Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:12:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your reasons for using your choice cryptocurrency?  (Read 169 times)
SeizetheMeans (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:54:50 PM

I'm curious as to people's reasons for choosing one crypto over or in addition to another.  Are you in it to buy and sell, day trade or hold and sell?  Are you more interested in the function of one system over another? Do you see ideological ties to your use? Do you consider privacy or security of each?

I am finding it very easy to shift between cryptos especially since finding shapeshift, and am becoming less convinced that it matters what particular crypto you use, as long as it can be translated to and from any other functioning crypto.

I also recently started mining ethereum with a small amount of hashpower and am really fascinated by the number of possibilities for the ethereum system there are.  Also being able to consider dual mining and contributing power to another system is leading me to consider which to support.  Ex. I am really curious to see how a mixed PoW and PoS system works (Decred) but I also have been following LBRY for a long time and would also like to support that system.

Would love to hear others' thoughts.

*** Mods: If this fits best in another section, feel free to relocate. ***

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 04:30:31 AM

I'm curious as to people's reasons for choosing one crypto over or in addition to another.  Are you in it to buy and sell, day trade or hold and sell?  Are you more interested in the function of one system over another? Do you see ideological ties to your use? Do you consider privacy or security of each?

I am finding it very easy to shift between cryptos especially since finding shapeshift, and am becoming less convinced that it matters what particular crypto you use, as long as it can be translated to and from any other functioning crypto.

I also recently started mining ethereum with a small amount of hashpower and am really fascinated by the number of possibilities for the ethereum system there are.  Also being able to consider dual mining and contributing power to another system is leading me to consider which to support.  Ex. I am really curious to see how a mixed PoW and PoS system works (Decred) but I also have been following LBRY for a long time and would also like to support that system.

Would love to hear others' thoughts.

*** Mods: If this fits best in another section, feel free to relocate. ***

FOr me i chose bitcoin over any other cryptocurrency just beacuasr it is much more streamlined and that there is a touch of it being able to withstand the dips and the forks put in its way. IT is also the most widely used and accepted and it helps that it has a big base and communty

cardinalVC

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:17:25 AM

To pay the bills online. That's how I started.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: