Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:03:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Homework : count how many alts the OP has  (Read 413 times)
InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 04:21:11 PM

I am not very active in the alternative cryptocurrencies sections but I saw this topic (below). I am not an expert but when you create a shitcoin token, it needs to be listed in the exchanges, no? You need to make a clear project...etc
In this topic for example https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2404416.0 which I assume there is a dozen similar to it, you don't have details, the OP is requesting donations in order to be listed in the airdrop...then you find newbies (mostly) indicating (repetitively) good project (how could they judge it!) and to the moon (to the burning sun exactly).
So the homework is the following :
1- count how many spammers.
2- count how many (potential) alts the OP having.
3- shouldn't we prohibit at least these kinds of projects from asking for donations before joining the airdrop? It is prohibited in the forums afaik! Same rules normally should apply since they are asking for donations!

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:40:30 PM

A lot. Countless spammers.
Why would OP have a lot of alts? Maybe bumping for their thread?
3- shouldn't we prohibit at least these kinds of projects from asking for donations before joining the airdrop? It is prohibited in the forums afaik! Same rules normally should apply since they are asking for donations!
They are "asking" for donations. What's wrong with that? They are not forcing people to donate afaik. According to the forum's rules, asking for donation is not prohibited.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:01:27 PM

So the homework is the following :
Most of them will be from the trending Alt-Coin thread boosting service which is in trends recently.Op might not even be the alts but could have hired a service which has number of accounts to study about your project.To my knowledge,they read your whitepaper and stuff so they know what they're talking about.

OP isn't the only one,lot of other New Shitcoins do the same.
pixie85

Merit: 524

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:27:39 PM

If you see a project bumped by an army of alts it should be a clear indication of the dev's intentions. If you have a good legit project all you need is buy some ads, maybe start a small bounty campaign on social media and it will all go by itself. If you spend time or money to get accounts on bitcointalk instead of working on your project you're an obvious scammer. Ignore such projects and they'll lose.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:36:39 PM

If you see a project bumped by an army of alts it should be a clear indication of the dev's intentions. If you have a good legit project all you need is buy some ads, maybe start a small bounty campaign on social media and it will all go by itself. If you spend time or money to get accounts on bitcointalk instead of working on your project you're an obvious scammer. Ignore such projects and they'll lose.
Hard to say that the reputed projects aren't doing it.It is becoming more of a marketing thing slowly,just to keep the threads on the top and attract potential investors.Moreover,you will never know if behind an account is the army of alts of the same service provider.Even if the project is legit,they still need to advertise my staying on top of all the threads right ?
pixie85

Merit: 524

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:17:56 PM

Hard to say that the reputed projects aren't doing it.It is becoming more of a marketing thing slowly,just to keep the threads on the top and attract potential investors.Moreover,you will never know if behind an account is the army of alts of the same service provider.Even if the project is legit,they still need to advertise my staying on top of all the threads right ?

Don't mix advertising with spamming and giving a false impression of popularity and interest.
It doesn't matter if he hires an army of people to make those new accounts and keep spamming or if he does it himself. He's being dishonest either way. An interesting project will bump itself because people will come to ask real question and you can time your answers to keep the discussion going.
Forum rules also allow you to bump threads so it's not that hard to keep it visible without the need for sockpuppets.
InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 09:37:28 PM

Thanks for your responses and I think as joel_jantsen said that there is an "army" behind this manipulation. It is hard to say if these newbies are an alt of the OP (could be a group obviously) or a "mercenary" group paid to spam the topic with fake posts in order to keep it on top.
I see that there is actions taken by admins/mods but i/we would like to have more informations if possible.
And if there is paid groups then patrols you have to double triple your efforts Wink

InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:47:25 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 11:51:15 PM by InvoKing

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2459777.0
Same account...another (scammy?) project... Another not listed token name (nor in etherdelta nor in coinmarketcap)... Donate to (be scammed?) join airdrop... 2 lazy 2 create a different logo (litecoin one)
Same homework... Same question : why donate to be scammed isn't prohibited such as giveaways.

Edit : removed the airdrop link

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: