Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:21:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Interest check] 1/10th oz GOLD bitcoin coin  (Read 344 times)
killyou73 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 185

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:19:46 PM

Any interest in this? Design would be the same as my silver one, only it would be stamped with .999 gold and have a serial number engraved by a professional engraver.

Price would be [(spot price of the gold)+ ($100)].

If there's enough people interested and that want to reserve numbers than I will set up a pre-pay with an escrow (probably minerjones)

Numbered ones would be limited to the first 15. Any after that would not be numbered

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:24:46 PM

I wouldn't be interested since the price of 3 grams of gold is around $150 and a $100 premium is quite large per coin in my eyes.  Maybe if the premium was a lot lower per piece.

killyou73 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:29:21 PM

I wouldn't be interested since the price of 3 grams of gold is around $150 and a $100 premium is quite large per coin in my eyes.  Maybe if the premium was a lot lower per piece.

The only way to get the premium lower is to either sell a lot via presales or find a better supplier of the blanks, or move up to a bigger size coin because that would push it way down. My cost per blank for these is $50.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5915

Meh.

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:30:29 PM

The only way to get the premium lower is to either sell a lot via presales or find a better supplier of the blanks, or move up to a bigger size coin because that would push it way down. My cost per blank for these is $50.

So make 100 of them and lower the premium to $55. That'll earn you a cool $500.

killyou73 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:32:15 PM

I didn't realize I didn't have to pay for the stamp, or for them to be stamped.

Would you buy 100 of them at that price?!
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5915

Meh.

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:36:06 PM

I didn't realize I didn't have to pay for the stamp, or for them to be stamped.

Would you buy 100 of them at that price?!

a $55 premium on a 1/10th oz gold coin would be somewhat interesting to me. However if they were to look the same as the silver ones I would not be too interested. Sorry.

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:39:05 PM

The premium would be more justified if these were an actual wallet as well, not sure if that's a possibility.

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1752

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:43:19 PM

Your numbers seem odd.  If your cost for 1/10 oz gold blank is $50 that means you are paying $500 per ounce.  Gold is at $1,289 per ounce.  Is the gold 0.999 (24k)?

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
killyou73 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:45:24 PM

Your numbers seem odd.  If your cost for 1/10 oz gold blank is $50 that means you are paying $500 per ounce.  Gold is at $1,289 per ounce.  Is the gold 0.999 (24k)?

Yes it's. 999 24kt. The price for the blanks are spot price +50.

And before buckrogers post, I'll gladly pay whatever outrageous fee he has in order to test them
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:49:51 PM

Your numbers seem odd.  If your cost for 1/10 oz gold blank is $50 that means you are paying $500 per ounce.  Gold is at $1,289 per ounce.  Is the gold 0.999 (24k)?

And before buckrogers post, I'll gladly pay whatever outrageous fee he has in order to test them

You are getting killed on the blank prices, that is absolutely ridiculous.

dolphriends

Activity: 1750
Merit: 440

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:50:40 PM

What does your silver one look like?  Could you post a picture of it.

Thanks
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:00:37 PM

Funny, In the past I think i've offered to test pieces for some people at no charge whatsoever Smiley

It's not a public service, but i'm sure we can make it one if thats what you are suggesting?

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
killyou73 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:52:20 PM

Funny, In the past I think i've offered to test pieces for some people at no charge whatsoever Smiley

It's not a public service, but i'm sure we can make it one if thats what you are suggesting?

thanks!

The last time we spoke I believe there was a nominal fee, if memory serves me right you where going to set up a service for people to get their items tested. However if memory really server me correct, you offered to test my first coins for free.

I would agree with you there.
killyou73 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:00:26 PM

What does your silver one look like?  Could you post a picture of it.

Thanks

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FMk20xyv.jpg&t=582&c=6duCxzuY3rtUTA

I think that link should work for them
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:25:43 PM

You're paying around 180 usd per 1/10 oz gold blank.  You can get a 1/10 oz gold panda for significantly less than the price of your blanks.

Where are you sourcing the blanks and can you shop around?

buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:29:23 PM

thanks!

The last time we spoke I believe there was a nominal fee, if memory serves me right you where going to set up a service for people to get their items tested. However if memory really server me correct, you offered to test my first coins for free.

Well as long as you remember correctly Smiley

dolphriends

Activity: 1750
Merit: 440

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:03:27 AM

Not interested but, then again I am invisible. Smiley Smiley
killyou73 (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:16:42 AM

thanks!

What do you remember? I'll pull the messages tomorrow but I feel like I'm right
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:19:44 AM

Not interested but, then again I am invisible. Smiley Smiley

Shhh.... You are not alone. Enjoy the comedy though. 👍

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:38:51 AM

thanks!

What do you remember? I'll pull the messages tomorrow but I feel like I'm right

Dude you are out of your mind for real.

Not sure how you veered way off your own topic by mentioning a random free test and now it seems you are being even more foolish to think thats what people care about.

You asked about any interest on your overpriced coin, which you received much feedback about, and it was not positive.

You are beating a dead horse as they say.

Maybe if you want to be taken seriously as a coin maker you would have taken the long list of advice from
many actual established coin makers here in this forum. (Myself not included as a maker) and stop trying to pump out random crap here to sell.

You asked and you got replies and advice many many times here and in your past attempts of carving with a blunt tool into a piece of metal to sell.

They say insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Time to take a look in the mirror.

Thanks!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: