Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:34:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to understand NEO/ETH fixed/growing circulation  (Read 172 times)
bergenic (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:03:31 PM

Going forward with my altcoin studies and trying to understand NEO and Ethereum better. Could I get few things clarified:

- I've understood that you cannot compare ETH & NEO to bitcoin directly, since BTC is a crypto currency while NEO and Ether are platforms. And inside those platforms can then exist many different projects. My question is: why does NEO have fixed circulation supply, but you can mine Ether. What is the exact benefit of this. I understand how mining works for example in bitcoin and they are basically running the show. if you don't make it mineable is it so from the platform/currency controlling reasons?

- If I've understood correctly, you'd see ETH and NEO more like traditional stocks, which then pay this GAS sort of like divident. I have a NEON wallet where I have some NEO and then it's accumulating gas. When I made transactions to/from bitfinex I noticed there was no cost. I understood this GAS is used to these smart contracts (which I'm not so familiar with). If I don't care of any smart contracts and I just want to HODL my NEO til eternity - what is this GAS really good for. I just HODL it and sell it too one day?

- I have Exodus wallet which supports many altcoins including Ether. I have few Ethers there and sometimes I have NEO and Ether in an exchange if I'm selling/buying. If I have them in a place which doesn't have gas support, does it mean then that it goes to the exchange/wallet developers?
waorana

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:41:57 AM

Ethereum is my favorite cryptocurrency, a very solid project of exceptional value that has enormous potential for growth in the future. The Chinese ETH NEO is a project of excellent quality and I think it will grow a lot in the future, so I would invest 80% of my capital on Ethereum and the remaining 20% on NEO
marcripto

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:03:38 PM

Between NEO and Ethereum I choose ETH, even if a small investment in NEO can be done. Ethereum is now a giant in the industry, its team is working hard to improve it and I think it has huge potential for growth in the future. NEO is a very good quality project, but it is not currently at ETH level
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: