Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:53:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ** Official ** Cryptsy funds are safe and secure  (Read 11087 times)
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:20:42 PM

I logged in a few min ago to get my frank addy lol! Typed anyone home in the chat, lulz!

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:33:38 PM

I logged in a few min ago to get my frank addy lol! Typed anyone home in the chat, lulz!

Hope you had 0 money in the account and had different passwords for other exchanges and used an account specific email and are now going to change all of that when the site is back to normal....

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 11:38:47 PM

Hope you had 0 money in the account and had different passwords for other exchanges and used an account specific email and are now going to change all of that when the site is back to normal....
I agree on this one.
Else prepare to get hacked everywhere..

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
snowcrashed

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:47:50 PM

Hmm well I can access the site as per normal now, but ssl still isn't active and there's a little "Protected & Accelerated by Incapsula" pop-out on the side.
LosingAlpha

Activity: 189

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 11:49:47 PM

You lose at Internet.

BitJohn (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:53:55 PM

Site is up waiting for SSL generation with new security service.
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:55:25 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

Mine is still pointing to secure.4rx.com over here. Interesting that you are getting something different.

From BigVern on Cryptsy's Chatbox:

BigVern: @erpbridge: whoever made those screenshots prob has a virus then

....so I suggest you guys go get your virus scanners fixed.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 11:58:48 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

Mine is still pointing to secure.4rx.com over here. Interesting that you are getting something different.

Wrong that's coming from chroome and I had that a while ago too, now it's gone, and in my case it was a different url.. but heey i have a virus said the smart guy..
Tried again now it's another even more different url, but that's just my viruses..  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
LosingAlpha

Activity: 189

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 12:04:16 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

Definitely not a virus, happened here on a stock iPad, a stock android device, and a clean win7 build.

Absolutely, categorically *not* a virus.

weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:04:59 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

What does he say about the invalid certificate warnings regarding other domains, namely:

Code:
professionalperformanceonline.nl
secure.4rx.com

which several users here reported and which resolve to IPs associated with Incapsula.com, the DDoS mitigation service crytpsy are now apparently using as well?

If he thinks a virus is the most probable explanation then cryptsy needs a new security team. This should be fully resolved in cooperation with Incapsula, immediately, and a full attack mitigation statement and impact report be published here and on the site if there is any interested in maintaining a base level of user trust. The site doesn't even offer two-factor authentication and now a potential MITM is about to be swept under the "must be a virus" rug?

And nobody should login before any of that is resolved

kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:05:57 AM

not a virus, just looks like an invalid cert config

nhminer

Activity: 473

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:07:06 AM

No, this is just a warning from chrome that your DNS record is still hosed.  It will take a while until the dns poisoning goes away

BCH - 1EshwUEg9LRbY5WMSw7bkBGQUYQeenkcet
bigvern

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 12:08:17 AM

Chrome just gave me a warning message when I tried to access cryptsy stating that the server was identified as secure.4rx.com. What's the deal with that?

SSL is down
SSL requests not supported for www.cryptsy.com
The site is not configured with SSL support.

It is not down, it is serving an invalid SSL certificate issued to an unrelated entity (secure.4rx.com) which might indicate a quite serious man-in-the-middle attack

Code:
www.cryptsy.com resolves to IP 166.78.0.180 Rackspace Hosting, Texas
secure.4rx.com resolves to IP 199.83.132.157 Incapsula, Delaware

Nobody should try to login even if the site comes back until this is fully resolved

UPDATE EDIT: now www.cryptsy.com resolves to IP 199.83.128.157, also Incapsula, North Carolina

Seems like Incapsula.com offers some DDoS protection and general web security and cryptsy.com just put them in front of their site? So at least not a MITM attack but possibly just some Incapsula fuckup

Please confirm BitJohn

Yes, we are using Incapsula.   Still finishing the ssl setup with them.
bigvern

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 12:09:18 AM

John, can you please post the real IP address for cryptsy.com

I believe it is 166.78.0.180 but just want to confirm it.

~nh

Ip changes from time to time and you should not be accessing the site using the ip

BigVern
nhminer

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:13:28 AM

~nh

Ip changes from time to time and you should not be accessing the site using the ip

BigVern

What is your SOA for DNS?  nslookup still returns the incapsula.com records

a:\BA\main>nslookup cryptsy.com 75.75.75.75
Server:  cdns01.comcast.net
Address:  75.75.75.75

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    cryptsy.com
Addresses:  199.83.133.236

I thought it was rackspace, but that wont' let me query it.

a:\BA\main>nslookup cryptsy.com ns1.rackspace.com
Server:  ns.rackspace.com
Address:  69.20.95.4

*** ns.rackspace.com can't find cryptsy.com: Query refused

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:14:38 AM

~nh

BigVern

it is my understanding that cryptsy will now operate under incapsulas dns protection layer/cdn network

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
bigvern

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 12:16:17 AM

~nh

BigVern

Incapsula is the correct entry.   That is our new security service.

BigVern
nhminer

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:26:23 AM

Incapsula is the correct entry.   That is our new security service.

BigVern

Ok, but your cryptsy.co, is not valid for their certificate.

www.cryptsy.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
  incapsula.com , *.aguasandinas.cl , *.aldimobile.com.au , *.alyn.org , *.api.sell-n.com , *.astabis.com , *.b54.com , *.bancdeswiss.com , *.banggood.com , *.bank54.com , *.careyou.com.au , *.chc.com.sg , *.e-c.co.il , *.empireoption.com , *.epaydataonline.com , *.forexmagnates.com , *.gcmforex.com , *.grouploop.com , *.hallmarkinstantstreaming.com , *.hallmarkspiritclips.com , *.ioption.com , *.kaboodlehq.com , *.kaboodlepilot.com , *.liderforex.com , *.manage.cm , *.minit.com , *.my.truck-n.com , *.ordertickets.ca , *.partitionhost.com , *.paycall.co.il , *.pinklily.com.au , *.rushmorebingo.com , *.servertastic.com , *.smarttradefx.com , *.spicy.com.br , *.stormbattle.net , *.tamuvu.com , *.traderush.com , *.traderxp.com , *.videntfinancial.com , *.vipbinary.com , *.winoptions.com , *.xfcu.org , *.yakitome.com , *.zenobiajewellery.com , aldimobile.com.au , alyn.org , api.sell-n.com , astabis.com , b54.com , bancdeswiss.com , banggood.com , careyou.com.au , chc.com.sg , cp.truststream.co.uk , elpmultimedia.com , empireoption.com , epaydataonline.com , forexmagnates.com , gcmforex.com , hallmarkinstantstreaming.com , hallmarkspiritclips.com , ioption.com , kaboodlehq.com , kaboodlepilot.com , liderforex.com , manage.cm , minit.com , my.truck-n.com , ordertickets.ca , partitionhost.com , paycall.co.il , pinklily.com.au , recettage.ria.neopod.fm-ged.com , redcappi.com , rushmorebingo.com , servertastic.com , smarttradefx.com , spicy.com.br , stormbattle.net , tamuvu.com , traderush.com , traderxp.com , videntfinancial.com , vipbinary.com , winoptions.com , www.e-c.co.il , www.elpmultimedia.com , www.homologpedidos.sodexho.com.br , www.redcappi.com , xfcu.org , yakitome.com , zenobiajewellery.com 

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

~nh

Eli0t

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:27:07 AM

just did a force refresh and got the same ^

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
weav

Activity: 350

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:44:30 AM

Incapsula is the correct entry.   That is our new security service.

BigVern

Ok, but your cryptsy.co, is not valid for their certificate.

www.cryptsy.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
  incapsula.com , *.aguasandinas.cl , *.aldimobile.com.au , *.alyn.org , *.api.sell-n.com , *.astabis.com , *.b54.com , *.bancdeswiss.com , *.banggood.com , *.bank54.com , *.careyou.com.au , *.chc.com.sg , *.e-c.co.il , *.empireoption.com , *.epaydataonline.com , *.forexmagnates.com , *.gcmforex.com , *.grouploop.com , *.hallmarkinstantstreaming.com , *.hallmarkspiritclips.com , *.ioption.com , *.kaboodlehq.com , *.kaboodlepilot.com , *.liderforex.com , *.manage.cm , *.minit.com , *.my.truck-n.com , *.ordertickets.ca , *.partitionhost.com , *.paycall.co.il , *.pinklily.com.au , *.rushmorebingo.com , *.servertastic.com , *.smarttradefx.com , *.spicy.com.br , *.stormbattle.net , *.tamuvu.com , *.traderush.com , *.traderxp.com , *.videntfinancial.com , *.vipbinary.com , *.winoptions.com , *.xfcu.org , *.yakitome.com , *.zenobiajewellery.com , aldimobile.com.au , alyn.org , api.sell-n.com , astabis.com , b54.com , bancdeswiss.com , banggood.com , careyou.com.au , chc.com.sg , cp.truststream.co.uk , elpmultimedia.com , empireoption.com , epaydataonline.com , forexmagnates.com , gcmforex.com , hallmarkinstantstreaming.com , hallmarkspiritclips.com , ioption.com , kaboodlehq.com , kaboodlepilot.com , liderforex.com , manage.cm , minit.com , my.truck-n.com , ordertickets.ca , partitionhost.com , paycall.co.il , pinklily.com.au , recettage.ria.neopod.fm-ged.com , redcappi.com , rushmorebingo.com , servertastic.com , smarttradefx.com , spicy.com.br , stormbattle.net , tamuvu.com , traderush.com , traderxp.com , videntfinancial.com , vipbinary.com , winoptions.com , www.e-c.co.il , www.elpmultimedia.com , www.homologpedidos.sodexho.com.br , www.redcappi.com , xfcu.org , yakitome.com , zenobiajewellery.com  

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

~nh

Wow, is this real? They are using one SSL certificate for all of their customers which simply includes a giant list of all the domain names, meaning every Incapsula customer could potentially impersonate every other? So banggood.com can just MITM cryptsy.com if they manage to mess with their DNS records for example. Not sure if this is a CDN requirement or something but it does sound kinda shitty to me...

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: