Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:40:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Questions.  (Read 167 times)
legend018 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:31:46 AM

I'm sure there is a lot in here for newbies.  Looking for some guidance.  I am a very computer savy person. I'm reading a book about the history and trying to take it slow. Jumping around trying to look for clues to how to get started.  I signed up for localbitcoins although I don't have a wallet yet. Still trying to wrap my head around everything. One thing I'm confused about: With the price of one coin - what should we be investing. I mean is it basically a waste of time to invest say less then 1,000?  I don't have a lot of money to play with. I wish I got into this a long time ago. I need to learn more. I want to start off on the best foot that I can put forward.  what links in here are best to start with? It seems as though I see a lot of topics talking about coinbase. Are there followers of bitcointalk in here?  Any good books for getting started with bitcoin? I feel like I want to participate but having a hard time feeling comfortable with how.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Givebirth

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:40:47 AM

I'm sure there is a lot in here for newbies.  Looking for some guidance.  I am a very computer savy person. I'm reading a book about the history and trying to take it slow. Jumping around trying to look for clues to how to get started.  I signed up for localbitcoins although I don't have a wallet yet. Still trying to wrap my head around everything. One thing I'm confused about: With the price of one coin - what should we be investing. I mean is it basically a waste of time to invest say less then 1,000?  I don't have a lot of money to play with. I wish I got into this a long time ago. I need to learn more. I want to start off on the best foot that I can put forward.  what links in here are best to start with? It seems as though I see a lot of topics talking about coinbase. Are there followers of bitcointalk in here?  Any good books for getting started with bitcoin? I feel like I want to participate but having a hard time feeling comfortable with how.

First of all you should go to the newbie section. And read the basic rules and regulations of this forum. Second after that think about what you want to do investing,mining, or trading there you can choose what section in here in this forum there are pinned topics here that will help you start you must have perseverance to read and learn.
JohnsonX

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:46:45 AM

Invest whatever you are able to, without taking too much risk. Of course it can be less than 1,00.

This is a book I would recommend for you: https://d28rh4a8wq0iu5.cloudfront.net/bitcointech/readings/princeton_bitcoin_book.pdf

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:09:10 AM

Well, i also classified my self as a newbie, let me share something for you.
1. Learn things from newbie section, it can gives u a lot of information. Read and learn.
2.. Bitcoin is main crypto currency, and the first, it already survived a lot of situation, so you must put your trust in it more than other coins.
3. There are ways to earn bitcoin such as, mining, investing, trading, working, gambling, etc
4. Use a good wallet. People suggests using a hardware wallet for a best security.
5. Dont regret what already happen in the past, learn to make better future from your mistake.
That is some thing i want to share, and what i have learn in the early time of mine. In my opinion there is no late word to invest, and bitcoin is suggested by many people can reach a higher price, and some suggested it will reach 100k usd, it is over 10 times of the price now, so there is still more room to get profit (well if it happens, it is still a prediction, that i would like to see to happen). But remember, always spend what you can afford to lose. Investing in things is good, but to make it a successful investment, it is up to the investor, so you as the investor, need to learn and make your investment better for you, like maybe, you try to traading or something, or you just can hold bitcoin and wait till the price goes up.
For source of knowledge, you can search it on internet, but i suggest you read on this forum, and you can get something too from youtube i guess.
Good luck for you, all of us are newbie on the start, but it is up to us if we want to be a newbie forever, or strive to be a greater person.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: