Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:44:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum 2.9.3 btc stolen  (Read 455 times)
cornflake (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:24:28 AM

Hi,

my btc were stolen with an anonymous transaction. How was possible? Electrum should be a offline secure wallet? The receiver address is visible. Can i retreive my btc? Moreover, in the future how can i trust every offline wallet? Should i use more safe installation while installing the software ?I donwloaded the electrum sofware from the official site. Undecided Undecided
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:56:37 PM

Bitcoin transactions are irreversible so you can't get back your bitcoins. You say it's an offline wallet. Does that mean that the computer on which you installed electrum never went online? Do you have an online watch-only wallet?
cornflake (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:57:13 PM

Bitcoin transactions are irreversible so you can't get back your bitcoins. You say it's an offline wallet. Does that mean that the computer on which you installed electrum never went online? Do you have an online watch-only wallet?

I did a standard new wallet installation. I dont know if means off or watch only wallet. I did already transactions in the past. I got seed and private key. I guess i did something unsafe, anayway i thought to be safe  with seed authetication e private key. What should i do to prevent another robbery next time? Use a different version? Setup?
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:00:35 PM

I did a standard new wallet installation. I dont know if means off or watch only wallet. I did already transactions in the past. I got seed and private key. I guess i did something unsafe, anayway i thought to be safe  with seed authetication e private key. What should i do to prevent another robbery next time? Use a different version? Setup?

what about your electrum's password? is it safe enought?

Some other people use your pc?

This is really strange....have you try to scan your pc with antivirus/anti-malware/anti-spyware?
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:14:08 AM

You're the one who said offline wallet. I asked because that word offline means something. If you don't know what it means then don't use it because you only confuse things.

What is the address of the website you downloaded electrum from?
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:55:06 AM

I don't understand why someone open a thread like this and then disappear Sad

If i lose my btc i will try everything to understand what happened
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:41:58 PM

If you ever try claiming bitcoin gold at mybtgwallet.com last few weeks ago, and put your private key/seed word there, your BTC is taken by John Dass, please post the transaction here so that we can check if that is attack from this scam bitcoin gold operation or something else

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-gold-wallet-scam-nets-3-million-illicit-earnings/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: