Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:16:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB through Paypal method?  (Read 441 times)
dropsofmercury (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:53:36 AM

I need at least 0.5 btc asap, but the only method I have available is paypal. I can't do a wire transfer because I work all through my banks hours. If anyone would be willing to risk selling to me I'd be super grateful. Any suggestions on how to circumvent the situation are also super welcome. If you can but you'd rather do less I understand that too, 0.25 minimum though. I'd post this in the marketplace but, I guess I'm still a newbie. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Oh, and any recommendations on a wallet? I'm signed up for Bitbox and bconion(onionbc?) but I'm new to the whole system. Are wallets a sketch kinda deal or is it computer stuff that I shouldn't worry about?
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 08:46:18 AM

Use BTC-E or other similiar and trusted service.

GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:53:10 AM

If you're new to the whole system, why do you need .5BTC ASAP? 
I could work something out if you want, but to ensure protection on my end you'd have to send funds via Paypal first.
Your payment would be protected by Paypal, although if I send first I'd have no protection, so hopefully you understand.

You may also use an Escrow service or other methods to purchase BTC.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 08:56:04 AM

If you're new to the whole system, why do you need .5BTC ASAP? 
I could work something out if you want, but to ensure protection on my end you'd have to send funds via Paypal first.
Your payment would be protected by Paypal, although if I send first I'd have no protection, so hopefully you understand.

You may also use an Escrow service or other methods to purchase BTC.
Buying through paypal is still dangerous even through escrow.

GoldBit78

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:11:02 AM

Has someone tried to to send a Invoice from Paypal to the Bitcoin Buyer  with that he can pay with his Credit Card
Will my Account be closed if PayPal finds out that I am selling Cryptocurrencies?
and is this true that ican't move Funds immediately after receiving it ?
dropsofmercury (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:00:56 AM

I can do that with a trusted seller, no problem. I just need to go ahead and get this out of the way so I can make my order time.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 10:35:45 AM

Why the hell don't people use trusted services such as BTC-E, Vircurex or any other mentioned in the official wiki. You will probably get burned if you continue.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: