Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 12:56:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie miner help  (Read 200 times)
WinCognito (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:12:43 PM

Hi guys

I am very new to mining, I have been doing a lot of reading and videos on youtube. Still not quite convinced about mining for a newbie.
I have some questions, would be great if you could answer them all. Really Appreciate your support

Is it still profitable to mine, I understand profitabilty depends on the price of the coin and coin price may go up in future. I see some youtubers are bit negative about starting mining now.
Should i buy a Nvidia and RX Vega? or a mix of both?
What coins are profitable now? Mining monero , eth are still profitable?

is it always better to mine in a pool? is solo mining even worth attempting?

Any help would be great. Thanks

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:19:35 PM

Hi guys

I am very new to mining, I have been doing a lot of reading and videos on youtube. Still not quite convinced about mining for a newbie.
I have some questions, would be great if you could answer them all. Really Appreciate your support

Is it still profitable to mine, I understand profitabilty depends on the price of the coin and coin price may go up in future. I see some youtubers are bit negative about starting mining now.

Welcome to mining!

A lot of those questions are easily answered by using Google. Wink

But I'm in a good mood right now, so:

whattomine.com/coins
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/74i3g7/nvidia_vs_amd_mining_and_card_options/
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6hmlpc/how_much_hashrate_is_still_good_to_do_solo_today/

What is Your electricity price?

Those links + this one question should give You a pretty good insight what You are getting into... Grin

WUUEX79

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

Xch4nge.com

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:37:14 PM

Yeah ya, lots of themes / topics like this (sorry if I'm wrong).
Welcome to mining guys.
How to start bitcoin mining, there is several ways commonly used by miners.
Get the best bitcoin mining hardware, download free bitcoin mining software, Join a bitcoin mining pool, set-up a bitcoin Wallet and date with bitcoin news.

Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:40:37 PM

Hi guys

If you are looking to mine with graphics cards you can learning about mining ethereum and monero because best suggesting option to every altcoin miners.
You please don't mix both the cards in mining rig. If you want to mine the coins go with the same variant whether it is nvidia or radeon r7 but go with one only.
About mining you no need to adding bat file and other works. Please download the nice hash mining software from their site. It will do all the work simplified.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 04:52:49 AM

Hi guys

If you asking questions like this , you did not done any kind of serious reading or research on the object Smiley
There is some very basic advice for you!

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: