Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:57:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Update - Bulk Chips  (Read 1915 times)
Bitcoinorama (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:05:00 AM

Just received following email:
--

Avalon ASIC    ASICs on time; Business done right.

Batch two shipping is proceeding as planned and at the time there are no additional delays of any kind.

We do however need to bring the site down within the next few hours to upgrade for trade-in orders. So if you are running into problems ordering chips and/or viewing orders please do not panic, we expect this update to finish by later tonight ( EST time. )

In addition, the only two official Avalon domains are avalon-asic.com and avalon-asics.com, there has been many phishing sites claiming to have Avalon Chips this is simply not true, the very first order of Chips ordered back in late April is expect to ship by early July.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
therustytrombone

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:17:01 AM

It looks like the first batch of chips will beat Batch 3.  Ouch.  Shocked
webjoe

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:23:20 AM

Got this too.  So it looks like people who ordered the Chips early will be getting them soon.  Curious to know which of the DIYers will be showcasing working miners first.  Any guesses?

BTC: 1P77ekpQigu2HfiB67wNhzmMmEvZFkE2jv | KNCMiner Neptune 20nm 3TH/S for $10K in Q1/Q2 2014
koob

Activity: 204

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:31:40 AM

It looks like the first batch of chips will beat Batch 3.  Ouch.  Shocked

this is just great..  Angry
Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:35:00 AM

It looks like the first batch of chips will beat Batch 3.  Ouch.  Shocked

this is just great..  Angry

Avalon ASIC - ASICs on time; Business done right. Grin

farproc

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

ALGORY.io Crowdsale starts on 8/12/2017

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:36:21 AM

A lot of batch #3 refund coming? Shocked

▀███████████████▄▄
              █████████████████
               █████████████████
                █████████████████
                 █████████████████
                  █████████████████
        ▄▄▄▄       █████████████████
    ▄██████████▄    █████████████████
   ██████████████    █████████████████
  ████████████████    █████████████████
 ██████████████████    █████████████████
 ██████████████████     █████████████████
 ██████████████████      █████████████████
  ████████████████        █████████████████
   ██████████████          █████████████████
    ▀██████████▀            ▀████████████████▄
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
ALGORY  Multifunctional Tool for Cryptocurrency Trading 
Join Whitelist and Get 20% Bonus┃CROWDSALE ON DEC. 8
           ░████████████▒
       ░████████████████████░
     ░████████████████████████▒
   ░████████████████████████████░
  ░██████████████████   █████████▒
 ░███████████████      ▒██████████░
 █████████████         ████████████
░██████████            ████████████░
░██████                ████████████▒
░█████████████▒▒      ▒████████████▒
 ████████████████     █████████████░
 ▒████████████████    ████████████▒
  ▒████████████████▒  ████████████
   ░█████████████████ ██████████▒
     ██████████████████████████░
       ▒█████████████████████
          ░██████████████▒
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 12:47:01 AM

How are people reading this so wrong. The FIRST batch of chips. Ie the first 10k order, of what - 980k?

Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:12:05 AM

What I found in this mail are,
1. They insist batch#2 has no delay but I still have nothing. So I can prepare more smelly eggs and tomatoes to  throw at Avalon team guys if I cannot receive till July-1.
2. Batch#3 customers, although you ordered your machine half month before people ordered chips, you will get your machine later than these people. Therefore, go to hell! Batch#3 customers!
Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:19:53 AM

A lot of batch #3 refund coming? Shocked

That may well do them a huge favour...

mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 01:27:02 AM

Got this too.  So it looks like people who ordered the Chips early will be getting them soon.  Curious to know which of the DIYers will be showcasing working miners first.  Any guesses?

We will be first Smiley (working prototype)
Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:40:18 AM

We will be first Smiley (working prototype)

Kudos indeed!

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:28:55 AM

ya , for batch 3 orders,  you better go for refund, if batch 2 is so late what would you think of batch 3? he not really planning
on running batch 3 and is easier to process refund than to built a complete unit. his focus is on the Next Gen XYZ Asic Chip.
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:52:49 AM

ya , for batch 3 orders,  you better go for refund, if batch 2 is so late what would you think of batch 3? he not really planning
on running batch 3 and is easier to process refund than to built a complete unit. his focus is on the Next Gen XYZ Asic Chip.
So, the situation is after 2 months delay, batch#3 order customers got nothing and wasted their time. Come on! You would get interest if you put the money in bank. Avalon fucked all these customers and then lost nothing! Is it fair? Is it suitable for a business?
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:42:16 AM

Seems like burnin is ahead right now.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:58:47 AM

Seems like burnin is ahead right now.

I would say BKK and burnin are equal, just going at it from different directions. I think they will both be ready before mass chips arrive.. Wink

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:05:04 AM

How are people reading this so wrong. The FIRST batch of chips. Ie the first 10k order, of what - 980k?

Pretty sure the first "batch" does not mean the first 10k, more like 200k. Fairly obvious with the demand that the 10k min was not the pass-through order size that was sent to manufacturer. Especially since they already stated that they did not need to use BTC from chip orders converted to USD to order from foundry.
Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:04:25 AM

ya , for batch 3 orders,  you better go for refund, if batch 2 is so late what would you think of batch 3? he not really planning
So, the situation is after 2 months delay, batch#3 order customers got nothing and wasted their time. Come on! You would get interest if you put the money in bank. Avalon fucked all these customers and then lost nothing! Is it fair? Is it suitable for a business?

No it's not at all suitable for business, or fair, but fact is Yifu stated at Bitcoin 2013, that none of BitSyncom are bothered about manufacture, or creating a business. They all prefer chip development, so it looks like Batch #3 was never a priority, that is reflected by their actions and recent statement. IMO Batch #3 should have been given a head start over the chip orders, but even when a batch #3 orders went live BitSyncom knew they planned to release bulk chips, even though you guys didn't, so you got screwed way back then, now is nothing different, only time has passed. You should have been given a chance to have first refusal of a transfer to equivalent pricing on the first batch of bulk chips at the very least...

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:24:16 AM

I think the part that is toughest for the Batch 3 customers to get around, is that there are clone builders who paid less per GH and will be mining with Batch3 clones before official Batch 3 miners are shipped - and that it was those official batch3 sales which financed the chip sales/future development/new facilities/etc. 

At least Yifu has offered refunds now that they are financially stable, but I know of  a bunch of missed opportunities because of the quantity of BTC being held up.

Never a dull moment in the mining world.  Grin
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:29:47 AM

I think the part that is toughest for the Batch 3 customers to get around, is that there are clone builders who paid less per GH and will be mining with Batch3 clones before official Batch 3 miners are shipped - and that it was those official batch3 sales which financed the chip sales/future development/new facilities/etc. 

At least Yifu has offered refunds now that they are financially stable, but I know of  a bunch of missed opportunities because of the quantity of BTC being held up.

True words, especially the bolded part. That sucks SO hard... And let's do not forget how the pricing for Batch #3 was decided: based on a 30 days ROI and an expected difficulty of 10 to 12 million...

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:42:49 AM

True words, especially the bolded part. That sucks SO hard... And let's do not forget how the pricing for Batch #3 was decided: based on a 30 days ROI and an expected difficulty of 10 to 12 million...

Yes... if they had delivered with their original time estimates, everyone would have been very happy.  .

From Bitsyncom's perspective, getting the chips out on time keeps up with their "Asics on time; business done right" for potentially 1000s of customers (with pass through).  The full miners are maybe a couple hundred.  In Yifu's defense, I personally didn't expected the hash rate to merely double in that time window if Batch2 was going to go out the door at the same time.  Batch3 was the only credible game in town. I obviously had no idea about the chip sales were right on their heels.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: