Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:11:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much is my antminer s9 still worth?  (Read 423 times)
piediero (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:36:18 AM

2 months ago I bought an antminer s9 and I've been happy with it. It's still running as we speak but I live in an apartment and my wife is complaining, on a daily basis, about this beauty: It makes too much noise, she says, get rid of it!

I don't have any other place to install this so I've been thinking about it and finally decided to keep the wife and sell the antminer.
After all, I still find my wife more beautifull compared to this shiny antminer.

I paid 2850 EURO 2 months ago and I'm wondering how much this is worth now, selling it second had?

I looked at ebay and they are selling it for like 3800 euro now.
Okay, they have to pay for ebay selling fee too but 3800 sounds so much while I only paid 2850. That's almost 1000 euro more expensive.

Since I don't have the original box anymore and shipping makes it more expensive I'm thinking about selling it locally for 2400 euro. Would that be a good price?
Or is that too low / high for this second hand machine?

What do you guys think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:09:52 PM

If you could post some photos of your wife, and the antminer with a timestamp and your username so we can make that judgement ourselves if you should sell the latter.

But really post a timestamp photo of the antminer and maybe a screenshot or two of its current hashrate
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:08:51 PM

If you could post some photos of your wife,

ha ha ha, this made me laugh, nice comment :-)
piediero (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:58:43 PM

I could take pictures later today, when I'm back at home. But I don't think it's going to help defining a good price for this device.

I think I'm just going to put it on some local classifieds webpage for let's say 2500 euro and see if there's someone interested Smiley
Not sure if there's many interest in these kind of devices locally...

Don't really like shipping it to another country because I'll have to see how that works. How much it'll cost. Getting a good and safe box for shipping etc...
It's easier if someone just picks it up Wink
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:13:52 PM

Selling local’s the best way to go, can’t really go wrong. There are ways to make the Antminer quieter that don’t cost a lot (Philipma’s YouTube channel documents this with an Avalon miner, should work with an Antminer too), but it will still be a little loud. Either way, good luck with the sale. Even if there’s not much interest you’ll probably find a buyer since many people don’t want to deal with the hassles of import fees in the EU.
piediero (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:27:04 PM

@leowonderful

I understand but I'm not sure if there are many local people interested in these kind of things Wink Well, I'll try ;-)

@JohnRodell

this topic is about an antminer. Not about eye glasses? SPAM!?
SlaughterGirl

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:48:09 PM

@leowonderful

I understand but I'm not sure if there are many local people interested in these kind of things Wink Well, I'll try ;-)

@JohnRodell

You are trying to scam in a crypted way and here is how:

By telling members that you're interested to sell your miner locally means you've a miner for sell 100%  and you are NOT a scammer 100% right?  Tongue and because shipping is hard and there's lots of fees and that you don't know how to bla bla bla... Fuck your M***ther You know a stupid member will pm you soon begging you to sell him the miner and you know he will be ready to pay and cover all fees...

Even if you accepte escrow you will still have a chance to ask him for shipping fees So you can print a big smile on your tits right ?

Well i must say the idea is good and you wont get Neg trust instantly cause its an undetected method? f***ck you Tongue

piediero (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:58:30 PM

@leowonderful

@JohnRodell

By telling members that you're interested to sell your miner locally means you've a miner for sell 100%  and you are NOT a scammer 100% right?  Tongue and because shipping is hard and there's lots of fees and that you don't know how to bla bla bla... Fuck your M***ther You know a stupid member will pm you soon begging you to sell him the miner and you know he will be ready to pay and cover all fees...

Even if you accepte escrow you will still have a chance to ask him for shipping fees So you can print a big smile on your tits right ?

Well i must say the idea is good and you wont get Neg trust instantly cause its an undetected method?  Tongue

You can probably twist every story so that you can say it's a deception. While the internet is full of scammers I do understand why people are so concerned.
And they should!

But part of the reason why I don't want to sell online is because of this. What if I sell it and the buyer then says "I did not receive what I ordered" ..
Well, then I lost the device and the guy probably claims his money back through paypal. Or I need to only accept a cryptocurrency, but then I'll be called a scammer for sure... So it's both ways: there are both buyers and sellers trying to cheat and I don't want to be part of that.

I only buy from stores online and I never sold anything over the internet either. Only local.
If I sell locally, the guy can come, pay and take the device with him.

But we're going off-topic completely. I initially wanted to know how much it's worth actually Wink But I already did my own research and there are sellers selling them between $2500 and $4000 So I'll just have to enter a price myself and see who's interested.

I've put it for sale on a local classifieds page asking 2500 euro now. Hope someone local wil respond.

SlaughterGirl

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:57:09 PM

@leowonderful

@JohnRodell

Well i must say the idea is good and you wont get Neg trust instantly cause its an undetected method?  Tongue

You can probably twist every story so that you can say it's a deception. While the internet is full of scammers I do understand why people are so concerned.
And they should!

But part of the reason why I don't want to sell online is because of this. What if I sell it and the buyer then says "I did not receive what I ordered" ..
Well, then I lost the device and the guy probably claims his money back through paypal. Or I need to only accept a cryptocurrency, but then I'll be called a scammer for sure... So it's both ways: there are both buyers and sellers trying to cheat and I don't want to be part of that.

I only buy from stores online and I never sold anything over the internet either. Only local.
If I sell locally, the guy can come, pay and take the device with him.

But we're going off-topic completely. I initially wanted to know how much it's worth actually Wink But I already did my own research and there are sellers selling them between $2500 and $4000 So I'll just have to enter a price myself and see who's interested.

I've put it for sale on a local classifieds page asking 2500 euro now. Hope someone local wil respond.

We both know you're a scammer anyways always use escrow , And yes as you said  it's both ways  Wink GoodLuck!

piediero (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:13:20 PM

I'm not a scammer and I'm not sure why you're calling me that.
Maybe it was not wise to register on this site and the first post I did was this one.
I'm not a forum-guy but didn't know where else was a better place to ask this question.

anyway, you shouldn't be judging people like this. I'm a nice guy, no scammer.
But whatever I say now won't change your mind so we better agree to disagree...
spiftheninja

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:32:23 PM

Just sell it on eBay.

Ask a high price, make it buy it now.

Don't let anyone low-ball you.

Everyone wants these things.

GET. YOUR. MONEY.
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 02:56:22 PM

If you want to get the noise maker out of your house but want to keep mining i have a site that offers hosting for miners located in the US if you PM me I can give you more details
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: