Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:12:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who else is fed up with the core development team?  (Read 3278 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:14:56 PM

They are hurting the community. So apparently a DDOS cause by old Satoshi written code, that could be used to do a DDOS attack. So yeah when do they do testing? I am guessing never, it sounds like this should have been tested and fixed a longgggggggg time ago. And they all think they deserved to get paid? I have yet to see a worthy thing of them getting paid. I guess taking interviews, and slamming companies just takes up that testing time.

We need a new development team, one that has the morals of not getting paid and being greedy.

I know this is going to get me a lot more ignores, but someone has to say it, and if it is me, the so be it. I think they are disgrace to the community. I hope the foundation gets shutdown, and sued for every single penny they have.

And before people tell me that I should switch clients and vote with my downloads, that is easier said then done, but I am in the process and most my servers run my own "client" plus two other clients, (Supernode (Java) and btcd (Go))
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 06:18:37 PM

Not me.

Keep up the good work gents.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:20:25 PM

They are hurting the community. So apparently a DDOS cause by old Satoshi written code, that could be used to do a DDOS attack. So yeah when do they do testing? I am guessing never, it sounds like this should have been tested and fixed a longgggggggg time ago. And they all think they deserved to get paid? I have yet to see a worthy thing of them getting paid. I guess taking interviews, and slamming companies just takes up that testing time.

We need a new development team, one that has the morals of not getting paid and being greedy.

I know this is going to get me a lot more ignores, but someone has to say it, and if it is me, the so be it. I think they are disgrace to the community. I hope the foundation gets shutdown, and sued for every single penny they have.

And before people tell me that I should switch clients and vote with my downloads, that is easier said then done, but I am in the process and most my servers run my own "client" plus two other clients, (Supernode (Java) and btcd (Go))

thats like your opinion man.

jaywaka2713

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:24:50 PM

If the devs were actually doing damage to Bitcoin, things would change. Give me one example of them trying to mess up Bitcoin. No programmer is perfect, and no code is perfect either. Shit gets fixed as it gets fixed. Calm down. If you have giant issues with the client bugs or whatever, pick up a C++ book and release patches for them by yourself. The code is open-source.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:28:04 PM

Development team. Keep up the good work.

Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:29:14 PM

I disagree, finding all possible bugs in a bigger software is a lifetime job.
They are doing a good job so far.
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 06:32:58 PM

You can also vote with your development skills.  Grin Wink

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
jaywaka2713

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:40:05 PM

Not really, that should have been an easy test and fix.

If so, why haven't you proposed a solution, alongside producing code to fix it?

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:41:22 PM

You can also vote with your development skills.  Grin Wink
Or with your Bitcoins.
Shawshank
Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1608

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:48:08 PM

As a software architect myself, I am very happy with the core development team.

Keep up the good work.

Lightning Address: shawshank@getalby.com
Shawshank
Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1608

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:07:14 PM

As a software architect myself, I am very happy with the core development team.

Keep up the good work.

Your software architect and your happy with them? I don't want work for you, I am curious what company do you do software architecting for, I want to make sure I don't buy their software.

Worked as an architect for a European central bank some time back... I know how difficult it is to keep in check all possible attack vectors. The core development team is doing a great job. 

Lightning Address: shawshank@getalby.com
ixne

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:10:19 PM

I think Casascius summed this up nicely last year:

Well, the reality is that Bitcoin is far from perfect (in the financial software engineering realm) and has an unfortunate property of attracting some of the worst programming anti-talent. The profession of software engineering is completely unregulated, neither legaly nor morally. This is unlike eg. construction engineering, where enough people died in collapsed structures or simply lost the roof over their head to understand the value of the "building code". Similarly, one doesn't have to be electrical engineer to understand the value of "electrical code" or a firefighter to understand the value of "fire safety code".

Right, we should be looking at the big corporations for an example of how to properly organize and write software that isn't so anti-talented.  Like Microsoft, who has had half a dozen tries to get their calculator right with every new release of Windows (I assume this calculator is used often in the same "financial world" you're talking about).  In spite of an update mechanism that would let them push out unlimited revisions they felt were necessary, even in fully-patched and up-to-date Windows 7 x64, when faced with something as simple as sqrt(4) - 2 (which should be zero), it gives some ridiculous negative number with lots of decimal places.

That's besides the main point: obviously you come with a lot of good ideas as to how Bitcoin needs to scale and evolve into world-class work.  But showing up and running your mouth and copping an attitude of contempt toward the other contributors to the project isn't a particularly effective way to contribute.  Assuming you genuinely care about the project, unless you plan to implement all your ideas yourself, try to be less of an asshole, so that you can spend your social capital on organizing others' efforts to steer the project the way you think it ought to go, instead of blowing it all on an ill-conceived plot to look like the baddest badass the forum has ever seen.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:17:42 PM

Never knew about that Windows calculator bug. What a steaming pile.

BIGMERVE

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 07:21:37 PM

If anything them getting paid is a positive. It allows them to focus more on bitcoin instead of other jobs or commitments.

Kettenmonster

Activity: 420

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:22:12 PM

dev team? Oh yes, great job well done!

Ok maybe there is some more work to do.
Could be priorities might be arguable.
So what? Such is life!

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:58:14 PM

I'm not fed up with them at all. They seem to be rational, reasonable people who are disciplined in their approach to the work. They've done a pretty damn good job thus far. My only complaint is the significant amount of Technical Debt that has accumulated but that's common in almost every software project.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:03:59 PM

These are volunteers, and I think they put in great efforts!
lbr

Activity: 423
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:06:39 PM

Who are  those "we", or is it a royal 'we'?
Software works and is popular -> software is 'good' ; )
Found a bug? Report it. Or fix it. Can't fix it - hire a developer to fix it. Or hire developers and create your own client(if you are right you will even make some money) which will suit your/that community u are talking about needs.

Can't fix the bug or hire s1 to fix the bug or make something usefull? Yeah.. go whine about "developers hurting community" on the forum..

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
cgminer 2.11.13 x64 portable for Mac OS X 10.6.8
6+ GPUs driver mod for Windows
jaywaka2713

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:07:51 PM

They are hurting the community. So apparently a DDOS cause by old Satoshi written code, that could be used to do a DDOS attack. So yeah when do they do testing? I am guessing never, it sounds like this should have been tested and fixed a longgggggggg time ago.

Guess what, 0.8.3 was just released and it fixed that very issue. You got the devs moving and they fixed what you just described as an issue. Still mad?

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:09:41 PM

If the devs were actually doing damage to Bitcoin, things would change. Give me one example of them trying to mess up Bitcoin. No programmer is perfect, and no code is perfect either. Shit gets fixed as it gets fixed. Calm down. If you have giant issues with the client bugs or whatever, pick up a C++ book and release patches for them by yourself. The code is open-source.

+1

It is an open source project, anybody can contribute. If you do not know how to code yourself, you could hire a programmer to work on the things you want changed. If you cannot code and you have no money, then nobody cares what you think; go get a job or learn how to code and then come back  and talk to us later.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: