Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin tutorials  (Read 982 times)
Nepherius (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 06:49:47 PM

I recently made a site with bitcoin tutorials, I would like some opinions, suggestions like what should I add or if you spot any bad info, any feedback is welcomed.
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:16:44 PM

not working  Huh
Code:
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Nepherius (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 07:20:15 PM

not working  Huh
Code:
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Sorry about that, because some ddos attempt toward my host some countries are banned, you can access it with a proxy Sad
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1569

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:15:06 PM

That is not a nice start. I'll just use bitcoin.it instead.
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:25:56 PM

working now,
and neatly done. 
Cheers
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:43:39 PM

No it is not working for me. He's probably banned my country. Just geoip blocked any country that he didn't like the sound off.
Nepherius (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 09:47:00 PM

No it is not working for me. He's probably banned my country. Just geoip blocked any country that he didn't like the sound off.

I don't have anything with any country, my host blocked several countries where it was getting constant attacks from. Sorry if you can't access it without a proxy it's out of my control.
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:48:51 PM

Yeah, sure, it is out of your control. Your host is forcing you to pay them for limited access hosting.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:13:38 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 03:30:06 AM by franky1

BitCoin is a crypto-currency, its creation and transfer is based on an open source cryptographic protocol and is not managed by any central authority, simply put BitCoin is a decentralized digital currency.

Bitcoin uses a PTP (peer-to-peer) technology to operate, BitCoins can be transferred Worldwide instantly with almost no processing fees since there is no intermediary and the coins are transferred from person to person, all transaction are final and don’t require your PC to be online when you receive them.

How to create new BitCoins ?

New bitcoins are created by the network through “mining“, in a process that is similar to a continuous raffle draw, mining nodes on the network are awarded bitcoins each time they find the solution to a certain mathematical problem (and thereby create a new block). The reward for solving a block is automatically adjusted so that roughly every four years of operation of the Bitcoin network, half the amount of bitcoins created in the prior 4 years are created.

How to get BitCoins?

There are several ways you can get BitCoins, you can receive them as payment, you can buy them with regular currency, mine them or even get them online by completing offers, viewing videos, affiliate programs or completely free from bitcoin “Faucets”.

BitCoin??  - Capital C, no thanks
nearly every transaction seems to want atleast 0.0001BTC fee..  try rephrasing to very low fee's, as its worded like only 1 out of 100 transactions request a fee.
try: individuals within the network - makes it sound less like everyone mines automatically without choice
continuous raffle draw makes it sound like its random. the actual fact is the fastest machine wins. EG if everyone solomined. GPU miners would get no chance. ASIC miners would solve every block. its not a chance based game where everyone has an equal chance (raffle)
The reward for solving a block is automatically adjusted so that roughly every four years of operation of the Bitcoin network, half the amount of bitcoins created in the prior 4 years are created.
try:
The reward for solving a block started as 50BTC in 2009 and the reward per block halves every 4 years, ensuring a finite supply of 21 million coins eventually.

try:you can receive them as payment from offering goods or services as a merchant, business or trader - gives it more emphases, as there seems to be a lack of merchant adoption.
using only 6 words to highlight merchant possibilities.. then 12 words to explain how to get them free, physcologically leaves people thinking they don't have much value try emphasising the business proposition more and condensing the free giveaway explanation

i say all of this from going round speaking to many merchants, users and investors. and having many different 'sales pitches which limit the doubts in peoples minds by how the message first comes across.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Nepherius (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 08:44:00 AM

Thanks for the detailed feedback franky, I adjusted  the text Smiley
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:15:48 AM

Hi Nepherius, very well done! Since it's an "how to" website, you might want to expand the "backup" and "encrypt" part in order to avoid visitors going somewhere else to learn how to do that! Just a suggestion but I think it might be useful to do it.. anyway, good job!

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
Nepherius (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 11:17:14 AM

Hi Nepherius, very well done! Since it's an "how to" website, you might want to expand the "backup" and "encrypt" part in order to avoid visitors going somewhere else to learn how to do that! Just a suggestion but I think it might be useful to do it.. anyway, good job!

Thanks, I guess I could make a step by step guide for 1 of the wallets.
kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:49:05 AM

Great! Please be sure that I don't want at all to devalueate the great job you've done!
But since you can probably generate some earnings with that, I would suggest to do something to keep your visitors IN your website rahter that having them reading about, for example, encrypting a wallet, and then jumping out to another website because they cannot find out how to do it on your one.

Good luck!

Nepherius (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 03:50:19 PM

Updated bitcoin wallets page with a short armory tutorial.
kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:49:42 PM

Updated bitcoin wallets page with a short armory tutorial.

Great, well done!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: