Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:39:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chase shut down BitSpend's accounts  (Read 704 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 06:17:06 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitSpend/comments/1go95b/updatenews_why_we_have_been_slow_and_taking/

Chase bank and another bank, have both decided that we as a Bitcoin based business are "Too High Risk" of clients, and have frozen/shut down our accounts. We were NOT given notice, and we were simply told "your funds will be sent to you by check within 30 days". This is not something we were ever warned about, given notice of, or even received the courtesy of a phone call from the bank beforehand.

This sucks. I was shopping online and wanted to buy something. I don't carry my debit card with me any more because I usually just use bitcoins via BitSpend.

I think the solution to this is a decentralized BitSpend type of service. Have a p2p app, you sign up as a willing purchaser...someone enters a link to the product they want to buy, you submit your offer to buy it for them for BTC...based on your rating they go ahead and send you the BTC, you purchase it and have it shipped to the buyer.

The key issue there would be the trust factor unless third party escrows could also be coded in.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:15:03 PM

This sucks. I was shopping online and wanted to buy something. I don't carry my debit card with me any more because I usually just use bitcoins via BitSpend.

I think the solution to this is a decentralized BitSpend type of service. Have a p2p app, you sign up as a willing purchaser...someone enters a link to the product they want to buy, you submit your offer to buy it for them for BTC...based on your rating they go ahead and send you the BTC, you purchase it and have it shipped to the buyer.

The key issue there would be the trust factor unless third party escrows could also be coded in.
Good idea
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: