Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:51:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin gold - same blockchain  (Read 185 times)
MalteBosch (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:26:44 PM

Hi everyone,
I am new to bitcoins and new to this forum.

I have installed bitcoin core (bitcoin-0.15.0.1-win32-setup) on my computer and the state of the blockchain is quite recent. (Took 1 week to fill the data folder!).
Now I want to start "bitcoingold-0.15.0-win64" on another computer and of course, that program wants to update the blockchain again. Is there a way to transfer the data ?

I have tried to copy and paste the data, but that does not work.

Sincerely

Moritz
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:54:06 PM

Hi everyone,
I am new to bitcoins and new to this forum.

I have installed bitcoin core (bitcoin-0.15.0.1-win32-setup) on my computer and the state of the blockchain is quite recent. (Took 1 week to fill the data folder!).
Now I want to start "bitcoingold-0.15.0-win64" on another computer and of course, that program wants to update the blockchain again. Is there a way to transfer the data ?

I have tried to copy and paste the data, but that does not work.

Sincerely

Moritz

Yes, you can transfer your block files, which are located in: C:\Users\MaleBosch(or whatever your Windows name is)\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\blocks

I think the only re-usable files are the .blk files. The files inside chainstate folder aren't re-usable (again, don't quote me on this, but I reckon this was the case).

Even if you re-use block files, it will take a pretty long time to verify the entire blockchain and create the new chainstate files, which like I said, im almost sure that aren't compatible with other forks.

Be sure to take proper measures with your wallet.dat
MalteBosch (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:35:18 PM

@BillyBobZorton 

Thanks for your answer.
On my computer no folder "blocks" in the folder /users/xxx/AppData/roaming etc. exists.

Folder "blocks" instead in the by me assigned place for the data of the program. Inside "blocks" I find "blk00000.dat" etc. AND another folder "index" which contains "000103.ldb" etc.

So what to do to transfer those for use with a new installation of "bitcoingold-0.15.0-win64"?

Moritz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: