Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Daytraders Questions... Calculating Trading Profit and Locking In Profits  (Read 1119 times)
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:11:42 PM

Well it should be worth more.  But you want to have money coming into your bank account, well you can't just hold.  Thus i mean for someone to cash out consistent profits.  So if thats the case, isn't usd more important? 
No, because you want to cash out as little as needed, the rest stays invested. Money in your bank account doesn't accumulate, so basically you're losing potential profit there.
Daytrading doesn't mean, invest us$ into something, hopefully make profit, and then take all us$ out again. It's building up a portfolio and let that grow by making swing trades on a day to day basis.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:21:02 PM

I get what you mean as the rest stay invested.  However what if you want to continually take money/profits out then?  Because if someone is daytrading full time, they are suppose just make profit and not cash out or something?  Or cashout once every few months etc? 

Well im sure there are daytraders that make profit and want to take out money again over and over right?
alexpayne

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:23:27 PM

Well it should be worth more.  But you want to have money coming into your bank account, well you can't just hold.  Thus i mean for someone to cash out consistent profits.  So if thats the case, isn't usd more important? 

Holding is just an action of pussy person want to earn some pennies from Bitcoin ( not including BTC years-holders). So calculating the suitable profit for day-trading is necessary to protect your profits.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:27:13 PM

I get what you mean as the rest stay invested.  However what if you want to continually take money/profits out then?  Because if someone is daytrading full time, they are suppose just make profit and not cash out or something?  Or cashout once every few months etc? 

Well im sure there are daytraders that make profit and want to take out money again over and over right?
Now why would they want to cash out? Because they want their money to stop growing??

Only time when someone usually returns to fiat (us$) is when they think the market is overheated and expect a dump (or some investors choose to keep a certain percentage of their portfolio in fiat, just in case everything dumps suddenly, then they can buy the dip with that fiat).

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:43:49 PM

Today BTC is around $8k.

Think 10 years from now. Will BTC be worth more than that, or less?
So which one would you want to accumulate, BTC or $?
You are right BTC to altcoin trading is quite different. Here the profit depends on both coins. Let me tell one thing if you buy 1 BTC worth of altcoins today. Next month your altcoin price will increase $1, and the bitcoin price is increased $2k, or $3k is it worth for you? To do altcoin trading, USDT is best this is my opinion.
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:02:30 AM

The issue here is most altcoins are not traded against USDT. 

So how would you lock in profits like with lisk in my examples.
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:10:28 PM

Hey all someone mentioned using usdt would be a way to park your value.  Do most daytraders do this or not?
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:12:12 PM

Hey all someone mentioned using usdt would be a way to park your value.  Do most daytraders do this or not?

If USDT doesn't have a serious problem, then it's okay to store your dollar in terms of USDT. But you can't know if USDT will be solid like this. Some rumors are now on the market about USDT that it's not backed with real USD.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: