Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 09:15:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can we find the trustable icos ?  (Read 329 times)
Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:45:59 PM

It is very difficult that say that an ICO is a scam or not, in my opinion, some ICOs that will be labelled scam at the end of the day may not have the intention of scamming people, but when the project fails and investors lose their money, they will not have any other option than to label the ICO scam.
So just use your discretion and read about the project, try to know the team and their history, past experience and so on.
good luck as you do your ICOs.

pia19

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:55:45 PM

There is no easy way to identify whether an ICO is real or a scam. Yes you're right, most of them are scam made by some selfish individuals. But there are also ICOs that are legit and true to their project. All you can is to check for some signs or indications that might suggest that ICO is a scam. First, check their offer, if its too good to be true, it might be a scam. Second, do a background check to people behind the project. If they are not real or if they are just some make up names, it might be a scam. Third, make your study about the ICO, look for feedbacks, check if they are just copying other ICOs, and dig deeper to their project and platform.
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:05:50 PM

Where can we find the trustable icos ?
How can we solve the system if ponzi or not ?

99% of ICOs are scam . They collect fund from people and they are absent when the program start ?

There are no good resources for this.....yet. I think there is a vacuum in the market for services that analyze and rate ICOs on various metrics. There is demand for this -- I've seen lots of people asking these same questions, and I recall seeing Theymos looking for some kind of service to root out the scam ICOs from buying forum advertisements.

The problem is that we are still in the "wild west" stage. It's incumbent on you -- the prospective investor -- to get a feel for which ones are scams. Honestly, if you just read the ANN subforums a few times a week, it starts to become obvious.

Look for the generic/vague (bought) whitepapers, complete vaporware that lacks even proof-of-concept, anonymous developers/team -- look for proof of their IRL existence. These, to me, are the first telltale signs to look for.
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:06:58 PM

99% of ICOs are scam . They collect fund from people and they are absent when the program start ?

Mostly we can find a trustable ICO in this forum site's that belong to one of the link in here's.its hard to believe that an ICO is scam or not ,because even for the first time i've not heard a new's that there is an ICO project not legit.maybe there some ICO  that they cannot pursue there goal,because lack of funding and support of investor or a team.maybe a  lack of presentation in the media thats why its not marketable.

grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:10:29 PM

There is no one place that you can only find the trustable ICOs, you can try and use some ICO review sites to get an opinion but they can still be wrong. Mostly you just have to scan through all of the ICOs and find the good ones yourself. There are many ways to do this but they all involve around you taking your time to do your own research. With regards to 99% being scams I wouldn't say that is true, while many are scams I would not think it is anywhere near that number, and in fact many that are later labelled as scams are actually projects which are legitimate but are just very poorly executed.

faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:02:53 PM

Its getting worst every day,  the difference between scam and true ICO is almost a hairline.

But one of best and red flag for me is, if the coin owners cant show their faces then probably they are scams.  If they can't go to public meetings and can't initiate public appearance they are scam.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:18:01 PM

to be honest you can't be sure 100% that it's not a scam but doing research will minimize risk !

sky24

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:18:19 AM

Check out Propthereum.io. They are an asset backed cryptocurrency on the blockchain and are expecting a 1566% coin appreciation in a short amount of time. All proceeds raised from their ICO will be used to purchase A-grade property worldwide. This property will generate a rental income and underlying value for the PTC token holder. The great thing about this concept is that the coin will always increase in value. They are now live and their angel day ends in a few hours so check them out. I truly believe what they are doing will change the way we mix business and cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: