Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:46:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who else is fed up with the core development team?  (Read 3278 times)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:18:24 PM

They are hurting the community. So apparently a DDOS cause by old Satoshi written code, that could be used to do a DDOS attack. So yeah when do they do testing? I am guessing never, it sounds like this should have been tested and fixed a longgggggggg time ago.

Guess what, 0.8.3 was just released and it fixed that very issue. You got the devs moving and they fixed what you just described as an issue. Still mad?
0.8.3 released. We can now officially close this thread.

Saturn7

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:57:08 PM

So apparently a DDOS cause by old Satoshi written code, that could be used to do a DDOS attack.

When trying to engineer consensus with words, forming a proper sentences helps.
Where you personally effected by this bug which you didn't know about yesterday?

First there was Fire, then Electricity, and now Bitcoins Wink
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:58:42 PM

Oh now I see! Dev-Team is dangerous! This time they wiped out a tiny helpless thread. What will they attack next?  Roll Eyes

Gweedo calm down.
It is rather about improving things than blaming people.
You got what you have asked for, even though you could have been much more polite.

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
webcoinx

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:01:37 PM

We need a new development team, one that has the morals of not getting paid and being greedy.

you mean....

YOU ?
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:11:20 PM

I am mad cause there testing is bad.

Oh come on. What did you expect? Here you have bitcoin: an experiment, a proof of work, a testbed to determine what a future cryptocurrency would need. And then a bunch of guys with dreams of getting rich quick come along and drag that poor widdle unfinished and unready experiment kicking and screaming into the real world to do something that was never intended, namely be that future cryptocurrency itself.

Why do you think Satoshi left? I think, and I'm not alone in that, it was because of exactly that. Would-be-moneybags coming in by the dozens, pissing all over bitcoins experimental state and yelling at it to "Work goddammit, you filthy whore. Daddy needs a new set of pimp cups."
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:18:45 PM

I'm pretty happy with their work.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 09:23:21 PM

I am fed up with trollish thread like this one.
Dev team, please ignore this thread and keep up the good work.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:28:47 PM

You don't need to be a coder to be a tester.  Why do you spend your time bitching when you could be testing.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:19:08 PM

I'm fed up with gweedo, does that help?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 10:25:40 PM

I know this is going to get me a lot more ignores, but someone has to say it, and if it is me, the so be it. I think they are disgrace to the community. I hope the foundation gets shutdown, and sued for every single penny they have.

Wait a minute, when did the core devs of Bitcoin ever become a part of the Bitcoin foundation? No really, I'm not being sarcastic, if this is the case I'm actually on your side but I'm pretty sure most people including the developers at Bitcoin think the Bitcoin foundation is just a bunch of twats going around being self-appointed leaders of the Bitcoin community.

If you think you can do better then Bitcoin is open source and there's nothing stopping you or anyone else from getting the code and messing with it to your hearts content.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:27:38 PM

I'm fed up with gweedo, does that help?

Why cause I disagree with how a group handles things?
torbank

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:31:01 PM

btcd is out?

Where can I get access to it?
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 10:33:51 PM

btcd is out?

Where can I get access to it?

It starts with "goo" and ends with "gle".

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 10:37:50 PM

Only one or two secs aren't in the foundation and Gavin leads both the foundation and development so I am drawing my own theory.

If that's the case then fuck em and make new currencies, I did remember reading an article though where Amir Taaki was it? Got asked about what he thought of the Bitcoin foundation and he didn't seem to like them very much.
torbank

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:40:15 PM

I don't think google will help me there as btcd hasn't been fully released yet.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 10:40:33 PM

They are hurting the community. So apparently a DDOS cause by old Satoshi written code, that could be used to do a DDOS attack. So yeah when do they do testing? I am guessing never, it sounds like this should have been tested and fixed a longgggggggg time ago. And they all think they deserved to get paid? I have yet to see a worthy thing of them getting paid. I guess taking interviews, and slamming companies just takes up that testing time.

We need a new development team, one that has the morals of not getting paid and being greedy.

I know this is going to get me a lot more ignores, but someone has to say it, and if it is me, the so be it. I think they are disgrace to the community. I hope the foundation gets shutdown, and sued for every single penny they have.

I think the core dev team is doing a good job.  

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:13:08 PM

I don't think google will help me there as btcd hasn't been fully released yet.

Googled btcd, second link: https://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/btcd

At the bottom are the links to all the live code repositories for the various subprojects.

Damn, I'm tired from all that hard work Wink.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 11:14:52 PM

If OP is not being sarcastic, which I suspect he may be, this is preposterous. Thousands maybe millions of people get working Bitcoin (remember it's essentially magic money) software for free, how is this possibly anything except amazing?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
bbulker

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:15:06 PM

I agree with those saying they are doing a good job.

OP, if you're good at testing for bugs, test the client yourself. If you're not equipped to test the client, hire someone that is. If you don't want to do either, find a way to contribute to the community other than complaints.
torbank

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:26:56 PM

Googled btcd, second link: https://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/btcd

At the bottom are the links to all the live code repositories for the various subprojects.

Damn, I'm tired from all that hard work Wink.

I'm aware of and have been watching the releases of the core packages.

My original, mildly tongue in cheek, question to gweedo was about btcd in it's entirety, considering that it hasn't been officially released.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: