Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:24:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possibilities in future and negatives  (Read 574 times)
ReindeerOnMe

Activity: 245
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:10:57 AM

We are witnessing now all these erc20 scams. I actually participated in a couple airdrops cause i thought well i join a couple for fun and actually gained some. But its not right to be part of a scam and make money out of thin air i figured.  

With that said, if crypto becomes massive. What stops people to make all kinds of shitcoins and see like 100.000 shitcoins on cmc if  not more.

Another thing:

would it be likely we see all businesses have their own coin? Amazoncoin? Walmartcoin? (i use these  since these are internationally most known. Not an American..)

As far as I know, airdrops are meant to make their new coin popular, who will not want a free coin right? Also, if you really are reading some of their announcements and roadmaps and white papers, I think you can easily pinpoint what is the "scam" coin and which is not.

The problem is some people use this airdrops tactic to earn easy bucks. Create ERC20 tokens -> make a thread about airdrops -> etherdelta market -> the dev dump all the tokens -> easy bucks and repeat. This airdrops scam will repeated because so many stupid people join airdrops blindly. They always think free tokens = money.

Sadly that is the truth. This people are making this altcoin or airdrop a taken for granted to earn "easy" money. But the thing I hated the most if when people make their own currency so they can just get the attention of people and after they've invested in these currency, the developers and makers will run with the money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bonanzacoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:24:53 PM

They always think free tokens = money.

thats exactly what it is. Cmc is polluted with bs tokens and some are worth more then legit tokens. Ethereum dark for example over $4... I read one guy wrote how much he lost on it. Sad. Preying on newbies who dont have a clue.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:28:18 PM

We are witnessing now all these erc20 scams. I actually participated in a couple airdrops cause i thought well i join a couple for fun and actually gained some. But its not right to be part of a scam and make money out of thin air i figured.  

With that said, if crypto becomes massive. What stops people to make all kinds of shitcoins and see like 100.000 shitcoins on cmc if  not more.

Another thing:

would it be likely we see all businesses have their own coin? Amazoncoin? Walmartcoin? (i use these  since these are internationally most known. Not an American..)

As far as I know, airdrops are meant to make their new coin popular, who will not want a free coin right? Also, if you really are reading some of their announcements and roadmaps and white papers, I think you can easily pinpoint what is the "scam" coin and which is not.

The problem is some people use this airdrops tactic to earn easy bucks. Create ERC20 tokens -> make a thread about airdrops -> etherdelta market -> the dev dump all the tokens -> easy bucks and repeat. This airdrops scam will repeated because so many stupid people join airdrops blindly. They always think free tokens = money.

Sadly that is the truth. This people are making this altcoin or airdrop a taken for granted to earn "easy" money. But the thing I hated the most if when people make their own currency so they can just get the attention of people and after they've invested in these currency, the developers and makers will run with the money.

People who are looking harder to invest on altcoin ICO means they should take a time to invest their since we find the many scammers available in the forum in the name of ICO. Sometime once we bought the token later it added to coin list we will never find the some coins to reach the peak value.
If you read their white paper you will be able to understand that the project is legit or not.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:54:43 PM

1st: The only thing that can stop people from doing all this is authorities made for only this purpose, just like the CDA (Crypto Detective Agency) of Russia. Every major country having a good enough bitcoin users base should implement such things in future to make the people safe from such scams popping out of nowhere and running away with the money they get out of the pockets of everyone.

2nd: Some countries are already planning to release their own versions of digital coins. Some of them have done it already i guess. So it can possibly happen that every popular business start to make their own digital money in future, but i don't think that is needed at all when there business is having no problems running with the same currencies, but we never know what the future holds.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:40:29 PM

Another thing:

would it be likely we see all businesses have their own coin? Amazoncoin? Walmartcoin? (i use these  since these are internationally most known. Not an American..)

This makes every company look into cryptocurrencies and make them think that they have their own token or coin just for using it to their own service.

But I haven't seen some companies that are successfully using their own token creation because they are still depending to fiat / dollars and if there is a coin that they are accepting it's only bitcoin.

Amazon's acceptance of bitcoin is just a rumor and I don't even think that they will be helding their own coin just for their own advantage. They see cryptos as something that is really volatile and decentralized.

cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:07:26 AM

Another thing:

This is the sole purpose to expose any coin or being called altcoin exposure is the main reason why some altcoin managers gives airdrops or some easy task such as signing up or bumping other threads you cant do anything about it because it involves a huge amount of money to release to those who qualifies or given of for free.
Laland

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

Bounty manager

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:10:34 PM

Another thing:

would it be likely we see all businesses have their own coin? Amazoncoin? Walmartcoin? (i use these  since these are internationally most known. Not an American..)

This makes every company look into cryptocurrencies and make them think that they have their own token or coin just for using it to their own service.

But I haven't seen some companies that are successfully using their own token creation because they are still depending to fiat / dollars and if there is a coin that they are accepting it's only bitcoin.

Amazon's acceptance of bitcoin is just a rumor and I don't even think that they will be helding their own coin just for their own advantage. They see cryptos as something that is really volatile and decentralized.

It is better to use other more famous currency because of this reason. No one else would support and maybe they would start making their own promos and token hunters would just be the making profits rather than a company it self.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: