Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:36:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD RX VEGAs are now out of stock  (Read 1103 times)
Suslived (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:56:00 AM

So the reasonably priced newegg and amazon rx vega 56s are out of stock. All those remaining cost $580+++ (only the insane will buy).
Does anyone know where else to get these mining beasts?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:45:19 AM

offline stores?
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:48:10 AM

So the reasonably priced newegg and amazon rx vega 56s are out of stock. All those remaining cost $580+++ (only the insane will buy).
Does anyone know where else to get these mining beasts?

Im not suprised they are very good cards for $400 they were a steal
jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:36:23 AM

yeah i built a whole new 7 slot rig around them. I scored 2 Powercolor for 400 and 1 Gigabyte for 390 with the rebate. The Powercolors perform a bit better (1850 vs 1750 h/s). Got Hellae's guide to work (no bios update).

I would not pay what they are asking now but I also don't have any more money to throw at this right now. I'm on auto notify when they restock. I see availability on Amazon for 500 but with the tax...

I'm thrilled with the revenue these pull. 109 day ROI for my whole rig with no growth factored into the equation. I'm not even a big fan of Cryptonight coins but can't argue with the revenue.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:55:51 AM

yeah i built a whole new 7 slot rig around them. I scored 2 Powercolor for 400 and 1 Gigabyte for 390 with the rebate. The Powercolors perform a bit better (1850 vs 1750 h/s). Got Hellae's guide to work (no bios update).

I would not pay what they are asking now but I also don't have any more money to throw at this right now. I'm on auto notify when they restock. I see availability on Amazon for 500 but with the tax...

I'm thrilled with the revenue these pull. 109 day ROI for my whole rig with no growth factored into the equation. I'm not even a big fan of Cryptonight coins but can't argue with the revenue.

And best thing of the Cryptonight algorithm is it will save you energy money in the long run. I don't know how it behave in RX Vegas cards but in RX 4xx/5xx series the consumption is 30-35 watt less than mining Ethereum and about 55 watt less than mining Zcash. With 1850 h/s is as having 3x RX 480 cards. Fantastic performance.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Crypto-Age

Activity: 129
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:23:37 AM

I cant beleive who can buy this Graphic cards at this price ?
So much price if you use mining.
Again so much to play game .. We suppose that we  have stock in september or october. but We dissapointed. The prices didnt decrease.
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:26:53 AM

And best thing of the Cryptonight algorithm is it will save you energy money in the long run. I don't know how it behave in RX Vegas cards but in RX 4xx/5xx series the consumption is 30-35 watt less than mining Ethereum and about 55 watt less than mining Zcash. With 1850 h/s is as having 3x RX 480 cards. Fantastic performance.
Decent rx 480/580 cards usually hash @ 770-820 H/s, so Vegas are more like 2.3x times faster. Only 1.5x times faster in Dagger. And Vegas are also very noisy (except the water cooled ones), gotta keep the fan spinning really fast to cool that hbm module. It's a one trick pony at this point, but it does that one trick (cryptonight) well.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:29:15 AM

They are still available in the UK, overclockers.co.uk still sports quite a few, and they even reduced the price on them now... £389 vs £449 last week... I've got six Sapphire RX Vega 56's waiting for a mobo in my attic. Smiley
lexele

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:57:03 PM

Decent rx 480/580 cards usually hash @ 770-820 H/s, so Vegas are more like 2.3x times faster. Only 1.5x times faster in Dagger. And Vegas are also very noisy (except the water cooled ones), gotta keep the fan spinning really fast to cool that hbm module. It's a one trick pony at this point, but it does that one trick (cryptonight) well.

Hi, my RX 480/580 with samsung memory do >900 H/s with good memory timings (look for "performance timings"). Even with hynix memory you can do around 900.
Mulavad

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:28:27 PM

I would like to get one of these beasts.
Excellent performance  with some algos.
That is why they are gone from shelves.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:44:24 PM

Hi, my RX 480/580 with samsung memory do >900 H/s with good memory timings (look for "performance timings"). Even with hynix memory you can do around 900.
Is that with "paid" timings from the folks that figured out how to make those straps and then sell them, or is that with freely available straps? I remember when people first started dabbling in making those (wolf0 etc) they weren't sharing them with others, not for free at least. Has it changed, are there now freely available "performance timings", or does one still have to pay for them?
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:54:26 PM

I would like to get one of these beasts.
Excellent performance  with some algos.
That is why they are gone from shelves.
Pretty funny how these cards were overhyped with seemingly amazing ETH performance, underperformed, then we all found out about how great the Vega cards are with CryptoNight and they start selling out again. Seems Vega does well in the mining department after all. The cards were also discounted near or below MSRP on Newegg lately so I’m not surprised they sold out.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:04:57 PM

Is that with "paid" timings from the folks that figured out how to make those straps and then sell them, or is that with freely available straps? I remember when people first started dabbling in making those (wolf0 etc) they weren't sharing them with others, not for free at least. Has it changed, are there now freely available "performance timings", or does one still have to pay for them?
You still have to pay for good timings, but we're talking a few dollars, not a hundred.
Mattthev has a couple of threads out there detailing how to mine specific algos, summing up miners, pools, expected hash etc. He'll sell you a good set of timings for the price of a beer or two.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:06:02 AM

Well as they are good GPU for mining it is not suprising that it will get sold out quite fast a also gamer a interested in the cards them selves. I am only wondering if there will be enough AIB Vegas to supply the market as they are already sample leaking out.
BitJunkie556

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:10:46 AM

Honestly... They've been "out of stock" as far as I'm concerned anyway. There's more to these inflated prices than miners buying them. Apparently AMD had some weird intro batch reduced price, which they quickly scrapped, meaning distributors needed to pay more, meaning stores needed to pay more, meaning we, the end users needed to pay far more in the end than the supposed MSRP was supposed to be...

And as far as I know, they don't actually perform twice as good for double the price, do they? Like even if Vega 56 does ~40MH/s ETH, you're still paying for it so it ain't a "deal"...

Unless I'm wrong, but I don't see much of a reason to bother unless you're just getting into mining.

wacko
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:42:57 PM

And as far as I know, they don't actually perform twice as good for double the price, do they? Like even if Vega 56 does ~40MH/s ETH, you're still paying for it so it ain't a "deal"...
People buy them for Cryptonight, that's the only algo where they do perform twice as good or even more.
risinqsun

Activity: 672
Merit: 273

-

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:24:17 PM

Hi,

I Think  best choice is the RX 570! Price/Mhz And electricity.

sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:33:20 PM

I can't check your calculations but if you use the calculator power on nicehash website it turns out that Vega has a capacity 2 times more than RX 580. In this case, it turns out that $ 500 plus tax will have equivalent performance with 2 RX 580 in price and performance. I don't know what VEGA power consumption.
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:39:35 PM

I can't check your calculations but if you use the calculator power on nicehash website it turns out that Vega has a capacity 2 times more than RX 580. In this case, it turns out that $ 500 plus tax will have equivalent performance with 2 RX 580 in price and performance. I don't know what VEGA power consumption.
Yeah, but keep in mind that it's just one algo — Cryptonight. For everything else the ratio is nowhere close. In ETH two Polaris cards are 30*2=60 MH/s while Vega 64 is ~ 45 MH/s. Same with Equihash etc.
BlockMedx

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:59:50 PM

I still like the 1080ti's over these though...not sure why people are buying these up.  Do they just do really well on ETH?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: