Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:36:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Macbook pro 2015 and 1 Bitmain Antminer 2 GH/s SHA-256  (Read 255 times)
gav213 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:01:11 PM

Hey guys, im new to this and want to have a little fun by trying mining, i have a macbook pro 2015 and looking to get a usb miner to start off with and came across a Bitmain Antminer 2 GH/s.

would this be recommended to use on my laptop to start out, bearing in mind my electric doesn't cost me anything, how much do you think my potential return per week could be?

Thanks,
Gav
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 02:15:45 AM

Keep in mind that a single miner nowadays literally mines at a 500-1000x higher rather than you what you would be using.
You would probably see no return. In other words, you would never be able to reach the minimum payout a pool would be offering unless you mine for years.
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:42:47 AM

It's really not feasible to use that equipment. I don't know much about the usb miners, but I think people mostly buy them as a gimmick or for nostalgia. If you want to get your feet wet without to much of an investment, you should look for something used, Avalon 6, antminer s7. Something like that, depending on your electric you could make a small profit return, but you also need to buy a PSU to run off and get used to the noise.

Or the other option is to buy something new from the current generation and just jump in, you can start with 1, then either grow larger stay the same, either way you will have some hardware you can sell down the road.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
gav213 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:13:07 AM

thanks steamtime, electric doesnt cost me anything as i live on a farm where electric is paid for by someone else.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: