Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:54:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earn $10 USD: I need help with a collectible card game design  (Read 345 times)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:15:36 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 01:45:54 AM by CoinHoarder

I will pay $10 USD to anyone whose suggestions lead me to edit the design of my collectible card game.

The biggest thing that I would like right now is More Ideas For Cards.

I would like all of the following peer-reviewed though (and suggestions on changes made):

Backstory
Objective
Game Modes
Rules & Dynamics
Gameplay
Card Names
Card Attributes
Card Descriptions
Additional Card Ideas

http://docdro.id/jeV597C

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:24:06 PM

Sorry didn't get your objective completely.If I'm not wrong you have linked to a sort of white paper in the link.Which designs needs a suggestion ? Also by design do you mean the actual design or with the architecture of your system ? I would like to review it if by design you don't mean 'actual graphics'.
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 08:24:54 PM

i will go through it and update you soon

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:39:29 PM

Sorry didn't get your objective completely.

No problem

If I'm not wrong you have linked to a sort of white paper in the link. Which designs needs a suggestion?

Yes

Also by design do you mean ... the architecture of your system ?

Yes, the architecture.

I would like to review it if by design you don't mean 'actual graphics'.

Not graphics related- I am asking for peer review of the idea/concept.
protactinium91

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:21:07 PM

I really like the concept of this bitcoin related card game!
So as a person passionate about board games design I would have few things:

1) I do not really feel those different victory conditions if these are actually different "tracks" of development. How do you ensure that the people do not play "different games". Fx. Miner only play mining track and developer play only developer?

2) Players can play utility cards  to reduce opponents power - what is the point of that? Do you actually achieve anything by that? If the gameobjective is to reach max power then "stalling" the game do not really benefit you.

3) Do not plan on "future releases" of expansions until you have your "base" working. I made this mistake few times and this actually resulted in never completing games

4) The most important - describe the mechanics! I do not see that here actually. How the turns look like. WHat can you do? I only see separate card descriptions which do not actually show the game. The description is very vague...

I hope this do not sound to harsh Smiley
Keep up the work, hope to see this working soon!

New >>> BITCOIN mining Game <<< with real PROFIT! 100 Satoshi register bonus!
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 10:21:15 PM

1) I do not really feel those different victory conditions if these are actually different "tracks" of development. How do you ensure that the people do not play "different games". Fx. Miner only play mining track and developer play only developer?

2) Players can play utility cards  to reduce opponents power - what is the point of that? Do you actually achieve anything by that? If the gameobjective is to reach max power then "stalling" the game do not really benefit you.

3) Do not plan on "future releases" of expansions until you have your "base" working. I made this mistake few times and this actually resulted in never completing games

4) The most important - describe the mechanics! I do not see that here actually. How the turns look like. WHat can you do? I only see separate card descriptions which do not actually show the game. The description is very vague...

From what i read in the doc i think your backstory is ok and for expansion i think he is right, you have a great idea but hold that first until you implement the first game
1)Character ability card and Faction card- the player chose these card but then the shard should it be a slot (attribute) to the faction or character ability
And the shard from what you said has level like multipliers which should be implemented in the shard power-ups
For the character skill i think the counter strike should be what every character can acquire or buy -You should find a way to slot that to the character but then it should have effect on the Faction a character belongs to
2)Utility card- I dont know about that one though but it seems to be like is useless since your are using the counter stike card
3)Collectibles card should be the character card attributes
Ok your concept document is actually good and it sound nice but try to design it using little diagrams on a board first and see how the implementation goes
I hope i helped

Zpectrum

Activity: 184
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:29:30 AM

Hi, i'll give my opinion based on what i have understood, if i made a mistake, avoid offensive comments and make constructive criticism. The categories...? that i haven't spoken is because i agree

Game Modes:

• Individual (up to 4 players), although i see you want to add more players per game, it's illogical to fight with someone of your same faction when both want the same result

Rules & Dynamics:

Everyone should stay in the same Power Shards (Rank 1), because with these ranges you turn the strategy game into a game of luck

For example:

First and second turn: Me, 5 and 5 (1000), another player, 2 and 3 (500)
Third turn: Me, 1 (+ 500000 = 501000), another player, 6 (+ 600 = 1100)
Fourth turn: Me, 1 (+ 500000 = 1001000), another player 6 (+ 600000 = 601100)
Fifth turn: Me, 1 (+ 250000000 = 260010000), another player 6 (+ 600000 = 1201100)

I think it explains itself

Gameplay:

Choose one character card, and one faction card, each turn the character will generate 100 Power Hash, Satoshis, Subscribers, Lines of codes

Win Power Shards to exchange them for Hash Power, Satoshis, Subscribers, Lines of codes

Change Hash Power, Satoshis, Subscribers, Lines of codes, by generators (Miner, Faucet, Youtuber, Programmer), will give an X amount of Power Hash, Satoshis, Subscribers, Lines of codes per turn

Prepare your defensive and offensive strategy

Win the game!

(This is an example, everyone can make their own style of play)

To be continued if...

Questions:

How exactly can we know the faction of the other player?, we can't use the Collectible Utility Cards because we don't know the faction of the other player or should we try 1 negative cards of each faction?

What cards will appear in the Started Pack?

I will not continue with the other categories, because i don't know if the person or persons involved in this are in agreement with my opinion. I also apologize for my bad english Grin (i use a translator)
negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:48:51 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 04:04:29 AM by negancoin

From my understanding, in that time there is a Civil war between the Miners and the shareholders, the press, developers as I visualized above in the picture.

Backstory :
it's great story, but how about adding something thing like aliens who came to earth with Advanced technology, and some bad guys used to destroy bitcoin, the good guy who already won first round. Now he have to save our beautiful currency ( BTC ). the reason why I suggest this, because when the first player reached full power, the game is one, so we need to give him a new challenge.

I'll read ur document later and give you more suggestions.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:46:00 AM

Perhaps there is a language barrier thing going on here... Players are encouraged to power up different power types, because if they only power up one power type then their opponents will easily be able to guess what faction they are fighting for and implement the optimal counter-strategy. It is a game of deception, where players try to keep the faction they are fighting for a secret so that they can not be countered.

2) Players can play utility cards  to reduce opponents power - what is the point of that? Do you actually achieve anything by that? If the game objective is to reach max power then "stalling" the game do not really benefit you.

Each player's power is gained separately, not together. I think that is the source of the confusion here. By playing a utility card to reduce your opponent's power, you are only reducing their (or their team's if the game is in "team mode") power and no one else's. It benefits you because you want to be the first person to reach full power for the faction you are fighting for, and your chances are increased if you slow down your opponent.

My intention here is to be very upfront and honest with people who buy the decks of cards. I sincerely hope that people buy the decks with the intention of playing the game, but being a realist... I realize that people will probably speculate on the value of the decks. Therefore, I don't want any surprises for anyone (IE. suprise... I am issuing 1 billion more starter decks). The rareness (or not) of all cards that will ever exist in the game should be known ahead of time. The cards and attributes of them can be designed and tested later.

I expect this to be like Ethereum's Crypto Kitties, but with an actually enjoyable PvP card game behind it!!! Not just collecting/breeding blockchain cat assets. I expect the card game to be able to garner a sustainable player base that enjoys playing the game for years to come. Anything less I will deem a failure. The enjoyment and quality of the game is of paramount importance to me. I don't want that to be jeopardized by people being surprised at the rareness (or not) of the cards.

I do indeed to make a simpler description of the gameplay and what a turn looks like, but the mechanics are indeed there in the paper. I probably did not do the best job of explaining everything.

No, you were not too hard. Thanks for your help. PM me if you are interested in helping the pre-alpha game design. Smiley
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:52:17 AM

From what i read in the doc i think your backstory is ok and for expansion i think he is right, you have a great idea but hold that first until you implement the first game
1)Character ability card and Faction card- the player chose these card but then the shard should it be a slot (attribute) to the faction or character ability
And the shard from what you said has level like multipliers which should be implemented in the shard power-ups
For the character skill i think the counter strike should be what every character can acquire or buy -You should find a way to slot that to the character but then it should have effect on the Faction a character belongs to

Sorry, but I do not understand what you are trying to say...

2)Utility card- I dont know about that one though but it seems to be like is useless since your are using the counter stike card

They are certainly not useless, because it depends on when the player uses them and who they play them against. If the players do not use them at the optimal time or use them on the optimal opponent, then it certainly makes a difference.

3)Collectibles card should be the character card attributes
Hmm, can you elaborate??

Ok your concept document is actually good and it sound nice but try to design it using little diagrams on a board first and see how the implementation goes
I hope i helped
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:07:49 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 04:33:17 PM by CoinHoarder

Hi, i'll give my opinion based on what i have understood, if i made a mistake, avoid offensive comments and make constructive criticism. The categories...? that i haven't spoken is because i agree

Game Modes:

• Individual (up to 4 players), although i see you want to add more players per game, it's illogical to fight with someone of your same faction when both want the same result

In Team Mode, power is accumulated for each power type together. +100 Hash power adds 100 Hash power to the team's collective mining power (all players on the same team contribute to the same power source). However, on individual mode... +100 Hash power only adds the 100 power to the player's mining power alone, and each player collects power separately. In team mode, players do not fight other players that are in the same faction, but instead they play together.

Rules & Dynamics:

Everyone should stay in the same Power Shards (Rank 1), because with these ranges you turn the strategy game into a game of luck

For example:

First and second turn: Me, 5 and 5 (1000), another player, 2 and 3 (500)
Third turn: Me, 1 (+ 500000 = 501000), another player, 6 (+ 600 = 1100)
Fourth turn: Me, 1 (+ 500000 = 1001000), another player 6 (+ 600000 = 601100)
Fifth turn: Me, 1 (+ 250000000 = 260010000), another player 6 (+ 600000 = 1201100)

I think it explains itself

I think this is a great idea!!! Although the randomness creates more of a Hearthstone-type game that is fun for casual players, you made me realize that this game type is not ideal for hardcore gamers. I have created two modes... one "Standard Mode" where the 60 sided die is used, and another "Hardcore Mode" where each player receives the same amount of Power Shards each turn!!!!

Since you inspired this change, I will pay you $10!!! Please post your Bitcoin address and I will make it happen ASAP!!

Gameplay:

Choose one character card, and one faction card, each turn the character will generate 100 Power Hash, Satoshis, Subscribers, Lines of codes

Win Power Shards to exchange them for Hash Power, Satoshis, Subscribers, Lines of codes

Yes, exactly!!

Change Hash Power, Satoshis, Subscribers, Lines of codes, by generators (Miner, Faucet, Youtuber, Programmer), will give an X amount of Power Hash, Satoshis, Subscribers, Lines of codes per turn

I think I may like this idea, but I need to think about it more. I was already thinking of some cards that boost power shard production for turn-specific power shard generation. IE. Someone has two 100% power shard boost cards that they can play at any turn they like throughout the game, or a two 100% and one 200%, or one 100% and two %150%... etc.

However, your idea is different. Like in starcraft or similar games, you are saying to have the ability to upgrade the the amount of power shards a player gets each turn permanently for the rest of the game? There is already a similar idea in the design if you read about power shard ranks... as you go up in rank, the power shard multiplier gets bigger.

Prepare your defensive and offensive strategy

Win the game!

Exactly, you got it!!!

(This is an example, everyone can make their own style of play)

To be continued if...

Questions:

How exactly can we know the faction of the other player?, we can't use the Collectible Utility Cards because we don't know the faction of the other player or should we try 1 negative cards of each faction?

It is a game of deception. There is no way of knowing which faction someone is playing for sure. To play the best strategy, you will try to make your opponents think you are playing for a different faction than you actually are while slowly powering up your actual faction's power sneakily. Or perhaps you try a "hiding in plain sight" strategy where you only power up your faction's power because you think your opponents will not think you'd be so brazen. If your opponents figure out which faction you are fighting for, then they can play counter cards to slow down your power accumulation for that faction, but if they do not... then you are more likely to win because they won't (unless they are lucky) play the proper utility cards to slow you down.

What cards will appear in the Started Pack?

The actual cards and deck design is very pre beta. There will be cards added and cards eliminated. For now, the only cards I know will be included are the 4 character cards and the 4 faction cards. All other cards are up for debate!

I will not continue with the other categories, because i don't know if the person or persons involved in this are in agreement with my opinion. I also apologize for my bad english Grin (i use a translator)

Despite the obvious language barrier, you provided really goo feedback and I hope you continue to do so!!! Post a Bitcoin or ALT coin address and I will send you $10 asap. Smiley
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:11:55 AM

https://image.ibb.co/hWx2cm/tt2.jpg
To be honest, I am not interested in graphic design right now. Only critique of the game design..

From my understanding, in that time there is a Civil war between the Miners and the shareholders, the press, developers as I visualized above in the picture.

Yes, you are correct

Backstory :
it's great story, but how about adding something thing like aliens who came to earth with Advanced technology, and some bad guys used to destroy bitcoin, the good guy who already won first round. Now he have to save our beautiful currency ( BTC ). the reason why I suggest this, because when the first player reached full power, the game is one, so we need to give him a new challenge.

Once someone reaches full power, you can always start another game. There won't be multiple missions... it is a player versus player strategy game. Once a game ends you replay the same game with the same rules, and slowly everyone forms a better strategy. Smiley

I do like your idea for there being aliens with advanced technology. I needed an idea for a 4th expansion anyways so there can be 1v1v1v1v1v1v1 games!! This way anywhere from 2 to 8 players can play in individual mode. What is your Bitcoin/ALT coin address, I will give you $10 for the idea

I'll read ur document later and give you more suggestions.

Thanks, I hope that you do!!!
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:12:42 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 05:13:24 PM by CoinHoarder

There are 2 winners of $10 each so far. I updated the OP with the current game design. Thanks for ya'lls help!!!
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:13:35 PM

I have also created a new card category temproarily named "Power Cards"  that's not on the current version of the game's PDF. I'm at work, so I can't update it now. All names and such are temporary, fyi.

Double Down – Power Shard generation x 2 for one turn only

Triple Down – Power Shard generation x 3 for one turn only

Expected Value – Power Shard generation x 3.5 on your next turn only

Power Source Upgrade – Power Shard generation x 1.5 for the rest of the game. Only playable once Rank 2 is reached in every power type.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: