Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:48:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2000MH/s GPU miner rigs for sale.  (Read 2176 times)
MangoJ (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

BTCRaven.com Escrow & Advertising

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 12:19:29 AM

I have six GPU miner rigs to sell off.  I never sold on here before so I will list them on ebay for the buyer to have records and accountability etc once a deal is discussed.

Each "Crate Miner" pulls about 2000M hash per second.
has six 5870 GPUs
2 PSUs
2GB ram
1.83GHz
hard drive and a bunch of connectors.
PCI raisers
windows 7
Gigabyte motherboard with enough PCI slots for all that.

Asking for offers in BTC, paypal or local cash in person.  WA state.

Automated Escrow  For instant BTC transactions without waiting for a 3rd party.  http://BTCRaven.com
ironcross360

Activity: 140

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:21:37 AM

400$ in BTC

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 02:36:17 AM

I'll wait for higher bids, thanks.

six 5870 GPUs on ebay $120-180 each (720-1080)
Mobo was $180 used from ebay, back on ebay $150
CPU ?
2GB Ram $20
PCI extenders from china $5 each and a month waiting... in the US $20 each.. I'd call them 6x$6=$36
Hard drive $25
Windows 7, $zero
1000watt PSU, $100 each $200 used on ebay.
Fans $$

$1151 to $1511 is what I would get parting it out on ebay.
So I respectfully decline some lower offers.

Any offers for 1300 will be accepted.
I will negotiate a $100 discount per additional miner sold, limit 4 miners ($400 off)

Automated Escrow  For instant BTC transactions without waiting for a 3rd party.  http://BTCRaven.com
snowcrashed

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:52:41 AM

Well let's do some math.

$1300 for 2000MH/s.  That's roughly $150-160 a month produced in bitcoins assuming zero downtime and zero electricity costs.  So about 8-9 months to hit ROI.  This is of course supposing the difficulty stays the same, which it absolutely will not.  In fact it's going to sky rocket, it's just a question of how much.  You could expect that $150 to turn into $75 a month or lower.  And a buyer would be banking on all this pre-pre-owned equipment not breaking down at some point.  

In short, the price is extremely unrealistic.  You are better off breaking it down and selling the parts.

PCI extenders from china $5 each and a month waiting... in the US $20 each.. I'd call them 6x$6=$36

They are easily obtained in the USA for $5-7 a piece.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 07:09:56 AM

god there are some greedy bastards here...why don't we wait two months and then your used and abused GPUs individually and the miner itself wont be worth shit.

1BTC for a usb that hashes 330 and uses a fraction of the power of a GPU...is twice as good as this deal.

the only benefit you have is that your mining rig can be used for other crypto currencies. Don't even pretend that a GPU that has been battered the **** out of for hashing could be used again for gaming.
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 09:11:43 PM

Well let's do some math.

$1300 for 2000MH/s.  That's roughly $150-160 a month produced in bitcoins assuming zero downtime and zero electricity costs.  So about 8-9 months to hit ROI.  This is of course supposing the difficulty stays the same, which it absolutely will not.  In fact it's going to sky rocket, it's just a question of how much.  You could expect that $150 to turn into $75 a month or lower.  And a buyer would be banking on all this pre-pre-owned equipment not breaking down at some point.  

In short, the price is extremely unrealistic.  You are better off breaking it down and selling the parts.

They are easily obtained in the USA for $5-7 a piece.

You are right.  BTC calculators do factor in a declining profit with the difficulty getting worse however.
So this is not worth much to miners.. so yes I will take your advice, break it down and ebay it in parts.

iANDROID

Activity: 182

Swiss Money all around me!

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:14:41 PM

god there are some greedy bastards here...why don't we wait two months and then your used and abused GPUs individually and the miner itself wont be worth shit.

1BTC for a usb that hashes 330 and uses a fraction of the power of a GPU...is twice as good as this deal.

the only benefit you have is that your mining rig can be used for other crypto currencies. Don't even pretend that a GPU that has been battered the **** out of for hashing could be used again for gaming.

Mad bro' ?Shocked
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 09:17:48 PM

Greedy?  This is BTC mining.. you mine just for sport or for profit?  Case and point.
Furthermore, GPUs have value to PC users, Gamers, LTC miners etc.
2 months from now will not render a GPU into zero value.  Lets be realistic while we complain please.  Wink

ASIC is another world.  1BTC for a USB that does 330 is a great deal, I am thinking of getting some myself!
However they will have ZERO resell value after BTC have all been mined, or the difficulty keeps going up.

Why do people tollerate the increase in difficulty AND the drop in payment per share?  Shouldn't PPS always be the same and only the difficulty change as more people mine with faster equip?

My GPUs have not been "battered", not overclocked.  Because overclocking gives you a LOWER return from day to day.  (higher Hash rate, but more down time)

Of course they can be used for gaming!
Is there a magic rule that says "If they work 24/7 for a month with no problems, then you WONT be able to run them at a fractional load for 2 hours a day."  Seriously.

I do appreciate your opinion that they are all damaged goods and therefore worthless for anything.
I appreciate the other guy suggesting I eBay them even more.

I'll ebay them.
Thanks

MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 09:20:47 PM

If anyone needs some Ram, 1000w modular power supplies, PCI extenders, CPU, or cables let me know.
GPUs will all go on ebay.
The rest I will put back into my bone pile unless someone wants to trade or buy them.
 Cheesy

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 02:43:24 AM

dude GPU mining rigs are selling for a premium on ebay so are def better off there. I am sure you could get 1000+ on ebay easily. Thanks for listing it here first though. For me, i have to think of ROI and at the moment and finding a decent rig with nice ROI is pretty frustrating.
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 03:20:35 AM

It took me a couple days of math to run the numbers myself.
Are you going with GPUs?
Linux can run 7, windows can run 6. 
But after you get to the PSU part of GPUs per PSU you will end up at 6 for cost effectiveness.

skilo

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:38:06 AM

But it has colorful wires and pretty blue lights, It must be worth the money.
Gleason

Activity: 207

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 04:29:37 AM

Why do people tollerate the increase in difficulty AND the drop in payment per share?  Shouldn't PPS always be the same and only the difficulty change as more people mine with faster equip?

When the difficulty increases, it is because there is alot more people/computing power hashing away, and mining competition. If the difficulty goes up ( total network hashrate ), its going to be harder for a pool that stays the same size to find blocks with the network growing.

If the pool size increases in the same percentage of hashpower increase in the network, block finding will probably stay about the same, but there is more people mining in the pool, so the pay per share has to be less to distribute it.

Find one of a kind BTC, LTC and more Cryptomemorabilia at
http://www.cryptomemorabilia.com/
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 05:23:09 AM

When the difficulty increases, it is because there is alot more people/computing power hashing away, and mining competition. If the difficulty goes up ( total network hashrate ), its going to be harder for a pool that stays the same size to find blocks with the network growing.

If the pool size increases in the same percentage of hashpower increase in the network, block finding will probably stay about the same, but there is more people mining in the pool, so the pay per share has to be less to distribute it.

Thanks.  I get it now.

MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 05:24:43 AM

But it has colorful wires and pretty blue lights, It must be worth the money.

Snark snark snark.  Snarking just for a post count?
Build one yourself and let us know the cost.
Then when it is more than I am asking... I will give you a snark back  Wink

DogtownHero

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:27:46 AM

how much for one of the gpus

MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 06:34:25 AM

how much for one of the gpus
1BTC plus shipping
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244289

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: