Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:34:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which action should CMC take in regards to the circulating supply of Bitcore(BTX)?
Circulating Supply includes the "virtually forked" coins
Circulating Supply does not include the "virtually forked" coins but all other coins
Circulating Supply should be permanently frozen at 1,195,602

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Incorrect Bitcore(BTX) Circulating Supply on CMC  (Read 4128 times)
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:19:40 PM

I propose a compromise. Since it is estimated by Seeking Alpha that 25% of all BTC is lost, https://seekingalpha.com/article/4082979-many-bitcoins-lost-forever, That 12.5% of BTX is removed from option 1 to account for the lost BTX and BTC. If you really want to be accurate I would say the circulating supply should be about 25% lower due small amounts never being claimed and the 12.5% Lost right off the bat.

Then they need to change the circulating supply on btc and bch and a lot of other coins too.
Why not just stick to calculating it like it's done on every other coin, instead of everybody and his grandmother coming up with their own numbers. fair enough?
Thank you.

No.
BTX will be calculated like every other coin, no bullshit compromises just because they are invested in bch or in something else.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:43:03 PM

How does Coin market cap currently list the supply of btx?? How will the change to option 1 change/affect the price?
gwestcot (OP)

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:24:01 PM

How does Coin market cap currently list the supply of btx?? How will the change to option 1 change/affect the price?

Coin market cap has frozen our supply to what is shown in option 3. It doesn't even go up when new coins are mined. The price per se isn't affected but the total marketcap is severely affected. We have about 1/10th of the transactions of Litecoin so a 250M+ marketcap, which is correct, seems acceptable.
acorcos

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:21:24 PM

Voted for option 1. The circulating supply does already include virtually forked coins as far as I know.

All other answers do not make any sense to me.
Hadrop.Boyle

Activity: 291
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:22:37 PM

I propose a compromise. Since it is estimated by Seeking Alpha that 25% of all BTC is lost, https://seekingalpha.com/article/4082979-many-bitcoins-lost-forever, That 12.5% of BTX is removed from option 1 to account for the lost BTX and BTC. If you really want to be accurate I would say the circulating supply should be about 25% lower due small amounts never being claimed and the 12.5% Lost right off the bat.

Then they need to change the circulating supply on btc and bch and a lot of other coins too.
Why not just stick to calculating it like it's done on every other coin, instead of everybody and his grandmother coming up with their own numbers. fair enough?
Thank you.

No.
BTX will be calculated like every other coin, no bullshit compromises just because they are invested in bch or in something else.

Maybe they are no conspiracies around, just a heavy workload and some who are paying for being enlisted.

Wanne get 10% of Cointracking? https://cointracking.info/?ref=M138678
Wanne join Binance Exchange? https://www.binance.com/?ref=11326731
Wanne join Kucoin with Bonus? https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=7QHt5a
minestro

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:37:06 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 12:33:08 AM by minestro

At least two BTC whales already claimed their BTX (>1800BTX)
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btx/tx.dws?148418.htm
#50 & #315
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btx/tx.dws?174357.htm
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btx/tx.dws?175273.htm

and four from here (~1000BTX)
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btx/tx.dws?148419.htm

#50 registered for airdrop... nice interest Smiley
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btx/address.dws?1C79YofyjJ9LMavRyoja5AzU934ofe8u3P.htm
I'm quite jealous and happy that bitcore got picked up by some bigger players. Let's see when/if he/she dumps. And where Smiley

keyzersoze

Activity: 476
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:10:08 AM

Option 4 , proposal
Define a maximum date to claim the btx to the btc holders and close that topic, The remaining coins are included in the airdrop, can this be done?

Greetings Community,

As many of you know, the Bitcore team have been trying to work through the issues with CMC about our circulating supply being incorrectly displayed. I believe CMC views our "virtually forked" coins to Bitcoin holders to not be in circulation so in response our circulating supply has been arbitrarily frozen at 1,195,602 as of November 6th. Since November 6th, we have tried to establish direct contact and consequently we have been waiting for our circulating supply to be corrected. We are now creating this poll to enlist the help of the community in determining a good solution to the problem. Below is a brief description regarding each option and also the spreadsheet that documents everything from the airdrops, first claiming period, virtual fork, development fund addresses, and even the supply from mining. We stopped the calculations at block 84700 so anything that has occurred after that is not accounted for in the spreadsheet. We hope that you find this poll satisfactory and if you have any questions then please be sure to ask.

Sincerely,

Your Bitcore Team

Option 1: Circulating Supply includes the "virtually forked" coins

This option would essentially mean that all coins not currently controlled by the development team are considered in circulation. The numbers are documented below in the spreadsheet and this would mean the circulating supply would be 9,945,943.897515 as of block 84700. We think that this treatment is very fair since the coins are not in our possession and it is exactly how Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and even additional forks have been calculated by CMC.

Option 2: Circulating Supply does not include the "virtually forked" coins but still all of other coins

This option would not consider the "virtually forked" coins to be in circulation but all other coins would still be counted in the circulating supply. The circulating supply for this option would be 1,625,941.46974566. All additional airdrops and coins mined beyond block 84700 would of course have to be added to the running total.

Option 3: Circulating Supply should be permanently frozen at 1,195,602

This option would mean that our circulating supply, despite any proven numbers, would be permanently frozen at 1,195,602.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gzHqrDDCHyfBtA4H4wl15VYHQzwwfULcJq1r4JcVnOA/edit?usp=sharing
Was there any response when, how and if they would consider the virtual forked coins as circulating supply. As there would be: never, when they are transferred from the fork address or when the fork address' amount is changed in any way?
They can't only say, "Sorry guys, it's done. The supply is going to be frozen forever.". Are they going to at least count the future airdrops into the circulating supply? That's all very strange.
Why do they don't count the virtual fork into the circulating supply? The money is accessible for the ones having the needed private key as every other address on the blockchain. I really don't get on what grounds they're arguing to not count the virtual forked coins. What's the criterium for a coin to be count into the circulating supply. There has to be a definition from their side.

IMHO that's completely BS. By their criteria to not count the forked coins, they would have to ignore most of the "sleeping whale" accounts in other blockchains. I really just don't get it and it feels very arbitrary.
That would require a hard fork so I don't think it is the preferable option.

Again, it's hard to counter cmc's arguments and reasons, if we don't know them.
What have cmc comunicated to you so far? I read on their twitter that they had "sent you a msg" after they had reverted our numbers. What did that and eventual follow up messages from them say?
I mean we're kinda working blind here.

All I feel comfortable telling you was the one or two times they have actually answered us the discussion has been completely unproductive. I want to focus on objective things like the data and not subjective things.

Did they ask for some sort of payment? did we say no? Is that why our are numbers have been frozen? If so, Are we considering paying them?

Would really appreciate an honest answer to theese questions. The community deserves it I think.

Otherwise I might as well drop this whole cmc issue, and let it sort itself out. I can't try to solve something, when I feel important pieces of the puzzle missing.

My 2 sats.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
777asianinvasian

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:23:32 AM

Option 1 works for me. Dont know why we would ever choose 2 or 3 but that is beyond me.

gwestcot (OP)

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:54:37 AM

Option 4 , proposal
Define a maximum date to claim the btx to the btc holders and close that topic, The remaining coins are included in the airdrop, can this be done?

Greetings Community,

As many of you know, the Bitcore team have been trying to work through the issues with CMC about our circulating supply being incorrectly displayed. I believe CMC views our "virtually forked" coins to Bitcoin holders to not be in circulation so in response our circulating supply has been arbitrarily frozen at 1,195,602 as of November 6th. Since November 6th, we have tried to establish direct contact and consequently we have been waiting for our circulating supply to be corrected. We are now creating this poll to enlist the help of the community in determining a good solution to the problem. Below is a brief description regarding each option and also the spreadsheet that documents everything from the airdrops, first claiming period, virtual fork, development fund addresses, and even the supply from mining. We stopped the calculations at block 84700 so anything that has occurred after that is not accounted for in the spreadsheet. We hope that you find this poll satisfactory and if you have any questions then please be sure to ask.

Sincerely,

Your Bitcore Team

This option would essentially mean that all coins not currently controlled by the development team are considered in circulation. The numbers are documented below in the spreadsheet and this would mean the circulating supply would be 9,945,943.897515 as of block 84700. We think that this treatment is very fair since the coins are not in our possession and it is exactly how Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and even additional forks have been calculated by CMC.

Option 2: Circulating Supply does not include the "virtually forked" coins but still all of other coins

This option would not consider the "virtually forked" coins to be in circulation but all other coins would still be counted in the circulating supply. The circulating supply for this option would be 1,625,941.46974566. All additional airdrops and coins mined beyond block 84700 would of course have to be added to the running total.

This option would mean that our circulating supply, despite any proven numbers, would be permanently frozen at 1,195,602.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gzHqrDDCHyfBtA4H4wl15VYHQzwwfULcJq1r4JcVnOA/edit?usp=sharing
Was there any response when, how and if they would consider the virtual forked coins as circulating supply. As there would be: never, when they are transferred from the fork address or when the fork address' amount is changed in any way?
They can't only say, "Sorry guys, it's done. The supply is going to be frozen forever.". Are they going to at least count the future airdrops into the circulating supply? That's all very strange.
Why do they don't count the virtual fork into the circulating supply? The money is accessible for the ones having the needed private key as every other address on the blockchain. I really don't get on what grounds they're arguing to not count the virtual forked coins. What's the criterium for a coin to be count into the circulating supply. There has to be a definition from their side.

IMHO that's completely BS. By their criteria to not count the forked coins, they would have to ignore most of the "sleeping whale" accounts in other blockchains. I really just don't get it and it feels very arbitrary.

What have cmc comunicated to you so far? I read on their twitter that they had "sent you a msg" after they had reverted our numbers. What did that and eventual follow up messages from them say?

All I feel comfortable telling you was the one or two times they have actually answered us the discussion has been completely unproductive. I want to focus on objective things like the data and not subjective things.

Did they ask for some sort of payment? did we say no? Is that why our are numbers have been frozen? If so, Are we considering paying them?

Would really appreciate an honest answer to theese questions. The community deserves it I think.

Otherwise I might as well drop this whole cmc issue, and let it sort itself out. I can't try to solve something, when I feel important pieces of the puzzle missing.

My 2 sats.

The answer to all of your questions is no... They aren't paid based on correcting things or listing coins on markets. They are only paid based on advertisement dollars as far as I know.
karimbohne

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:15:59 PM

Please Option 1 its the only good one.
Hadrop.Boyle

Activity: 291
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:52:12 PM

As far as I understand how the other Bitcoin based Currency's are got calculated the only only option to compare between them is Option 1 .
I can't vote but this maybe depends on my "Newbie" status, right?

Wanne get 10% of Cointracking? https://cointracking.info/?ref=M138678
Wanne join Binance Exchange? https://www.binance.com/?ref=11326731
Wanne join Kucoin with Bonus? https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=7QHt5a
nick777

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:06:09 PM

Option 2: +1,500,000 BTX the devs  "rewarded"

1,625,941 BTX +1,500,000 BTX the devs  "rewarded"=3,125,941 BTX circulating supply  correctly

███
██▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄
███
     ▄█████████████████████████████▄    ▄████████▄▄    ▄▄████████▄▄     ▄▄████████▄▄
    █████████████████████████████████ ▄█████████████ ▄██████████████▄▄▄██████████████▄
   ████▀                ▄▄▄▄     ▀██ ▄████▀    ▀▀██▀▄█████▀▀   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀█████▄
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄███▀         ▄████▀         ▄████▀         ███████         █████▄
    ▀██████████████▄  ████          ████           ████▀           █████           █████
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄ ████         ▄████          ▄████            █████           █████
                ▄████ ▀████▄▄    ▄▄████▀ ▄▄     ▄▄████             █████           █████
████████████████████   ▀██████████████▀▄█████████████              █████           █████
██████████████████▀       ▀▀██████▀▀    ▀█████████▀▀               █████           █████
.....SOOM 4th Blockchain

███
▀██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
▄██
███
SOOM Blockchain    ███
    ███
█  ███
█  ███
█  ███
█  ███
█  ███
█  ███
█  ███
█  ███
█  ███
█  ███
    ███
    ███

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄█████       ██████████▄
▄██████  ▄▄▄  ███████████▄
███████  ▄▄▄  ████████████
███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███████
▀██████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██████▀
▀█████            █████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Whitepaper

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Official - News
Sanglotslongs2

Activity: 260
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:16:06 PM

50% premine Smiley Not so bad ! Just but the king's name on it, a little work and here we go ! A full bag of BTC, freshly dumped from lame investor.
keyzersoze

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:58:31 PM

Option 2: +1,500,000 BTX the devs  "rewarded"

1,625,941 BTX +1,500,000 BTX the devs  "rewarded"=3,125,941 BTX circulating supply  correctly

FacePalm.
That's wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
keyzersoze

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:20:47 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2017, 01:08:18 AM by keyzersoze

Option 4 , proposal

Greetings Community,

Sincerely,

Your Bitcore Team

My 2 sats.

The answer to all of your questions is no... They aren't paid based on correcting things or listing coins on markets. They are only paid based on advertisement dollars as far as I know.

Good to hear, appreciate the response.
F***k CMC then, for going all "Jamie Dimon" on us. Trying to keep the price down, probably even buying the dip.
Considering the owner has his bags full of bch, and its about to start pumping any minute now, heh.
Cant have little BTX waltzing in to the top 20, all pink, specced up to its teeth, and steal the limelight.

I say we just keep doing what's gotten us this far, which is making sure everyone is hearing about BTX and what it's capable of. CMC will just end up looking stupid, if they don't update the numbers. Especially if we let everyone know the correct numbers, and about cmc not cooperating. For whatever shady reasons they might have.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1117

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:54:31 AM

Option one since bitcore is not that different from other fork situations

But how long for cmc to correct it?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:06:01 PM

Option one since bitcore is not that different from other fork situations

But how long for cmc to correct it?

I don't know why would someone consider 2 and 3 , option 1  is way better option for bitcore. Really hope cmc will get things done quickly

bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:22:06 PM

Thats good to hear that someday BTX would be like doge coin luckily i dumped this shitcoin earlier.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
askl

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:54:07 PM

This is insane! Why Coinmarketcap is treating BTX differently than any other Fork of BTC?

After all Coinmarketcap should understand that it is a service supported by all of us.

We will not support it any longer if its making wrong judgements and fails to show a neutral stance to all coins.

>> A nice place to post your comment would be here: https://twitter.com/YpsiNine/status/933000345344757762 <<
Whitewidow73

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:49:39 PM

Option 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: