Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:50:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Debit Cards Prohibited  (Read 926 times)
Ehrad (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:56:24 PM

Hi,

Recently, VISA and Mastercard blocked transactions for bitcoin debit cards outside EU, and I really need to find a card that supports it outside Europe.

I've heard about Bitplastic, but it seems to be offline right now.

Any options/suggestions would be much appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymouskey

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:05:26 PM

Cryptopay.me,  Personal  worldwide good
wagecan.com, Personal  worldwide  Very good
Ico.blockchainoid.com business and whitelabel  all countries ,No usa and afganistan  Untested
Ehrad (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:13:59 PM

Cryptopay.me,  Personal  worldwide good
wagecan.com, Personal  worldwide  Very good
Ico.blockchainoid.com business and whitelabel  all countries ,No usa and afganistan  Untested

Thanks, valuable info.
I'm trying to contact Wagecan right now and figure it out if they were prohibited, too.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 09:21:22 PM

If you want to have a good customer service then better to start using the wirex debit card, it is a good one, maybe you will have some issues at the moment that you decide to load your card, but in the end, it is always going to be solved because the support is always on this forum and they have an active ann thread (so they will always be checking the bitcointalk users ticket's as a priority)
Bitwala is a good card too, but it will take more than 20 days to be shipped to your door if you are outside Europe, and it is difficult to get it if you dont buy a premium shipping.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:34:21 PM

The future of credit/debit cards of cryptos will come from the cryptos itself. We can't expect VISA and MASTERCARD to fully support bitcoin and other cryptocoins. I am willing to use some card as a payment method to use my bitcoins in all over the world without this bureaucracy called "fees and prohibitions".
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:43:24 PM

I can't say I've tried this or that I'm endorsing this. To give people yet another option: converting to usd/paypal & using paypals debit card could be cheaper and more affordable than either crypto debit cards or bitcoin atm's. Both of which seem to utilize massive price mark ups as standard fare.

Services which convert crypto to physical gift cards may be yet another method.
BureauChef

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:46:27 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 02:05:09 AM by BureauChef

The future of credit/debit cards of cryptos will come from the cryptos itself. We can't expect VISA and MASTERCARD to fully support bitcoin and other cryptocoins. I am willing to use some card as a payment method to use my bitcoins in all over the world without this bureaucracy called "fees and prohibitions".

This is very bad because there were lots of projects working on crypto debit cards. We can count Monaco Card, TenX, Token Card, METAL pay and a lot more of them. They're million dollar valued companies now.
eth9888

Activity: 291
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:16:41 PM

This is very bad because there were lots of projects working on crypto debit cards.

Yes but basically it is not in mastercard and visa's vested interest to allow crypto payment to thrive. Very easy to understand.
But it's OK - after all, right now people treat btc as a store of value and an access to the blockchain world.

Ehrad (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:39:37 PM

If you want to have a good customer service then better to start using the wirex debit card, it is a good one, maybe you will have some issues at the moment that you decide to load your card, but in the end, it is always going to be solved because the support is always on this forum and they have an active ann thread (so they will always be checking the bitcointalk users ticket's as a priority)
Bitwala is a good card too, but it will take more than 20 days to be shipped to your door if you are outside Europe, and it is difficult to get it if you dont buy a premium shipping.

Both of them were prohibited outside EU Countries, unfortunately. But thank you for your response  Wink
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:26:51 AM

yeah this new rule sucks: https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-debit-cards-non-european-residents-visas-new-rules/
as for the list of bitcoin debit cards
I think this topic might be of interest to you: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410577.0
he doesn't list all of the cards here,but his review is very helpful
also this: https://darknetmarkets.co/category/bitcoin-debit-cards/
the thing is you will have to check every provider if they service non-eu residents yourself,just ask their support
also if the card supports mastercard,there is a high chance they do service non-eu residents

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:41:34 AM

Hi,

Recently, VISA and Mastercard blocked transactions for bitcoin debit cards outside EU, and I really need to find a card that supports it outside Europe.

Man I thought you were saying Bitpay and such companies were prohibited from the EU and I was going to say this is terrible news. Still terrible is this news, just not as bad. There are still ways to get Bitcoin in Europe for sure that the governments will not be able to stop.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:04:28 AM

Use Coinpayments.net instead, you could directly convert your cryptocurrencies, debit cards were using payment processors, you think debit cards for crypto were using Bitcoin directly? all of them converted your Bitcoins by using payment processors.
If you ask them for a reason, they'd tell you that any body living outside of EU is a terrorist. full stop lol.

🖤😏
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:20:42 PM

Use Coinpayments.net instead, you could directly convert your cryptocurrencies, debit cards were using payment processors, you think debit cards for crypto were using Bitcoin directly? all of them converted your Bitcoins by using payment processors.
If you ask them for a reason, they'd tell you that any body living outside of EU is a terrorist. full stop lol.
I have checked this coinpayments.net website, but it doesn't provide physical debit card (or I have missed something). The idea is OK what they want, but this doesn't help me if I want to go to the local grocery shop where they accept cash and credit/debit card and nothing else, so this can be a solution in the future but not now. I know that physical bitcoin linked debit card providers uses huge fees (or bad exchange rate), but I can use the card as a normal credit/debit card, even the cashier at the shop won't notice that my card is bitcoin linked or not.
Ehrad (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:49:59 AM

I filosoficaly agree but I'd like to have another security layer to withdraw my coins in case of emergency.

Ehrad (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:21:37 AM

yeah this new rule sucks: https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-debit-cards-non-european-residents-visas-new-rules/
as for the list of bitcoin debit cards
I think this topic might be of interest to you: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410577.0
he doesn't list all of the cards here,but his review is very helpful
also this: https://darknetmarkets.co/category/bitcoin-debit-cards/
the thing is you will have to check every provider if they service non-eu residents yourself,just ask their support
also if the card supports mastercard,there is a high chance they do service non-eu residents

Uaw! Excelent response. I'll try some options of the lists. Just for you to kwnow, I have a 2 dollars balance with AdvCash, they will block non EU cards in the next month but they refuse to return low value money to their customers because the cheapest transfer taxes are above 3 dollars, so this is misappropiation and it is a strong fault with their customers, what they gonna do with all of those residual money? I can't endorse these company anymore.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:12:23 AM

Ico.blockchainoid.com business and whitelabel  all countries ,No usa and afganistan  Untested

This website looks like a scam. The webdesign is completely unprofessional and looks like someone invested
at the very most a few minutes of work. If you take into account that even the ICOs that are not outright
scams take years to deliver a working product, it is even more recommended to stay away from this provider.

I´m not sure if that has changed in the meantime, but even the hugely hyped Monaco and TenX ICOs
haven´t delivered on their huge promises so far (at least that was the situation a few weeks ago). If even
these much more professional ICOs have not delivered working Bitcoin debit cards so far, what makes you think
this hugely unprofessional Blockchainoid ICO will be able to do it?

I´m not even taking the recent changes to the VISA terms into account, which make it significantly harder for Bitcoin
debit card providers to offer cards to non EU-residents.
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:20:29 AM

Hi,

I do not think there s anything operational ATM. Tenx did announce they have an alternative provider which should start delivering cards outside of Europe but even that I do not think it ll take place before next year. So all in all, you ve gotta find someone with EU papers to verify your card or use Local bitcoins option. Banks, I guess that is not something which is convenient for most of us.

BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:03:01 PM

I think that the reason for the new rules is personal data protection. This is very strict in EU and the new directive is to be implemented soon so this is probably some precausion measure. But I thinK that Visa nad Msste will suffer loses not to be present with bitcoin debit cards outside EU because more and more users are intresetd in it and to my opinon this is the future, this is very convenient wa to spend bitcoins everywhere. Maybe also bitcoin credit cards will appear some day.

malaj
Ehrad (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:17:58 PM

I think that the reason for the new rules is personal data protection. This is very strict in EU and the new directive is to be implemented soon so this is probably some precausion measure. But I thinK that Visa nad Msste will suffer loses not to be present with bitcoin debit cards outside EU because more and more users are intresetd in it and to my opinon this is the future, this is very convenient wa to spend bitcoins everywhere. Maybe also bitcoin credit cards will appear some day.

VISA launched their Blockchain business some days ago, this explains a lot  Undecided

https://www.coindesk.com/visa-launches-first-phase-of-blockchain-b2b-payments-system/
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:01:29 AM

VISA launched their Blockchain business some days ago, this explains a lot  Undecided

https://www.coindesk.com/visa-launches-first-phase-of-blockchain-b2b-payments-system/

I do not think it does. The blockchain technology-- the general business communications term, not in the Bitcoin-specific context-- has been around since before Bitcoin itself. Businesses use blockchain information handling all the time, especially when it comes to logistics and reconciliation of data between different business entities. This general use is what Visa is getting more businesses to adopt on top of their platform. This allows businesses to trade with each other on top of their platform but without having to connect with them. Imagine, as a parallel, Bitcoin transactions being verified offline without being actually put on the chain yet. This does not really conflict with Bitcoin; the main reason really is the lack of customer/personal data held by the issuers of these cards, since they do not attempt to verify any of the information provided by the customers for the lower tier limits that the accounts begin with by default.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: