Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:42:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver Coins [SOLD]  (Read 1096 times)
Xtremist (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 06:18:53 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 07:31:04 PM by Xtremist

I managed to find a buyer for them on craigslist. He came to my house and paid cash Grin

I already went to Western union and ordered myself 2btc from a well repped member here on Bitcointalk.org

Thank you all for your interest in my coins!

ganabb

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:27:55 AM

I am a little confuse.

You are accepting BTC as payment for the items but for shipping you want paypal ?

Xtremist (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 09:36:05 AM

XD Yea, i see your point... Doesn't really make sense...

I don't have any hard cash on me, hence why i'd need them to pay for shipping.

What could work, is for them to pay for the shipping online and have an empty box sent to my house or something.

I'm new to this whole shipping things to other people for bitcoins kind of thing, so you'll have to excuse my airheadedness lol.

Xtremist (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 07:22:09 PM

Added pics!

johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:29:57 PM

If that is correct and you are selling 1oz .999 rounds for .05 BTC I am interested in both.
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2224
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:48:28 PM

is there a price for all rounds + shipping to eu?

space for rent, shilling for sats
Xtremist (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 07:54:45 PM

United States only.

And i'll take 180$ via western union or 1.80 btc for all 24 coins.

You must pay for shipping

johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:34:39 PM

WARNING TO ALL: POSSIBLE SCAM

I have strong reason to believe this is a scam. OP offered me 2 x 1ozt Silver Rounds for .05 Bitcoins each. So, I would have been getting 2 ounces of silver for about $10. Red flag #1. I asked the OP if he would do escrow. He said "I guess...but its only about $10". He then told me that I would have to pay him cash for shipping because he has none. Red flag #2. He said that his local pawn shop would not buy his silver rounds because they already had a lot of the same round. Pawn shop owners don't think like that. To them, silver=silver. And, with the low spot price of silver now, I imagine pawn shop owners would be happy to buy ANYTHING silver. Red flag #3.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION
Xtremist (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 09:37:06 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 12:32:44 AM by Xtremist

I'm willing to give my phone number, address, and Scanned copy of my ID to anyone i do business with.

I'm new to shipping things here on BTC and without any cash in hand how am i suppose to pay for shipping?

Think about it -.- i wouldn't be sitting her wasting my fucking time for a measly 10$ in bitcoin, or 5-10$ for shipping.

You're a fucking moron if you believe someone would try and rip you off for such a little yield.

positivelybitcoin

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:03:48 AM

Um... I was interested in your silver as I constantly like to add to my collection. But you're selling at about $5 per oz, which makes me think it's too good to be true.

And seeing how you handled johnniewalker's warning, I would not do business with you.
data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:57:46 AM

What could work, is for them to pay for the shipping online and have an empty box sent to my house or something.

I'm new to this whole shipping things to other people for bitcoins kind of thing, so you'll have to excuse my airheadedness lol.

You can use a credit card to ship items as well via USPS.com. I'm interested in your silver for that price, but like other people are thinking, you really don't have $20 cash? It makes us think you would be willing to scam someone for such a small amount.

Also, you also have several other things for sale as well but your account is only 1 day old with so many post. I'm not saying your trying to scam people, but the way your account comes across is EXACTLY how scammers operate on this forum.

You may just be better off waiting till you can afford the shipping cost (being reimbursed of course) and going through a legit escrow service.
Bitweasil

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:06:35 AM

I'm possibly interested, but want a good reason why you're selling 1oz silver coins for around half of the spot melt value of the coin.  That's... highly unusual, to say the least.

Need high quality, rack mountable GPU clusters for OpenCL work or password auditing?  http://www.stricture-group.com/
Xtremist (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 01:13:29 AM

Only cause i want bitcoin, no other real reason. I have no intentions of keeping these coins, i've had them for about 10years and idk, i'd rather just turn them into something i can have fun with. And i figured selling them cheaper may get me a buyer faster.

positivelybitcoin

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:28:40 AM

Only cause i want bitcoin, no other real reason. I have no intentions of keeping these coins, i've had them for about 10years and idk, i'd rather just turn them into something i can have fun with. And i figured selling them cheaper may get me a buyer faster.

Not at a quarter of the spot price it won't. It raises a ton of red flags.
Xtremist (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 02:16:53 AM

Well i raised the prices to what i think is fair, And honestly i didn't know trying to sell them cheap would raise flags with anyone, Like i've been saying im new to bitcoin, and im new to selling anything that requires me shipping something out.
I'm not a seasoned pro like some of the guys on here ya know?

But i'm trying my best to prove my legitimacy any way i can.
I mean, i don't think a scammer would be trying to prove his identity and give the buyer all sorts of ways to get ahold of me and verify that this is a real deal :c

Bitweasil

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:18:47 AM

"Hey, man, I've got this Mercedes.  Brand new S class.  Kinda got tired of it, so I'll sell it to you for, oh, dunno, how's $500 sound?"

There's selling them cheap (spot for silver right now is around 0.20 btc/oz, so 0.21-0.25 would be cheap), and then there's what you're doing, which is insanity.  Selling silver for a quarter of the spot melt price typically means you have fake silver you wish to get rid of, you have stolen silver you wish to get rid of, or you've done zero research at all before posting.  The oddity of "I want to be paid in bitcoin but you have to pay shipping with PayPal" makes it even stranger.

You may be quite legit, but you certainly raise a whole ton of red flags.  You do have a photo of coins with your username, though.

Need high quality, rack mountable GPU clusters for OpenCL work or password auditing?  http://www.stricture-group.com/
Xtremist (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 02:24:04 AM

Very understandable.

My price was determined by an offer i got when i first made this post, the guy was going to pay 7$ per coin, i'm not by any means a silver guru, and no i didn't really do alot of research.

As for the .999 fine silver coins i know they are 100% real, none of this is stolen at all.
It was a coin collection my dad had gave me when i was 15 and i'm just not into coins at all. When i turned 18 i took about half of them into a pawnshop and got about 700$ for the 40+ coins i sold. ( A few rare dates and uncirc. ones  + high silver content like the Walking libertys )

Any tips and pointers you guys have to help me sell these is greatly appreciated.

I'll try doing a bit more research, but like i said a few lines up, i'm not a silver guru and these coins really mean nothing to me so i'm really not to hard up on the price.
I mean they're just coins, even if they are silver.

Xtremist (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 02:28:31 AM

And normally i would just take them into a pawn shop, but you have to understand, i live in the middle of montana in a small ass no name town, and the pawnshop i usually go to specializes in music equipment and electronics and guns, not exactly coins.
I have tried calling around to other shops in the area, but in this town there is only 2 places to sell coins and sell silver or gold, and thats the 2 small pawnshops.

From what my friend told me, there is a nice silver & gold place about 2 hours away, but seeing as how i lack money at the moment, i just cant physically get there.

Thank you guys for your input though, it is greatly appreciated.

Xtremist (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 02:34:37 AM

You can use a credit card to ship items as well via USPS.com. I'm interested in your silver for that price, but like other people are thinking, you really don't have $20 cash? It makes us think you would be willing to scam someone for such a small amount.

Also, you also have several other things for sale as well but your account is only 1 day old with so many post. I'm not saying your trying to scam people, but the way your account comes across is EXACTLY how scammers operate on this forum.

You may just be better off waiting till you can afford the shipping cost (being reimbursed of course) and going through a legit escrow service.

I guess i'll just have to wait till next week when my paycheck comes in i suppose.

And i did have some free Flat Rate Padded envelopes ordered today and should arrive within 7-10 business days Cheesy

positivelybitcoin

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:55:53 AM

Thank you guys for your input though, it is greatly appreciated.

You are much more humble now than before, which is helpful. Perhaps doing this when you receive your shipping envelopes will be a good idea.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: