course, that's not really possible on just air cooling.

You mean is possible to hit 450gh/s no kidding? not possible just on air cooling, you need heat sink plus
liquid cooling?
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:49:57 AM

Do you think that the batch 1 design power distribution can manage the increased power draw at those speeds?
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:58:09 AM

Wow, somebody needs to start selling custom Avalon water blocks ASAP Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:59:39 AM

Wow, somebody needs to start selling custom Avalon water blocks ASAP Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Am in the process of making one when my unit arrives and ill be selling them to people but a fair bit of that still waiting on batch #2

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:23:53 AM

As I recall, I remember telling you to try 90+ gh/s this morning.   Grin

Congrats man.  And yes I believe 100 to 120Ghash/sec is attainable.   Just make sure your A/C does not auto shutoff because it sense's your  "Room" hits X ammount of degrees target.

Mine did.

:/

All is well.
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:27:19 AM

What is the chip capable of 350 Mh/s or more?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:30:02 AM

You mean is possible to hit 450gh/s no kidding? not possible just on air cooling, you need heat sink plus
liquid cooling?

He probably means 450 MHz / chip

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
greaterninja

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:33:51 AM

My quick math (could be wrong) estimates the Avalon should be able to hit 105-115 Gigahash/second at ~450mhz clock.
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:07:34 AM

originally at 282mh/s  overclock to 450mh/s is 62.6% increase?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:11:05 AM

I've got a feeling we're going to see some interesting K16 cooling solutions being created to get more than 4.5GHs out of each unit...
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:35:51 AM

I've got a feeling we're going to see some interesting K16 cooling solutions being created to get more than 4.5GHs out of each unit...

Psst... ask Zefir... he has a design I believe that will be shared open source for a water block. Given that the Avalon seems to be right as rain with some great numbers should be great for Klondikes.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
O_Shovah

Activity: 410
Merit: 252

Watercooling the world of mining

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:58:22 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2013, 07:27:19 AM by O_Shovah

I have once created a cooling block design for the Avalon miner.
Sadly i never got my hands on a Avalon in time.
So if anybody would be interested, tell me.

Psst... ask Zefir... he has a design I believe that will be shared open source for a water block. Given that the Avalon seems to be right as rain with some great numbers should be great for Klondikes.
I will create a waterblock for zefir as well soon.
Might help to boost the chips performance.

Has anybody got to know yet how the 300 Mhz boundary limits of the Avalon work and how to trick it ?

Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:20:06 AM

I have once created a cooling block design for the Avalon miner.
Sadly i never got my hands on a Avalon in time.
So if anybody would be interested, tell me.

I'm sure there will be lots of interest. I just e-mailed the plans for a water block posted here to a machinist I know to see if he can build them locally but I would pay good money if there are any other options out there.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:21:01 AM

What I find bizarre is that Avalon chips are able to hit 450Mhz with liquid cooling on plastic packaging.

What then would these chips hit in terms of clock if they were packaged like BFL's?

I can't help but wonder...

And gen 2....will be....worth watching....
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 07:44:07 AM

Have anyone tried to completely submerge Avalon into mineral oil? That works very well for desktop computers.

Fluid would be too viscous for the fanz...Wink

I've got a system that's submerged in mineral oil (quad E5-4650).  Transformer oil to be specific (lower viscosity, higher flash temps, mostly synthetic, no PBAs).   Fans don't really care, although that's not the primary circulation method (pump).

might try putting my upcoming BFL units in mineral oil too.
 Cool

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 07:46:52 AM

You are a clever, clever man.

What is the limit when we approach these speeds, the chips, the boards, the power delivery (ignore PSU) or the cooling?

DickyWong

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:39:32 PM

Have anyone tried to completely submerge Avalon into mineral oil? That works very well for desktop computers.

Cyanide idea
applejack7

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:54:48 PM

How did you overclock it in the first place?
Thanks,...
PaperClip

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:02:05 PM

Fluid would be too viscous for the fanz...Wink

I've got a system that's submerged in mineral oil (quad E5-4650).  Transformer oil to be specific (lower viscosity, higher flash temps, mostly synthetic, no PBAs).   Fans don't really care, although that's not the primary circulation method (pump).
Good idea, transformer oil must be better for sure. I want to setup some cooling solution for miner while its not delivered yet. Do you use some sort of a radiator to cool the oil itself? I would not be comfortable with tank full of overheated oil in my room Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: