Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:51:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I have a FIAT loan I want to pay off.  Can I do it without touching FIAT?
Yes of course you can - 19 (34.5%)
There is no way, you'll need to touch the money - 23 (41.8%)
What is FIAT? - 13 (23.6%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I pay off my loan without using FIAT before the end of the week?  (Read 27444 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:41:34 PM

so far all I understand is send you money for nothing i smell something stinks around here imo..thanks

Generally when someone tries to screw you over, they make it sound like a really good deal.  This sounds like a terrible deal, so if he's a scammer he's a bad one.

seller (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:56:46 PM

ok well how about post the bitcoin address then so we can see what you are rolling with...thanks

You accused me of breaking the law and being a scammer.  I've asked you to leave my threads.  I'm happy to put my coin in JohnK's hands today if anyone is serious about trading.  I am not interested in window shoppers, thanks and good bye for the last time techic.

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:04:36 PM

Technically, you cannot pay off your USD loan by having somebody else pay it off in exchange for whatever (bitcoins, blowjob, a used car). This distinction may become important in case of either of the two deals going bad.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Peter Lambert

Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:19:15 PM

Technically, you cannot pay off your USD loan by having somebody else pay it off in exchange for whatever (bitcoins, blowjob, a used car). This distinction may become important in case of either of the two deals going bad.

Why wouldn't he be able to do such a thing? Saying "send X dollars to bank account Y (which happens to be my loan account) and I will send Z bitcoins to you" is no different than saying "send X dollars to bank account Y (which happens to be my savings account) and I will send Z bitcoins to you".

Or is the you bolded because only he is not able to do this, and other people would?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
seller (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:56:30 PM

He's arguing about grammar and the English language, don't fall into his tarpit.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:23:32 PM

He's arguing about grammar and the English language, don't fall into his tarpit.

I am usually pretty good at spotting grammar issues, but I think I am lost on this one. Could you explain more?

seller (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:56:06 PM

He's saying:

"I" can't pay it off if "somebody else" is paying it off. 
ensign_lee

Activity: 886

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:57:04 PM

Um...you don't seem like you're trying very hard to get a taker for your offer.

I wasn't trolling when I asked if you were asking that we pay you btc-e's exchange rate PLUS 10% in fiat (instead of the opposite, where you we pay you fiat and you pay us btc-e's exchange rate +10%). I just wanted to understand the terms.

But you deleted my post. Why bother posting an ad if you are going to delete questions from those who take it seriously?

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
seller (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:02:03 AM

I don't remember your exact post but I'm pretty sure it wasn't as "professional" as this one.

I have coins.  I want to pay off a few loans.  I will use escrow.  I am trying to sell at Mt Gox +10%.  I figure people are willing to pay bitinstant's fees and all I need is cash in a bank account so it should be an easy sale for a buyer who is not yet tied directly to the exchanges.

Mylon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Mining FTW

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:07:12 AM

First off, you're confusing the hell out of people with loads of crap.

What you want, (correct me if I'm wrong here) is to sell $8500 worth of BTC and / or LTC. (don't pin me on this rate, but thats about 85 bitcoins, or 4250 litecoins)

Why aren't you advocating that you want to sell that? (through escrow, wire only)

Why do you have to make it very confusing for everybody with paying off this loan and other BS... which has nothing to do with what you want... trade 85 bitcoins into us dollars...

Until you actually change this thing around and make it simple and understandable for buyers (I want to sell A for price B) with escrow, wire only. You won't find any Buyers, purely because you over complicate things.

Next off I suggest you make the deal attractive for buyers, the best example of how you should something like this is right here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195173 (Casascius, hope you don't mind me referencing you Wink )

Do that, and it won't take you more than a couple of days to get the cash together.

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
seller (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:12:40 AM

I am not willing to pay a premium.  If I were I'd just go sell to the exchanges.  I'm looking for a better price for my hard earned coin.

I want to sell 70+ btc today for a cash deposit in my bank.  Price is mt gox + 10%. 

That should be clear enough.

Mylon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Mining FTW

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:16:48 AM

I am not willing to pay a premium.  If I were I'd just go sell to the exchanges.  I'm looking for a better price for my hard earned coin.

I want to sell 70+ btc today for a cash deposit in my bank.  Price is mt gox + 10%. 

That should be clear enough.

Ok, good luck!!! (think your then better of searching for people willing to pay premium for BTC... rather than posting yourself... but then again.. you do have a lot not so smart people)

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
niko

Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:24:00 AM

What Mylon said. This convoluted discussion boils down to two separate transactions, each with its own legal aspects and cans of worms. Not saying any cans of worms would get opened, but who knows.

User "seller" says he owns bitcoins, and owes dollars. Instead of selling his bitcoins for dollars, and paying off the loan, he is creating a complicated third-party-payment situation.

If he doesn't like the price he can get at an exchange, he is welcome to make an offer and wait, or to make an offer OTC or through local markets and wait.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:47:02 AM

He's saying:

"I" can't pay it off if "somebody else" is paying it off. 

But if you are giving something to the other guy, then it amounts to the same thing. If you start with a debt of X dollars, and after giving a guy (bitcoins, a blowjob, dollars, whatever) the debt is repaid, then it does not matter exactly what happened, you payed off your loan.

seller (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:59:33 AM

There is no third party just the buyer and my bank.  The buyer of the coins pays my debt by placing cash into my account.  You can make it sound more complicated if you want but I don't see the point. 
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:41:12 AM

The bank will hate you if you pay back the loan, your loan is their asset, if you pay back the loan, their asset will disappear, leaving them with inflative fiat  Wink

str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:37:48 AM

§ 3-603. TENDER OF PAYMENT.
(b) If tender of payment of an obligation to pay an instrument is made to a person entitled to enforce the instrument and the tender is refused, there is discharge, to the extent of the amount of the tender
http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/3/3-603.html

If you tender a payment in BTC and it is kept( in which case it is assumed accepted ) or refused, the obligation will be discharged, following the UCC.
seller (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:54:33 PM

The bank will hate you if you pay back the loan, your loan is their asset, if you pay back the loan, their asset will disappear, leaving them with inflative fiat  Wink

Yep, that's the idea!
ensign_lee

Activity: 886

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:04:41 PM

I don't remember your exact post but I'm pretty sure it wasn't as "professional" as this one.

I have coins.  I want to pay off a few loans.  I will use escrow.  I am trying to sell at Mt Gox +10%.  I figure people are willing to pay bitinstant's fees and all I need is cash in a bank account so it should be an easy sale for a buyer who is not yet tied directly to the exchanges.

My post was

"Wait. We have to pay you btc-E PLUS 10%?"

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
seller (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:55:09 PM

Yep, I that's what I seek.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: