Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:10:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Step-by-step guide to know when to invest  (Read 477 times)
freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:47:27 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 08:08:50 AM by freightjoe

Here is a detailed step-by-step guide to how the events will unfold for Bitcoin (and the other cryptos) when the bubble bursts:

- Bitcoin will start dropping in value sharply
- Bitcoin promoters and investors will say that this has happened many times before
- In this forum especially all will be saying to buy because it is cheap, and many will say to hodl
- price drops further, and all promoters will keep saying we have seen this before and it is a good time to buy and hodl
- price drops further, and waiting transactions are now mounting rapidly because despite the cries of "hodl!" quite a few people want to get out. But the way Bitcoin works prevents all from exiting when they want to.
- The price to get your transactions through becomes very high, in reality meaning only people with large holdings of Bitcoin can afford to get out. And they do because they have in many cases bought at below 1000$ and therefore they want to take their profits.
- As it becomes clear price keeps declining and it is impossible to get out, the smaller investors start to panic. It is the same as being in a large building with many people and only one small fire exit when there is a fire
- Prices now decline to a level where the miners can only make money by charging very high prices for transactions
- The high prices for transactions and the low price of Bitcoin means that no smaller investors can now get out of Bitcoin
- The price stabilizes at a very low level and it is impossible for the small investors to get out as no miners can make money any more
- Nobody want to buy into Bitcoin because of the very high transaction fees
- Game over.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:34:08 AM

your first step is to prove bitcoin is in a bubble then continue on with your other bullshit to reach game over.

besides I don't get why you are even here, on a bitcoin forum, if you think bitcoin is shit! honestly your post history is filled with crap about bitcoin, how bad it is, how miners are "slavemasters", how everything is going to end, and how bitcoin is going to die, .... and all kinds of crap like that against bitcoin.

why would someone who thinks like this about bitcoin even wastes his time talking about it this much? Wink

Only Bitcoin
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:37:56 AM

your first step is to prove bitcoin is in a bubble then continue on with your other bullshit to reach game over.

besides I don't get why you are even here, on a bitcoin forum, if you think bitcoin is shit! honestly your post history is filled with crap about bitcoin, how bad it is, how miners are "slavemasters", how everything is going to end, and how bitcoin is going to die, .... and all kinds of crap like that against bitcoin.

why would someone who thinks like this about bitcoin even wastes his time talking about it this much? Wink

Because I have the hope that it will cause at least a few people who cannot afford to lose their savings to pull out before it is too late
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:46:22 AM

Because I have the hope that it will cause at least a few people who cannot afford to lose their savings to pull out before it is too late

aww, you have a good heart. God bless you for worrying about us and our moneyz

Only Bitcoin
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:48:18 AM

Mock all you want - reality is that there are many very naive people in here who really have no clue about the risks and what is about to hit them
scottykarate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:00:46 AM

Mock all you want - reality is that there are many very naive people in here who really have no clue about the risks and what is about to hit them

How much are you being compensated for your BTC thread assault? As far as I see, you're only spamming Bitcoin forum with your opinion. You keep saying you feel the same about any crypto, but you're posting in the Bitcoin discussion ONLY.
If you were sooooo concerned about the risks of crypto, which you claim to be, why aren't you posting in the altcoins discussion board and saving everyone there from the evils of crypto?

freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:04:11 AM

How much are you being compensated for your BTC thread assault? As far as I see, you're only spamming Bitcoin forum with your opinion. You keep saying you feel the same about any crypto, but you're posting in the Bitcoin discussion ONLY.
If you were sooooo concerned about the risks of crypto, which you claim to be, why aren't you posting in the altcoins discussion board and saving everyone there from the evils of crypto?

There is a limit as to how much time I have - and with BTC having the largest following (and many who are in altcoins are also in Bitcoin) then this is where I get most efficient reach in relation to time spent.

As I have pointed out earlier, rational logical thought on basic economic matters, including efficient usage of scarce resources, is not a hallmark of the Bitcoin community in here. However, emotional outbursts are common as people's egos apparantely are too frail to grasp the enormity of the risks they are taking upon themselves

scottykarate

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:07:49 AM

There is a limit as to how much time I have - and with BTC having the largest following (and many who are in altcoins are also in Bitcoin) then this is where I get most efficient reach in relation to time spent.

As I have pointed out earlier, rational logical thought on basic economic matters, including efficient usage of scarce resources, is not a hallmark of the Bitcoin community in here. However, emotional outbursts are common as people's egos apparantely are too frail to grasp the enormity of the risks they are taking upon themselves

You sure seem to have a lot of time. You usually post relatively quickly after I ask you a question... LMAO! Who are you fooling? Certainly not many! Keep it up, though and keep on spamming. I hope it is worth your while!
Surely in the time it takes you to yap at me, you could be saving a few lonely altcoiners instead??!!?? No?
It takes only a couple of minutes. Surely you have that much time to spare.
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:09:28 AM

You sure seem to have a lot of time. You usually post relatively quickly after I ask you a question... LMAO! Who are you fooling? Certainly not many! Keep it up, though and keep on spamming. I hope it is worth your while!

Who exactly should I be fooling? The only fools are the ones who will lose their savings
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:13:18 AM

there is a lot of risk, this is true.
And i understand that is important to make anyone aware of it...but say that btc is going to die is different.
scottykarate

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:14:47 AM

Who exactly should I be fooling? The only fools are the ones who will lose their savings

And you've stated that enough times to have made your point. We get it. You win. You have saved us all. Thanks!
scottykarate

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:19:07 AM

Every investment comes with risks. Agreed?

Put your money where your yapper is and recommend some alternative investment ideas since you're so knowledgeable in the art of investment.
I'll wait.
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:37:21 AM

Put your money where your yapper is and recommend some alternative investment ideas since you're so knowledgeable in the art of investment.
I'll wait.

You clearly do not get it. Most people in here have no idea what investments are - which means in reality they are gambling. If you are not a professional investor - not self-taught from the internet - stay out. Your very question here shows just how deeply amateurish you are
scottykarate

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:32:01 PM

I'll wait.

You clearly do not get it. Most people in here have no idea what investments are - which means in reality they are gambling. If you are not a professional investor - not self-taught from the internet - stay out. Your very question here shows just how deeply amateurish you are

I do get it. You do not. These people are aware of the risks. They can read. They can judge for themselves. Your pontificating doesn't make a single difference in the lives of anyone on this board as far as their tolerance for risk and loss. Everyone has to do their due diligence and that comes down to one's definition of due diligence.

Some of these people don't need a lot of gain to cash out and be happy. Some of them are desperate and hoping for an opportunity that wouldn't be afforded to them in any other way. This gives them some hope. Could it backfire? Potentially. Could they realize their dream? Possibly.

You're making it way too black and white. You're also questioning everyone's intelligence. That's a great way to influence people!!!

As stated, if you really GAF about people on here, offer some suggestions that might actually help people understand instead of brow beating and talking down to people.

People here aren't out day trading. You don't have to be a professional investor to simply hold.

When people were freaking out last week, where were you?  Were you helping out like the other people and telling them to hold? If you weren't, that's way more of a disservice than any help you are now trying to give with your negative, stale, multiple thread doses of "help."
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:37:39 PM

These people are aware of the risks.

Reading in here very clearly shows this is not the case

In these kinds of get-rich-schemes the middle-class always survives, as they can bear the loss.

The true losers are the poor who really cannot afford it and have been hoping that this would take them out of poverty, instead it will do the exact opposite. And once these people have lost whatever little they had to start with, they will - once again - feel cheated by what they see as the rich people. And we will once again have fueled the fire of more unrest in the world.
scottykarate

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:42:18 PM

In these kinds of get-rich-schemes the middle-class always survives, as they can bear the loss.

The true losers are the poor who really cannot afford it and have been hoping that this would take them out of poverty, instead it will do the exact opposite. And once these people have lost whatever little they had to start with, they will - once again - feel cheated by what they see as the rich people. And we will once again have fueled the fire of more unrest in the world.

For right or wrong, you are literally pissing in the wind on this forum. I may be missing where you've answered my questions and haven't simply restated your original stance and reasoning. Hit the altcoin thread and hammer home your point there as well. ICO speculation, speculation about shitcoins and the hundreds of startups seems to me to be a great opportunity to help. No?

In the time it has taken you to respond to me, don't tell me you couldn't have posted one of your diatribe threads in there. C'mon man.
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:45:07 PM

For right or wrong, you are literally pissing in the wind on this forum.

I don't think so. Some - but clearly not all - will start to doubt the wisdom of their actions and retract. They will never write about it in here, becasue that will mean to lose face in front of this forum. Instead they will quietly slip away with their current profits intact.

pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 718

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:47:19 PM

That's a really good story you have put forward while caring for the small investors. Bitcoin wont go down so soon buddy as it has many more achievements to be accomplished. The price has just hit $8000 while Bitcoin has the potential to be at $100k . There is a lot of time now for you to make such a theory. "IF" Bitcoin is accepted as a payment in the leading industry then the time for the bubble to pop would be delayed more and might not pop at all.
P.S: Your title says "guide to know when to invest" while you are revealing how the bubble will be popped. Not appreciated buddy. Atleast put the correct title on.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
scottykarate

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:49:14 PM

For right or wrong, you are literally pissing in the wind on this forum.

I don't think so. Some - but clearly not all - will start to doubt the wisdom of their actions and retract. They will never write about it in here, becasue that will mean to lose face in front of this forum. Instead they will quietly slip away with their current profits intact.

Right, current profits intact. Profits they wouldn't have realized without Bitcoin. Simple as that. Their risk paid off. If they had listened to you, they'd have none.
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:49:50 PM

When to invest is hard to predict because of how the market is flowing,
I would say the best time to invest is when the coin/token price falls down,
you can earn allot with it goes back up.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀