Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:21:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dealings with bitcoin-broker.org - a new bitcoin purchase site.  (Read 2560 times)
objectnotfound (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:38:52 AM

Good morning!

I'm writing this post to give everyone a little insight about the website aforementioned. I recently took a leap of faith and purchased three bitcoins through this BRAND NEW site, and I wanted to share my experience.

In order to purchase, you must first visit their site and declare (in a dollar amount) how much you're looking to spend, and at what bank. I was looking to buy 5 BTC through a bank of america (not understanding what, exactly, it entailed), so I placed my order (without using any CC info or anything, simply entered some info in) and waited. Shortly thereafter I received an email saying I would need to deposit my money into a specific account ( Roll Eyes )

So I followed up with the email, and was assigned someone to work the process with... I must say - it was a nice touch working with a person right away! He informed me that, since they were a new site, they weren't stocked with enough BTC for the sale. Basically, they're an escrow service, and they match me up with a seller and take a 2% fee from the purchaser - the seller sells free. He said they could supply me with three of the five I needed, and alert me when more were available if I was so inclined. I agreed and he supplied me with someones name, account and routing number, and gave me a deadline to deposit the cash within. I made my way to the bank, VERY wary I might add, and deposited the money.

Part of the process is to send a picture or a scan of the deposit slip and the business card of with whom you had dealings with at the bank. I promptly uploaded them and then held my breath. Dan (my liaison) told me he was going to contact the seller, verify the payment, and then release the BTC. This is where everything took a turn for the worst...

...just kidding. It took a few hours of my nervously checking my email for the confirmation, but low and behold the coins were there.

All in all, solid A++ experience, and I am waiting for a new seller to load the remaining coins so I can purchase them!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
philthy

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:59:51 AM

will give it a shot.
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:59:50 AM

So new the site has no content?   Roll Eyes
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 10:43:27 AM

I think there's a sock puppet talking in this thread not an actual customer.  Cheesy

objectnotfound (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:16:14 PM

Nope, not a sock puppet at all! Sorry to disappoint Tongue
Driice

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:19:27 PM

BTW the site has a non newbie thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237164.0
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:28:49 PM

~70% of your posts are bitcoin-broker related, got to mix it up a bit & step up your game Cheesy
Runescape

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:29:57 PM

bitcoin-broker.org sounds like a scam
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:44:29 PM

~70% of your posts are bitcoin-broker related, got to mix it up a bit & step up your game Cheesy

The endorsement is appreciated.

The website address is actually www.Bitcoin-Brokers.org

The website is not a scam. There are over 6000 views on the dedicated Bitcoin-Brokers thread at this website. There are hundreds of comments, and there is not a single customer who has claimed scam.......only newbies in the newbie section call scam, because, well, they are newbies.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: