Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:02:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PushButtonGetBitcoin.com - A bitcoin faucet/offer wall  (Read 1544 times)
Misic1891 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:59:46 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 09:51:51 PM by Misic1891

http://PushButtonGetBitcoin.com

I recently opened a site in which users can submit their bitcoin address, and receive bitcoins by pushing a button for 20uBTC every 12 hours, or completing offers for varying amounts of bitcoins.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments feel free to respond in this thread I'm open to pretty much any suggestion.

I'm still working on payout amounts and such based on what is feasible, so the payout amounts or rate will probably change.

The site is still relatively early in development, so bugs may crop up, but for the most part the service should work as expected. If you come across a bug, or have any troubles please email to admin@pushbuttongetbitcoin.com or pm me, so I can get it sorted.

[EDIT]
If there are any online wallets or methods that allow transfers of less than .0001 BTC to be made I'd appreciate it if someone would point me in the direction of that tool. (Installing bitcoind to server is not an option currently) The minimum payout is limited by this, and I'd like a way to lower it.
DungLongWang

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:23:46 PM

Have not seen a Wall Huh
but you pay 0.00002 that's nice
Misic1891 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:25:35 PM

Have not seen a Wall Huh
but you pay 0.00002 that's nice

The right-most button that says open offer wall reveals the wall. It is closed by default for people who may not want to load it.
dalek

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:57:19 AM

It's nice, but you have the lowest payout by far for virool videos compared to other bitcoins sites. 1K satoshi per video compared to 5K or 4K on other sites.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
Misic1891 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:01:42 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 09:52:46 PM by Misic1891

It's nice, but you have the lowest payout by far for virool videos compared to other bitcoins sites. 1K satoshi per video compared to 5K or 4K on other sites.
I agree with this, so I have updated the payout for virool videos to 4k satoshi (40uBTC). I'm also looking to change the payout of the offer wall.

[EDIT]
Lowered Virool payout due to high potential for abuse. It is now 33k satoshi, but may need to be made lower.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 3012

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:04:59 AM

http://PushButtonGetBitcoin.com

The name is purely genius! Made me giggle.

Alexander Chapman

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:12:15 AM

Nice Site, sadly no Virool Video now but hopefully will change.

One (Bug) i found..it says for me after i pressed the Button..

"BUTTON NEXT AVAILABLE: 12 DAYS 18H 35M 17S" not 12 Hours..

I even refreshed the Page, not sure thats an issue cause my internal clock goes lately weird or its a script issue from your site.

After all..keep up the good work Smiley

Misic1891 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:33:32 AM

Nice Site, sadly no Virool Video now but hopefully will change.

One (Bug) i found..it says for me after i pressed the Button..

"BUTTON NEXT AVAILABLE: 12 DAYS 18H 35M 17S" not 12 Hours..

I even refreshed the Page, not sure thats an issue cause my internal clock goes lately weird or its a script issue from your site.

After all..keep up the good work Smiley

The script uses your internal clock to update the timer, if your pc time is off this may cause issues. I'll look into implementing a script that doesn't use an incorrect time. When 12 hours have passed the button will become available again, regardless of what the timer says.
dalek

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:06:19 PM

you should probably make the cashout fee more prominent. i was ready to cashout at the minimum 0.001, then saw there was a 0.0005 processing fee, so i would only get 50% of my earnings. now i'm gonna wait til i earn enough to actually pull out an entire 0.001.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
Misic1891 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:23:01 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 09:04:18 PM by Misic1891

you should probably make the cashout fee more prominent. i was ready to cashout at the minimum 0.001, then saw there was a 0.0005 processing fee, so i would only get 50% of my earnings. now i'm gonna wait til i earn enough to actually pull out an entire 0.001.

That's a good suggestion. I'd like to reduce the minimum fee, but need another method of transferring to do so. Sad I'm looking for ways to do this though. I am considering raising the minimum payout so such a large percentage of the payout goes to fees.
dalek

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:21:23 AM

That's a good suggestion. I'd like to reduce the minimum fee, but need another method of transferring to do so. Sad I'm looking for ways to do this though. I am considering raising the minimum payout so such a large percentage of the payout goes to fees.
Not sure what method you're currently using, but many faucets batch payments from multiple users together and the single fee for the transaction compared to the total of all the outputs is negligible; and some faucets don't even include a fee. I'd bet most users would rather wait a day to receive their earnings if that would avoid a fee. You could also offer an option to send immediately if they are willing to pay the fee. Sites like mtgox and peerbet do that.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
somecanuck00

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:29:24 AM

Interesting site, how many cashouts have you had that were successful?
Misic1891 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:40:51 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 09:51:26 PM by Misic1891

Interesting site, how many cashouts have you had that were successful?
There is a link to the wallet block chain at the bottom of the page which lists all the fountain's transactions, no users have cashed out yet, but this is mostly because of the miner's fee, so people tend to save more before cashing out. There is currently BTC in the fountain wallet, and is able to handle any cash out that could currently be made. (The minimum cashout is now .001 BTC, and miner's fee .0001)
dalek

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:54:39 PM

There is a link to the wallet block chain at the bottom of the page which lists all the fountain's transactions, no users have cashed out yet, but this is mostly because of the miner's fee, so people tend to save more before cashing out. There is currently BTC in the fountain wallet, and is able to handle any cash out that could currently be made. (The minimum cashout is now .002 BTC, and miner's fee .0005)
Looked at your blockchain page and there are a couple of payouts but it looks like you're not actually passing on the majority of the fee to the miners. You're only paying 0.0001 fee, but charging your users 0.0005. Is that intentional?
And it looks like the are separate transactions. Why not batch them up to minimize the fees for everybody?

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
Misic1891 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:10:08 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 11:10:21 PM by Misic1891

Looked at your blockchain page and there are a couple of payouts but it looks like you're not actually passing on the majority of the fee to the miners. You're only paying 0.0001 fee, but charging your users 0.0005. Is that intentional?
And it looks like the are separate transactions. Why not batch them up to minimize the fees for everybody?

Only a portion of the transactions are payouts for users of the faucet, and batch payments are something I can look into. It does look like a fee of only .0001 is being charged, even though documentation of the tool I use for the transfers says the minimum fee is .0005... I've updated the faucet to reflect this number and have changed the fee and minimum accordingly.

[EDIT]
The faucet has of the time of this edit made 6 payouts, and can be viewed at the block chain link at the bottom of the page.
weirdthall

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:53:11 AM

I agree with this, so I have updated the payout for virool videos to 4k satoshi (40uBTC). I'm also looking to change the payout of the offer wall.

[EDIT]
Lowered Virool payout due to high potential for abuse. It is now 33k satoshi, but may need to be made lower.

And yet at least 3 other sites pay at least 40 uBTC and have been for some time.  They don't seem to be worried about abuse...
Misic1891 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:09:13 PM

[EDIT]

And yet at least 3 other sites pay at least 40 uBTC and have been for some time.  They don't seem to be worried about abuse...
I guess I'll lose out users to these sites then unfortunately. I've contacted virool with some questions regarding security, and based on what they say there's a chance I will raise the payout more. I can't say how these other sites deal with this issue, but I suppose I could contact them to clarify some things if needed.
weirdthall

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 09:13:25 PM

I guess I'll lose out users to these sites then unfortunately. I've contacted virool with some questions regarding security, and based on what they say there's a chance I will raise the payout more. I can't say how these other sites deal with this issue, but I suppose I could contact them to clarify some things if needed.

have a look at the open source of http://coinvideo.appspot.com see how security is over there, maybe?
hany103

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 09:48:00 PM

Cool thanks, love free coins  Grin
Mikez

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 10:46:12 PM

Cool thanks, love free coins  Grin