Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:50:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Okay, where to start...  (Read 1434 times)
MtGox_Adam (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 02:19:37 PM

I'm going to try and make this to the point....

I'd like to first start by saying I for one am hoping that we get to a point in the very near future where we can stop apologizing for the atrocious customer service everyone has been getting for the last month at Mt.Gox.... Since about the same time I started, now that I think of it.

Last week was hell on earth (if earth was our office) and between leaving the office and coming into work the next day, we saw between 1000 new tickets created in a 8 hour period. This is an outrageous number of unique issues to address as a small team. If we were struggling before, we are now suffocating in customer inquiries. Consequently, people are at the end of their nerves with us, response times, and a whole list of other things that have been building up. To make matters worse, when we migrated to the new back end practically all of our tools broke that we were using to pull customer accounts and transaction information. We've been the blind leading the blind for the last few days. So, while getting everything online has been fantastic for people whose transactions have gone smoothly, everyone else who has run into any kind of snag where they need our help has been seemingly left out in dark, naked, in a foreign country, and without any money (metaphorically speaking, of course). We are coming for you.

We bulk "solved" thousands of tickets two days ago because we couldn't tell real problems vs. probably resolved problems but we are hoping to hear back from everyone whose issue is outstanding. Please do not take it as a slap in the face if your issue hasn't been touched, and we've marked your issue as "solved". Reply back and it will open, and we will get to it. Towards the end of today we were starting to get our tools back, and are now getting some visibility into these issues that are outstanding. Also, in the mean time I've been working on how to streamline our customer inquiries so we can get back to you faster. I/we are embarrassed, and humbly ask for more of your patience (in what has proved to be almost infinite patience, I might add), in getting to your important issues. So much for "to the point" I guess.... feel free to take advantage of this post to vent frustrations, outstanding issues or whatever you need to.

I just wanted to say to the thousand or so "WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING" emails, we're here and although it's not good enough, are doing our best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 02:30:27 PM

I imagined MTGox help desk  system would be completely overwhelmed by recent events. Kudos to you guys for pulling out of this intact.
MtGox_Adam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 03:07:31 PM

I imagined MTGox help desk  system would be completely overwhelmed by recent events. Kudos to you guys for pulling out of this intact.

This means more than you know. "Pulling out of this intact" is fantastic, considering what was at risk... at this point the silence is deafening for most users. To be candid, the risk of losing customers due to extremely-less-than-satisfactory customer service is equally as damaging as the hack and leak that has happened.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 03:21:52 PM

This means more than you know. "Pulling out of this intact" is fantastic, considering what was at risk... at this point the silence is deafening for most users. To be candid, the risk of losing customers due to extremely-less-than-satisfactory customer service is equally as damaging as the hack and leak that has happened.

There was money involved, and those that had money at stake where obviously the loudest. There was an opportunity to kick competition while on the ground, those that have stakes at competing exchanges where the most negative. Then there are the trolls...

My point is that many of the negative remarks on your behavior during the peak of the crisis are somewhat too biased, and when someone is happy or has no stakes on the issue that person tends to stay quiet. I forced myself to make a few positive posts because I felt like you were handling all in a very good way, if a little too silent (which is understandable, but people panic very easily).

All in all I think the hardcore customers are all still there, and if we look at the volumes of trading, mtgox is still way up there in comparison. Major cookie points to all of you for surviving this and not alienating everyone in the process Smiley
MtGox_Adam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 04:49:17 PM

There was money involved, and those that had money at stake where obviously the loudest. There was an opportunity to kick competition while on the ground, those that have stakes at competing exchanges where the most negative. Then there are the trolls...

My point is that many of the negative remarks on your behavior during the peak of the crisis are somewhat too biased, and when someone is happy or has no stakes on the issue that person tends to stay quiet. I forced myself to make a few positive posts because I felt like you were handling all in a very good way, if a little too silent (which is understandable, but people panic very easily).

All in all I think the hardcore customers are all still there, and if we look at the volumes of trading, mtgox is still way up there in comparison. Major cookie points to all of you for surviving this and not alienating everyone in the process Smiley

No excuses, our communication has been lacking. We've been wanting to centralize it on the Mt.Gox website, and were semi-successful in doing so during the hack ... (at least in comparison with what communications were going out prior to the hack) but we're not here to pat ourselves on the back. Thanks for the level headed take on the situation.
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 07:44:48 PM

Problem is, there are some serious money involved, and you guys just stayed silent.
The number of support tickets is NOT a valid excuse. I've sent in tickets PRIOR to the incident, and got a response 3-4 weeks later.
If you are really drowning in support tickets, perhaps Mt. Gox should hire more people.

I have moved ALL of my trading OFF mt. gox, as the reponse from CS is a joke. You simply can't be silent when there are members here that have thousands+ tied up. What would you feel if a bank where you saved 50% of your investment all of a sudden stop responding to you?
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 08:14:17 PM

I know you aren't working for KalyHost, but do you have any idea if support is a "feature" that will be reinstated there at some point?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
mahun

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:48:03 AM

Adam... Please give me some idea what happened to my account with 50.56 btc on it. My login at mtgox is "steve3". Last ticket # is 4659

I'd like to first start by saying I for one am hoping that we get to a point in the very near future where we can stop apologizing for the atrocious customer service everyone has been getting for the last month at Mt.Gox.... Since about the same time I started, now that I think of it.

Last week was hell on earth (if earth was our office) and between leaving the office and coming into work the next day, we saw between 1000 new tickets created in a 8 hour period. This is an outrageous number of unique issues to address as a small team. If we were struggling before, we are now suffocating in customer inquiries. Consequently, people are at the end of their nerves with us, response times, and a whole list of other things that have been building up. To make matters worse, when we migrated to the new back end practically all of our tools broke that we were using to pull customer accounts and transaction information. We've been the blind leading the blind for the last few days. So, while getting everything online has been fantastic for people whose transactions have gone smoothly, everyone else who has run into any kind of snag where they need our help has been seemingly left out in dark, naked, in a foreign country, and without any money (metaphorically speaking, of course). We are coming for you.

We bulk "solved" thousands of tickets two days ago because we couldn't tell real problems vs. probably resolved problems but we are hoping to hear back from everyone whose issue is outstanding. Please do not take it as a slap in the face if your issue hasn't been touched, and we've marked your issue as "solved". Reply back and it will open, and we will get to it. Towards the end of today we were starting to get our tools back, and are now getting some visibility into these issues that are outstanding. Also, in the mean time I've been working on how to streamline our customer inquiries so we can get back to you faster. I/we are embarrassed, and humbly ask for more of your patience (in what has proved to be almost infinite patience, I might add), in getting to your important issues. So much for "to the point" I guess.... feel free to take advantage of this post to vent frustrations, outstanding issues or whatever you need to.

I just wanted to say to the thousand or so "WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING" emails, we're here and although it's not good enough, are doing our best.
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 06:02:09 AM

Adam... Please give me some idea what happened to my account with 50.56 btc on it. My login at mtgox is "steve3". Last ticket # is 4659

I don't think this is the proper medium, as Adam said, please re-file your ticket on the Mt. Gox website, in their support area, and not here. Good luck on the rest of the tribulations, Adam, I'm glad you guys are making it through this.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 06:38:41 AM

well done MtGox team.
I have critizised the overall lack of professionalism of bitcoin exchanges ,including MtGox and now see some good trends in the right direction.
Please continue on that track. There is still a lot to do...

mahun

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:07:53 AM

Just sent them another email to their info@mtgox.com. Will see...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: