Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:02:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin trading rules?  (Read 177 times)
tomvildc (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:18:34 AM

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein
Are there any rules for trading coins out there then I can learn and follow?
Which you guys are following when trading. I mean things can make me different than today-a newbie.
Ex: Don't buy if you don't know about it or when should I sell when should keep, react with rumor etc...
granchio

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:59:22 PM

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein
Which you guys are following when trading. I mean things can make me different than today-a newbie.
Ex: Don't buy if you don't know about it or when should I sell when should keep, react with rumor etc...

I think the most important thing about trading with cryptocurrencies is: Do not trade with the amounts which can destroy your economic situation in a loss situation.

And don't hurry to trade. First, improve your knowledge. Read and learn a lot about the cryptocurrencies.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:26:20 PM

The main lessons I learned early on were:
  • Always zoom out on charts to get some perspective about longer term patterns;
  • Never ever underestimate bitcoin;
  • Don't buy in just because a coin is rising, unless you're confident of the point when it will stop rising. Don't buy at peak and be left a bagholder;
  • Don't panic if a trade starts to go the wrong way. Get some perspective before deciding if you should persevere or get out to limit your losses;
  • Don't be greedy. Ideally set an exit point before you start, and get out then. Prices can drop quickly, and it's easy to hold on too long;
  • Finally and most importantly: Just because you are good at trading in small amounts, don't assume you will be as good in trading large amounts. The higher the amount of money you are trading, the more your emotions come into play. It's easy to be cold and logical if $1 is at stake, less so if it's $10,000
Pixmartz

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:38:19 PM

The first must know and learn about cryptocurreny, network, blockchain in general. Discussion and join forums and trading groups. Able to analyze and read market movements. Read the news crypto so as not to miss info teebaru. Learn to be patient and not easily hooked by the mafia who do pump and dump coin price.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:50:02 PM

there is always pump and dumps going on in altcoins and each pump leads to a big bubble in them which sometimes take a longer time to pop and price to come down to the bottom line but it always happens. there is no exception to this rule.

the other rule i stick to is that whenever you hear a lot of people talk about an altcoin around these parts and be so enthusiastic about it, that can be a good indicator that the pump is coming to an end or has probably already ended.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
tomvildc (OP)

Activity: 92

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:58:18 PM

Thank you so much for these sharing! Now I have to find out some new concepts. Grin
Dailyroberts

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:01:39 PM

Never say never for the altcoins while trading. Never listen to others when you're pesimistic about something, your holdings. Always play in moderate level. Don't borrow money to start trading. Don't make over trading. Don't get fooled by the scammer projects.

Attention for the hype projects, stay away!
kqyyzmlc

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:08:05 PM

I think the most important thing about trading with cryptocurrencies is: Do not trade with the amounts which can destroy your economic situation in a loss situation.

And don't hurry to trade. First, improve your knowledge. Read and learn a lot about the cryptocurrencies.
Yes, I think all traders should have a realization: I am not gambling, I just conduct a transaction similar to stocks or investment funds. This should not be all of your life. Then deal again.
Also, on the various coins on the exchange, I think its coin development team at github can be viewed as an investment indicator.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: