Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:02:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-06-25 Forbes- Exante Adds Share Trading To Global Bitcoin Fund  (Read 1000 times)
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:47:27 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2013/06/25/exante-adds-share-trading-to-global-bitcoin-fund/

Interesting quotes at the end:

Current assets under management in the Bitcoin Fund are $9.76 million (93,000 BTC) and there is no performance-based fee. The Exante Bitcoin Fund master wallet address is the second largest bitcoin address on the network as recently published by Bitcoin:Views. Their holdings represent nearly 1.0% of all bitcoins in existence.
the company has not registered any U.S. clients yet, claiming that U.S. securities law makes the fund open only to “qualified purchasers” with a minimum of $5.0 million in investment assets.

Again, the US is making it difficult for big investors to get into BTC.  The US could stand to lose so much by all the "regulation."  We will sit by and let other countries take advantage of these opportunities.

large merchants of bitcoin now have a reliable method to hedge their bitcoin inventories without having to liquidate actual bitcoin on a daily basis.

Will this help BTC prices increase perhaps?  I am always looking for positive new in that regard. Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 01:28:11 AM

I wonder when something like this will be available for people who don't have $5 million to invest (for those of us in the US)...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
patryn

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:48:20 AM

I wonder when something like this will be available for people who don't have $5 million to invest (for those of us in the US)...
Soon, wait for the Winklevoss ETF.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 01:47:42 AM

Soon, wait for the Winklevoss ETF.

Reading some old news, eh?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: