Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:12:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a sham?  (Read 201 times)
Lea44 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:55:12 PM

Hello

I keep getting e-mails from Bitcoin asking me to invest, but yet I keep reading reviews saying it is one big con. Huh Undecided

Leanne
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Hello

I keep getting e-mails from Bitcoin asking me to invest, but yet I keep reading reviews saying it is one big con. Huh Undecided

Leanne

What kind of emails are you getting? if it is something that are annoying and keeps on repeating so much I really think that is a scam or a networking scam but I don't think bitcoin is involve with it, bitcoin can only be a form of medium to make transaction or other Altcoins or ICO's that are setting up an investing kind of scheme in their Crypto Company but you can not lump bitcoin in it because bitcoin is not a company but a community many people are just using it as a form of a scheme and transaction.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:14:44 PM

*You can't get emails from bitcoins asking you to invest ! *
First of all.. Whatever you are receiving is probably from an ICO who are looking for investors desperately also it can be from any other new cryptocurrency that is being launched.
The rule of thumb is to trust only those things that are 110% authentic and you are sure about it..
The reason many countries are banning ICO'S because 80% of them are just a scam thus !!!!!!! I strongly recommend you to block their ID or..to unsubscribe.
NEVER INVEST IN AN OFFER THAT LOOKS ENTICING!stay safe and invest in bitcoins from an offline trustable wallet.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:21:01 PM

What is the point to send such spam? I don't understand. High volatility of bitcoin scares people. Bitcoin price is not too small. It seems to me that bitcoin is now at a stage that it can invest only those people who consciously made their choice. I think that this spam does not refer to bitcoin as to any proposal of the mediator swindler.
H1X360

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:25:43 PM

You shouldn't be getting emails asking you to invest into bitcoin. Put them into the spam folder and dont click on any links.
However bitcoin is not a sham, it's just the wild west right now and a lot of people are looking to scam people or bait them with false promises. Blocks those kind of emails asap!
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:26:46 PM

NEVER INVEST IN AN OFFER THAT LOOKS ENTICING!.

Exactly - stay away from Bitcoin and all the other altcoins
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:26:59 PM

Bitcoin itself is definitely not a sham. But there are lots of ponzi and MLM sites that take advantage of this, effectively scamming people who doesn't know much about bitcoin. Bitcoin or blockchain technology in general is one of the greatest inventions in our decade besides medical inventions (in my opinion). But a good number of people look at bitcoin only as an investment and or a sort of moneymaking scheme.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:27:00 PM

just another throwaway account belonging to someone who has missed the chance to buy bitcoin when it was still cheap...

in any case if anyone really exists like OP who thinks bitcoin is a "sham" then please we beg of you to stay away from it, as far as you can. leave us be in our "sham" alone. Grin

There is a FOMO brewing...
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:30:54 PM

Hello

Leanne

Emails from who? What reviews? You should know that you're asking the opinion of people who frequent a forum dedicated for Bitcoin. You will only ever get positive responses here, except from the few who are only here to troll and/or spread FUD.

That being said, I would advise you to do your own research. You should never invest into anything you know nothing about, and I assume that is true for you. Check out the fundamentals, and you would be able to paint your own picture as to whether Bitcoin is a con or not. (Protip: it's not) Either way, you should keep in mind that no investment is completely safe, and that by investing, you're taking on risks.

Also: watch out for the emails you have been getting. If you ever decide to buy, it would be far safer to visit an official exchange. The email could be a phishing attempt.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 03:31:05 PM

I doubt that you are getting the advertisements either from exchanges or ICOs because I never received any invitation from Bitcoin core or any mining group so far in last 4 years. It would be great if you can share the email screenshot with everyone so that we will be able to explain you more about it. Do not make any perception about Bitcoin based on a single random email advertisement. Since you have opted in, you can spend some time with beginners and help section to explore the amazing world of Bitcoin.

* Beginners & Help.
Wulanayu

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:45:12 PM

Wow ... is that true, I think you should check it again.
Is it true from bitcoin admins, I really doubt the statement you wrote at this time.
Because it is not possible the bitcoin send you an email for investment invitation, let alone sorry you are new to bitcoin world.
Everyone here is sure no one will believe your statement.

DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 04:34:30 PM

What is the point to send such spam? I don't understand. High volatility of bitcoin scares people. Bitcoin price is not too small. It seems to me that bitcoin is now at a stage that it can invest only those people who consciously made their choice. I think that this spam does not refer to bitcoin as to any proposal of the mediator swindler.

It does not need to make a point to send spam email. A scammer has the goal to trick at least one person. I know it makes no sense but the way they see it is " hey i just got free money for nothing " . As far as the price goes that does not make a difference since people can buy fractional bitcoin.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: