Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:50:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin DOWN, Litecoin UP  (Read 4959 times)
S3052 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:45:44 AM

Litecoin was conceived as silver to Bitcoin's gold by design. I actually would expect a variation of the LTC/BTC price over time in many ways comparable to that of silver/gold. I actually would also expect a high degree of correlation between LTC and BTC over time when compared to USD, EUR, CAD etc.  Is it possible to trade LTC/BTC profitably. Of course just like silver/gold. As for charts the chart that I find the most interesting over time is LTC/BTC rather than LTC/USD.

I agree, at first I have been very focused on LTC/USD but for the past weeks I have shifted my attention more to the LTC/BTC price more.

it makes a lot of sense to monitor the LTC/BTC ratio, similar to the Silver/Gold ratio

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:11:52 AM

Sorry, will not support scam-coins. ( alt-coin ? ... same as blockchain fork to me, I will stay on longer chain )

Litecoin would be the absolute LEAST scammy of the alt-coins and the blockchain is 50% longer  Tongue
Namecoin actually provides an innovative use case, and not if you weight by difficulty, which is how cryptocurrencies judge chain length.
\///\

That! Namecoin. It is a decentralized basis DNS, and works together with the BTC and does not compete with him. That's what I keep part of my investment portfolio. All the rest - parasitism, similar fungi on trees. IMHO Undecided

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:20:35 AM

Litecoin was conceived as silver to Bitcoin's gold by design. I actually would expect a variation of the LTC/BTC price over time in many ways comparable to that of silver/gold. I actually would also expect a high degree of correlation between LTC and BTC over time when compared to USD, EUR, CAD etc.  Is it possible to trade LTC/BTC profitably. Of course just like silver/gold. As for charts the chart that I find the most interesting over time is LTC/BTC rather than LTC/USD.

I agree, at first I have been very focused on LTC/USD but for the past weeks I have shifted my attention more to the LTC/BTC price more.

it makes a lot of sense to monitor the LTC/BTC ratio, similar to the Silver/Gold ratio

Are there any good resources to investigate this?

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 07:03:57 AM

Sorry, will not support scam-coins. ( alt-coin ? ... same as blockchain fork to me, I will stay on longer chain )

Litecoin would be the absolute LEAST scammy of the alt-coins and the blockchain is 50% longer  Tongue
Namecoin actually provides an innovative use case, and not if you weight by difficulty, which is how cryptocurrencies judge chain length.
\///\

That! Namecoin. It is a decentralized basis DNS, and works together with the BTC and does not compete with him. That's what I keep part of my investment portfolio. All the rest - parasitism, similar fungi on trees. IMHO Undecided

I totally agree.  NMC are surely the most interesting alt-coin, and right now a lot of development is going on in the community (after no development happened for a long time).

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:29:24 AM

gold > silver > NMC > BTC/LTC

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:41:18 AM

I have to admit OP I love the title of the thread.

Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:43:34 AM

Last LTC/BTC trade: 0.02732 BTC

*4 (total future money supply of Bitcoin's) = 0.10928. Over 10% valuation of Litecoin versus Bitcoin? I wouldn't even be willing to bet on that if I granted Litecoin a "backup" or "silver" function since that would be at a much lower valuation. Anyone buying at current levels for anything a little more longer term is betting on Litecoin dethroning Bitcoin as "#1 Digital Cash/Gold". Is the probability for that better than 10%? Very doubtful.

Litecoin does not have to dethrone Bitcoin in order to be successful. Silver didnt have to dethrone gold to be successful and recognized right?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

S3052 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:06:47 PM

Last LTC/BTC trade: 0.02732 BTC

*4 (total future money supply of Bitcoin's) = 0.10928. Over 10% valuation of Litecoin versus Bitcoin? I wouldn't even be willing to bet on that if I granted Litecoin a "backup" or "silver" function since that would be at a much lower valuation. Anyone buying at current levels for anything a little more longer term is betting on Litecoin dethroning Bitcoin as "#1 Digital Cash/Gold". Is the probability for that better than 10%? Very doubtful.

Litecoin does not have to dethrone Bitcoin in order to be successful. Silver didnt have to dethrone gold to be successful and recognized right?

This is true
Long term speaking , both, bitcoin and litecoin are in uptrends

dragony

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:06:08 PM

I really don't like Litecoin that much, it seems to me that it serves to miners only. I don't like the name. From marketing point of view it is a weak Bitcoin so there is no way it will even touch bigger fraction of the BTC price.

I had around 200 Litecoins - bad investment, I've sold them with little loss two days before thanks to a bubble which has developed now. Becaus MtGox said it will implement LTC or I don't know.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:01:07 PM

Anytime there is a market space and there is only 1 option, there will be more....resistance is futile   Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:08:31 PM

Litecoin has increased in anticipation of a boom in price when added on Gox.I myself purchased some.
However looking at the trades i've seen giant walls of 2,000 btc put and pulled to support prices.
IMO Litecoin is more prone to manipulation currently..

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:19:18 PM

Litecoin has increased in anticipation of a boom in price when added on Gox.I myself purchased some.
However looking at the trades i've seen giant walls of 2,000 btc put and pulled to support prices.

Of course it is! Much like Bitcoin when it was $2-3... Bitcoin still is, though it is a much more costly operation now.

Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:25:20 PM

Wait .. soon early adopters start to dump 18,871,750 scam-coins :-)
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:35:23 PM

Bitcoin went through the same phase.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:09:32 PM

Wait .. soon early adopters start to dump 18,871,750 scam-coins :-)

Litecoin trading on Gox may end up the other way in terms of pricing.With massive coin supply, hoarders dream of $5-$10 coins and everyone looking for quick profits , investors might get turned off seeing the amount of coins on offer...

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 09:13:43 PM

+1

It's remarkable how similar the trajectories of bitcoin and litecoin are... even down to the criticisms of litecoins from the incumbent (bitcoin) community...
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:59:28 PM

There was not 18M BTC when Gox starts trading them. (a lot of BTC was lost when early miners though they are useless .. what about Litecoin ?)
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:26:17 AM

There was not 18M BTC when Gox starts trading them. (a lot of BTC was lost when early miners though they are useless .. what about Litecoin ?)

The # is arbitrary. To say that there is more litecoins than bitcoins does not prove much other than that the expect price should be LTC < BTC. Another moot point.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

XxionxX

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

Digital money you say?

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:19:55 PM

I really don't understand the comparisons of Litecoin to silver, they aren't even apples to oranges. It is more like apples to EVE isk.

Seriously, there are no significant distinctions between the two currencies. The only real difference is the network effect(it is money because people say it is etc.). Bitcoin has the crowd and Litecoin doesn't, simple as that.

Now Freicoin on the other hand has a very innovative approach. The only thing I don't like about Freicoin is that it is pre seeded to the devs. Inflationary innovation or no, no one will jump on board with that kind of nonsense.

Silver is an entirely different element with different properties! It has industrial purposes! How does that mean Litecoin has a place with bitcoin!?

If anything, Freicoin would be the silver to bitcoin's gold. An inflationary currency next to a deflationary one.

FAP Turbo 2.0, the FOREX trading robot which also trades bitcoin!

I had to link it because I love the name. Seriously, that is the real name.
S3052 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:10:40 PM

the litcoin price rally goes on in the litecoin chart ...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: