Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New GB GTX 1070 hash  (Read 307 times)
mrdenis (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 01:35:03 PM

Hi everybody, I have a problem with new revision (rev. 2.0) of Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8G Windforce OC.
I built over 10 rigs with previous GTX 1070 G1 Gaming revision (rev. 1.0) and also other nvidia gtx 1070 cards (EVGA, MSI, Asus) and I did not stumble upon this problem that I am having with new revision from Gigabyte.
All previous cards had around 25-26mhs @ stock settings and around 30-31mhs with OC. This new revision has around 21mhs @ stock settings and 25-26mhs with OC. Tried with Windows 10 build 1607, Windows 10 build 1703 and Windows 10 build 1709 and also different driver versions (latest installed via Windows Update, manual install - 382.05, 382.33, 388.31 / everytime I installed new drivers I removed prevoius with DDU in safe mode) - no succes, I did not manage to increase hash speed, still 21mhs @ stock settings and 25-26mhs with OC. I have 6 same cards all perfoming the same so we can exclude that the error is on the graphics card.

Does anyone have the same graphics and the same problem and was able to resolve it...? I'm getting little frustrated, I have already spent two days and I can not solve the problem Sad

I also called the supplier today and they told me that there is a possibility that manufacturer locked BIOS for mining performance, because they make other models (same chipset) for mining, but mining cards have 3 months warranty and these have 1 year warranty - I personally never heard that before...

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated... Smiley

❍ E M M A R E S  ❍              Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   TWITTER  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Darmold

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:58:43 PM

It could be bad memories that they built in.
They sell everything now days.
But please check if that is right I don't want to mislead you

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
mrdenis (OP)

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 02:47:32 PM

I checked memory with diagnostics, no problems found :/

Memory type is Micron GDDR5

❍ E M M A R E S  ❍              Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   TWITTER  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
weegs

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:53:22 PM

I've run into the same exact problem with the rev 2.0 GB 1070 OC cards. Did you ever hear anything new on this? I tried changing the bios to what was used on the rev 1.0, but it wouldn't accept it.
100percent

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:27:08 PM

The same problem here... Did you manage to find a solution?
@weegs it is possible to put rev 1 bios with the flag -6 but this does not solve the problem either..
jojo01

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:00:21 PM

So did you already try flash bios with rev 1, and not solve hash problem
And i can only manage to oc core 30 memory 300 maximum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: