Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:49:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to invest $300-500/mo. Help me pick the right coins.  (Read 490 times)
Uao (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 216
Merit: 58

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:49:11 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 03:25:02 AM by Uao

Hello World!

Long time lurker here.

It feels great to finally get involved. This community is awesome!

So I've been researching top 30+ cryptos (https://coinmarketcap.com) and looking at several things like:

• dev team background and activity
  • github commit messages, frequency
  • business model and vision
  • roadmap, changelogs
  • website branding and logo design
  • social network activity
  • video interviews, blog/forum posts and discussions

Unlike a large portion of people here, I'm not looking for quick market speculations.

Instead, I'd like to choose the coins that stand for something greater and are true to the deeper purpose. That makes me feel good inside.

I'm not sure I like ICO's, most don't feel right and are simply clones. (insert HYIP reference)

I like science and the scientific approach applied to pretty much anything, including crypto. I love documentation and I've always been fascinated with code and design.

Interested in coins that:

- propose interesting ideas and challenge the status quo

- have a young and curious team, always looking to learn and improve tech

- are close to Satoshi's vision

- are open source (promising or lots of github activity)

- are targeted on a very specific use case and approach that with innovation OR can do almost anything

- have a big picture (long-term goals)

- are proposing solutions to global human problems (tackling social issues)

- real world application (businesses, entrepreneurs, startups)

- dev-friendly (solid documentation)

- aren't centralized (aren't funded by X)

- have a strong ideology (aren't compromising their ABC foundation)

Where should I invest my money? Any tips and points of view are welcome. Thanks guys!

Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:52:14 AM

Look into http://www.ardorplatform.org/
To be release on 1st january but IOU are already tradable on polo and bittrex.
This platform is being develop by https://www.jelurida.com/

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
Uao (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:02:51 AM

Look into http://www.ardorplatform.org/
To be release on 1st january but IOU are already tradable on polo and bittrex.
This platform is being develop by https://www.jelurida.com/

Thanks, will look into that.
riffaz

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

eCommerce Web Developer & Customer Support -remote

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:16:18 AM

I do not think you can make that money in legal coin or from the coins that fulfill your measurements..
try some lending coins like Hextra or Bit Connect...

Uao (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:19:07 AM

I do not think you can make that money in legal coin or from the coins that fulfill your measurements..

I'm looking to invest $300-500 per month, not make that amount per month.
riffaz

Activity: 148

eCommerce Web Developer & Customer Support -remote

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:13:09 AM

I'm looking to invest $300-500 per month, not make that amount per month.

oh... then buy Bitcoin every month and keep it..
that will give you a great pension / you will have a huge amount of money when you retire..

Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:28:11 AM

I think every long term investor should hold some ETH and BTC ... but the prices of both are a little lofty right now.  If you are just getting into it, maybe building those up by “buy on the dips” might work.  After that, it’s a crap shoot.  OMG and Monero are two of my favorites from the top 30.   But pretty much everything in the top 30 are popular projects with a lot of interest.  I mostly buy from the top 30 for long term holds, but I put a little money into 30-150 hoping they take off...

I’d stay away from BitCinnect, though.  Too many red flags. 

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
pruvast

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:48:10 AM

After looking at your list of requirements, i would suggest checking out monero and aeon.
ac1905

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:41:08 AM

[Great first post! I share your same vision and have also just recently decided to start being active in this community.

PS. I've recently bought $ETN, Pinkcoin, NEO, and will be buying $powr in the morning
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 06:46:07 AM

Based on your criteria and requirement
Since you are looking for a constant long term development and if you are new

Ethereum would always be your best bet of choice for investing in it.
Compare to most coins hard fork, Ethereum Hard Fork work more like an "Upgrade" where you can see all the Hard Fork went smoothly and flawless
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:46:32 AM

Long story short, start buying ether with your budget on monthly basis like you said. You will multi-millionaire in few years if you have the discipline and you apply yourself to that goal every month just like you said.

Crypto-watch-Talk

Activity: 156

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:56:44 AM

I have about $500 in Waves Coin.

It's got a solid team
Not an ICO
Lots of support
Coin is currently at a stable price
It has development going on to take it further so could be good time to get in.

Do some research into them. Here is there website: https://wavesplatform.com
TorbiK

Activity: 448

Diagon

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:25:50 AM

Invest in equal parts in the top 3 or top 5 of the cryptocurrency by capitalization. In the long run, this will bring you an excellent income.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
sky24

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:42:34 AM

You should check out Propthereum.io. They are an asset backed cryptocurrency on the blockchain and are expecting a 1566% coin appreciation in a short period of time. All proceeds raised from their ICO will be used to purchase A-grade property worldwide. This property will generate a rental income and underlying value for the PTC token holder. The great thing about this concept is that the coin will always increase in value.
webmone

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:44:41 AM

You can try Wings. Soon they will do beta version of platform (now only pre beta). Developers work hard and you can also receive dividends from your wings coins!
dangful

Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 07:46:19 AM

The only answer to that question is Bitcoin is the right coin to invest, short-term or long-term because only Bitcoin's price is increased every week. Bitcoin will do give you good profit after a couple of months or even more a year.

clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:48:50 AM

You are already in the know of what to lookfor in a coin. I suggest you read more and learn how to trade with the right tool. You may eventually pick a winner. Those that are hard work always get lucky!

dangful

Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 07:49:56 AM

You already made a good research about the best coin you can invest with your money and for us it's a guideline that we used to follow. Well, top Altcoins is the best option for short-term or long-term investments if you don't want to invest in Bitcoin.
Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Waves, NEO, LiteCoin, Monero are few top Cryptocurrencies this year. Just follow your observation rules to know what's best coin you can invest.

helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 08:21:37 AM

you can go for ETHER,NEO,RIPPLE.Lets go for first Ether because Ethereum is an open software platform based on blockchain technology that enables developers to build and deploy decentralized applications.Second is NEO because  NEO uses a unique blockchain algorithm that improves upon Ethereum’s model. NEO has made some outstanding progress in both value and market capitalization.And the third one is RIPPLE because Ripple is a very popular network, many banks across the world use it as the basis for their own settlement infrastructure and also their developer team is good. My advice is that just invest 50% at current rate and wait to correct price of this coin and invest other 50%. SO by this way you will get good profit.

Uao (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:14:19 PM

[Great first post! I share your same vision and have also just recently decided to start being active in this community.

PS. I've recently bought $ETN, Pinkcoin, NEO, and will be buying $powr in the morning

Glad to hear that, thanks for your suggestions! I'm already looking into those as well.

You are already in the know of what to lookfor in a coin. I suggest you read more and learn how to trade with the right tool. You may eventually pick a winner. Those that are hard work always get lucky!

I'm planning to start writing whenever I learn something new (maybe on my blog) -- that way I can boost my though process and maybe help other beginners as well.

You already made a good research about the best coin you can invest with your money and for us it's a guideline that we used to follow. Well, top Altcoins is the best option for short-term or long-term investments if you don't want to invest in Bitcoin.
Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Waves, NEO, LiteCoin, Monero are few top Cryptocurrencies this year. Just follow your observation rules to know what's best coin you can invest.

Thanks for your post. The list looks pretty much like what I have in mind so far. What do you think of IOTA and Stellar Lumens?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: