Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:48:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: another hardware or possible software issue  (Read 187 times)
nathan0658@gmail.com (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:12:25 PM

I had posted an issue I was getting previously regarding my GPU not showing up on the mining rig even though it was powering on. that was resolved and it was a PSU issue long with the risers not getting enough power. (noob mistake because I am a noob)

Now I have my cards connected again and I can see them on the Device Manager. I have updated them to the BlockChain Drivers and ran the Device Patch.

When I go back to my Device Manager, I am still not showing the GPUs as working unless I "disable device" and then "enable device" again. However, when I restart my mining rig, I have to do that same thing in order to use the GPUs.

any thoughts on possible issues? I have ran the DDU and removed all driver software and reinstalled the blockchain again but it is the same issue over and over.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:27:02 AM

What kind of GPUs?  How many?  What mobo, what PSU?  You have to give us some more details to go on here.  I've found that some systems you have to install the GPUS one at a time to get them all recognized.

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:03:44 PM

What kind of GPUs?  How many?  What mobo, what PSU?  You have to give us some more details to go on here.  I've found that some systems you have to install the GPUS one at a time to get them all recognized.

My bad, I was frustrated and I should have included all the info.

I have 5 x RX570 4GB (4 are Asus and 1 is XFX) on a Asus TUF 270 A mobo with a cosair 850psu.

All Asus GPUs are BIOs modded(undervolted/overclocked). the XFX is stock BIOs until I can get this issue resolve then I will flash it also.

pulling 610 watts currently at the wall.

I did have my mining rig up and running for approximately 2 weeks with no issue until my PSU went out. I went and got the Cosair 850w.

I have today again used the DDU to uninstall the display drivers and restarted--installed the drivers back onto the cards--ran driver patch--restarted. When Rig comes back on it still have Error Code 43 in device manager.

all my windows update setting are turned off and this started happening when I have to change the original PSU.

If there is any other information that may help, I will send it as soon as I see it on here.

I have not tried to reinstall windows back on the Rig, but I will reinstall windows after work today and then reinstall the drivers to see if that works. thanks again for the help or suggestions. I have been googling and youtubing for 3 days now and feel like im in a loop
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:09:18 PM

The simple fix is run a linux mining distro and stop messing with Windows. If you want reliability and stability that is always going to be the answer.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:00:34 PM

The simple fix is run a linux mining distro and stop messing with Windows. If you want reliability and stability that is always going to be the answer.

I know people are going to say that. But there are things I can do in windows that I cannot do in Linux based off what I have read online and in these forums such as undervolting/overclocking that gets me a better return.

I am also noob at this, so I am trying to get 1 systems figured out at a time to not overwhelm or confuse myself. I started with windows because I know windows (more at least) than Linux.

puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:40:43 AM

Did you run the ATI patcher that fixes error 43 when you have bios modded cards?
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:24:25 AM

Did you run the ATI patcher that fixes error 43 when you have bios modded cards?

He says, he installed the patcher after doing DDU.

What kind of GPUs?  How many?  What mobo, what PSU?  You have to give us some more details to go on here.  I've found that some systems you have to install the GPUS one at a time to get them all recognized.

I have 5 x RX570 4GB (4 are Asus and 1 is XFX) on a Asus TUF 270 A mobo with a cosair 850psu.

All Asus GPUs are BIOs modded(undervolted/overclocked). the XFX is stock BIOs until I can get this issue resolve then I will flash it also.

I did have my mining rig up and running for approximately 2 weeks with no issue until my PSU went out. I went and got the Cosair 850w.

I have today again used the DDU to uninstall the display drivers and restarted--installed the drivers back onto the cards--ran driver patch--restarted. When Rig comes back on it still have Error Code 43 in device manager.

all my windows update setting are turned off and this started happening when I have to change the original PSU.

If there is any other information that may help, I will send it as soon as I see it on here.

I have not tried to reinstall windows back on the Rig, but I will reinstall windows after work today and then reinstall the drivers to see if that works. thanks again for the help or suggestions. I have been googling and youtubing for 3 days now and feel like im in a loop

Do basic troubleshooting, try to install GPU's one at a time, you should have a working GPU that is mining before adding other GPU's, this is to isolate things like PSU/riser/drivers or board issues.

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:39:50 PM

He says, he installed the patcher after doing DDU.

Do basic troubleshooting, try to install GPU's one at a time, you should have a working GPU that is mining before adding other GPU's, this is to isolate things like PSU/riser/drivers or board issues.

Thx for the reply puwaha and leonix007.

I did a clean install of windows last night. and I was able to see all 5 gpus listed as Windows Display Device. I installed block chain drivers and ran the patch but not only 4 GPUs show up. the 5th GPU that disappeared is a new card that has not been Bios Modded. I will keep everyone posted on the results. I am having a trusted associate who helped me get my rig up and running originally. He had me running 5 570 4gb at 29.XX each card before my PSU issue.

Once he helps me troubleshoot this so I can learn at a quicker pace, I will update everyone so that it may help them.

I do appreciate everyone's help so that I could learn myself instead of depending on someone else all the time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: